• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(82265)

Major
5 Badges
Aug 15, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
Convince Nobles to join factions - broken?

Several times now the event has fired where my spymaster has convinced a noble to join my faction.

I am leading the lower crown authority in western francia, put my spymaster in Santiago, which is a county belonging to western francia. An event pops up saying my spymaster can strong arm a noble into joning my faction. I hit the do it button. The noble says fine. I let some days pass and pop up the factions list and mine has no members. I've let this happen several times now with several different disgruntled dukes and counts in the realm.

What gives?

Last edited:
Several times now the event has fired where my spymaster has convinced a noble to join my faction.

I am leading the lower crown authority in western francia, put my spymaster in Santiago, which is a county belonging to western francia. An event pops up saying my spymaster can strong arm a noble into joning my faction. I hit the do it button. The noble says fine. I let some days pass and pop up the factions list and mine has no members. I've let this happen several times now with several different disgruntled dukes and counts in the realm.

What gives?

I've had the same issue.

If the leige has already pushed him out of a faction he cannot rejoin a faction for a period of time, I forget how long but it is in years, two or ten I think. Maybe there is no event to let someone know this.

It's a bug. The same thing happens to me all the time. Right now using your spymaster to scheme nobles into your faction is useless because even when they say they will join they never do. It is so hard to get a strong faction now because of this bug. I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet either. Been going on for a while now.

That's a real downer. I invested a lot of time into my "hard" game. Now it seem I will never break free of my leige. It has been 100 years and I haven't seen a single feasable opportunity yet. Without having a way to grow my faction, it seem the game will get shelved awhile. :(

That's a real downer. I invested a lot of time into my "hard" game. Now it seem I will never break free of my leige. It has been 100 years and I haven't seen a single feasable opportunity yet. Without having a way to grow my faction, it seem the game will get shelved awhile. :(

You could always try and kill the king, vassals love to revolt against new kings, especially if its a girl or a child.

You could always try and kill the king, vassals love to revolt against new kings, especially if its a girl or a child.

I've tried it several times. He puts down every revolt, every war for independence. Just too powerful. I've married into several of his duchies, but can't do a thing. West Francia is all of France, west of it up to Austria, All of Italy, most of the Ibernian. There is nothing to be done without the ability to gain faction power.