• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I, of course, cast my vote for the Chinese Youth Party. I call on all of my party comrades and all independents to vote for the best way to achieve greatness once more, the Chinese Youth Party. I especially call on Wuzhang Liangji of that most exaulted of cities. You, who are a man of industry, a man witth a dislike for the Germans, have voted for the KMT? You have voted alongside the PRO-german member of the Progressive Party. You have voted AGAINST the party of industry. The Chinese Youth Party stands for a strengthening of our nation economically and militarily, for the country that all of us, you included, want. Vote for the Future, vote for the Empire, vote CYP.

Coldfront IRC Channel

1) Go to http://www.coldfront.net
2) Pick a client, depending on whether you prefer (or have) Flash or Java.
3) Type in a nickname, preferably similar to you nickname on Paradox, and click connect.
4) Once you have connected, type "/join #Peking". Be sure to include the hashtag and exclude the quotation marks.

I hope to see you all on there!

I, of course, cast my vote for the Chinese Youth Party. I call on all of my party comrades and all independents to vote for the best way to achieve greatness once more, the Chinese Youth Party. I especially call on Wuzhang Liangji of that most exaulted of cities. You, who are a man of industry, a man witth a dislike for the Germans, have voted for the KMT? You have voted alongside the PRO-german member of the Progressive Party. You have voted AGAINST the party of industry. The Chinese Youth Party stands for a strengthening of our nation economically and militarily, for the country that all of us, you included, want. Vote for the Future, vote for the Empire, vote CYP.

Yes, I am a man of industry and the reason for my vote of the KMT is due to the details laid out in their plans. It is true for an industrial China is a mighty China, while I want to see the South removed from German control a pragmatic approach for them should be at least considered due to their ties to the Kaiser and the German Empire, an Empire that has made its presence known on not just one but three continents and in the world market. The KMT has laid out their plans with a significant amount of detail, however, your words are ambiguous and vague. Perhaps if you revealed more of your vision as the KMT has I may at least consider other options. It would be greatly appreciated Shang Tsung.

Our plans for industry are simple. We will intervene in industry only to stimulate it, other wise we will try our hardest to encourage free, competitive trade. Obviously, we wish to see Chinse Industry take a leap ahead of any foreign competitors, so we would work very closely with the captains of industry, such as yourself, in formulating our economic policy. Technological advancements and improvements to infrastructure would be made with advice from the business men and taking into consideration the current financial situation of our Empire. Basically we would be leaning more towards the free market over the controlled economy, but we would keep it close enough to a center so as to not endanger our, as of now, fragile economic position. In matters of foreign affairs, we agree that a pragmatic approach is necessary when dealing with the German Empire. However, every foreigner on Chinese soil and every dissident faction must one day be brought back into the fold, peacefully or otherwise. Peaceful diplomacy will be encouraged, but we must take opportunities when they arise and some risks may be necessary. I hope this answered some of your questions.
-Shang Tsung, CYP Canidate for PM, Representative for Beijing.

Name: Colonel Zhou Xuanyao
Party: Kuomintang (officially independent)
Bio: Born to poor farmers near Nanjing and orphaned shortly thereafter due to the chaos of the uprising, Xuanyao’s very survival was put into question; however, he managed to survive in the turmoil of Nanjing thanks to his cleverness and determination. In 1923, he headed north to seek his fortunes, whereupon he was immediately ‘volunteered’ into the Qing military. With a mix of ruthless efficiency and his loyalty, he’s risen rapidly through the ranks; his talent and methodical approach to combat has won him strong support from the military.

Colonel Xuanyao has largely remained apolitical (though his disdain for the communists is well known), but many believe he is privately a supporter of the Kuomintang. The Colonel has gained a reputation for severity (himself living as luxuriously as a Spartan) and of honesty, though perhaps bluntness is the more accurate term.

~ Promoted to General in 1936 and given command of nine infantry divisions along the Shangqing Tianguo border.

-------

Colonel Xuanyao quietly votes for the Kuomintang before returning to his base.

Last edited:
The Kuomintang has won the elections with a majority government; secured with the help of independent seats. Within the 100 member Imperial Assembly, the KMT holds 57 seats, the CYP 30 seats, the Progressive Party 2 seats, and the Independents 11 seats.

Chao Chin Pak has been invited to form a government by the Emperor; and is now the Prime Minister of the Great Qing.​

I accept the heavy burden the Emperor and the Chinese people have given me. I now name my primary ministers, and my primary general apointments.

Minister of State-Bai Li
Minister of the Interior-Wuzhang Liangji
Minister of War-Qian Yu
Minister of Armaments-Zhong Wenli
Minister of Intelligence-Zhao Huguang Wei

General Appointments
Ling Da-9 infantry-Japanese border
Feng Jie Hui-3 cavalry-Mongolian border
Zhou Xuanyao-9 infantry-Shangqing Tianguo border
Zhang Gongwu-2 infantry 1 militia-AOG border
Myself-5 infantry-Capitol Stack

-By order of Prime Minister Chao Chin Pak

((Goddangit, I just came in to check..))

Zhou Xuanyao a writes a brief letter to the newly elected Prime Minister, thanking him for the promotion and commission, then promptly leaves for his new post.

Prince_Zaitao_of_Qing.jpg

Name: Aisin-Gioro Zaitao, Prince Zhong of the Second Rank of the Qing Dynasty, Marquess of Shanghai of the First Rank
Born: 23 June 1887 (49)
Party: Independent
Position(s):
Protector General of Shanghai (1936- )
Background: Zaitao was born of the Manchu Aisin Gioro clan as the seventh son of Yixuan, Prince Chun of the First Rank. His family was under the Plain Red Banner of the Eight Banners. He was later adopted by Yihe, Prince Zhong of the Second Rank, because Yihe had no successor. In 1890, during the reign of the Guangxu Emperor, Zaitao was conferred the title of "Second Class General Who Guards the Nation". In 1908 he and Tieliang were appointed as zongsi jicha. A year later in 1909, during the reign of the Xuantong Emperor, he was put in charge of the military consultant department. The following year, he visited eight countries - Japan, the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria and Russia - to observe and learn from their more advanced military forces. In May 1910 he was sent to Britain as an ambassador and represented the Qing Dynasty at the funeral of King Edward VII. In 1911 Zaitao was appointed as a minister of the military consultant department and placed in charge of the Imperial Guards. He was also designated as the commander of the Mongol Bordered Yellow Banner. In January 1912, after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, Zaitao, Zaixun, and others from the imperial clan, founded the zongshe dang to preserve their ancestral temple, but this organisation was disbanded in March. After that he traveled throughout China until 1917, when Xuantong was restored to the throne. For the next decade and a half he remained out of politics, merely offering advice to the Emperor when it was needed. Recently however, he changed his opinion on the involvement of the Imperial Family in politics and has become quite vocal in his opinions.

Last edited:
GM note: He is specially-approved.

I would like to congradulate the Prime-Minister elect. May the Heavens grant you wisdom, and may you do justice to our Empire
-Shang Tsung, Representative for Beijing

GM note: I need the MoW to either appoint PC Chiefs of the Army and Airforce or decide to keep the NPCs.

I thank our great Emperor and his Prime Minister for this appointment. I will serve the Qing loyally, as I have always served them. As the Minister of War, I have decided that the current generals, chosen by our imperial master, execute their duties as Chiefs of the Army and Airforce quite sufficiently.

- Qian Yu, Minister of War

Prince Zhong enters the chambers of the Dragon Throne, he walks a few paces forward and then kowtows. He rises after a minute and then stand rigidly.

Huang Shang, I humbly prostrate myself before you, in awe at your most kind deliverance to the people of China a form of democracy that both grants them necessary rights but also maintains the sacred authority of Tian zi. I merely wish to offer myself as a servant once again, to offer advice when it is needed, to give my very soul to the Empire and this Dynasty, for which I bear my heritage. I ask only to be given such an opportunity.

Prince Zhong kowtows once again and then stands, he waits silently for an answer.

My congratulations to the Prime Minister for his honorable victory our recent elections. May he, and our His Imperial Majesty, find grand prosperity in this term.

Similarly, I humble myself to our Prime Minister for his trust placed within my personal character and aptitude. Under my tenure, the Ministry of State will ensure ample friends in our South, and the contestment of dissident "nations" who claim proper Qing land. Let us slow the tide of Japanese influence, and summon forth our own wave, the Qing Current!

- Minister Bai Li