• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mikeking3280

Sergeant
14 Badges
Jul 28, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Now I think the CIM2 is an unsuccessful work, I consider the official found this problem now, but I love this game very much, so I'm very much looking forward the game's developers can produce a new CIM give us in the future.

I think people are being a little bit too harsh, remember CIM2 is not a AAA title.

AAA titles like COD BO2 are always being patched and the Lag comp has ruined the game which the Treyarch Devs don't seem to care (where the Devs at CO do) plus my GTA V on the PS3 has crashed at least a couple of times.

I think people are being a little bit too harsh, remember CIM2 is not a AAA title.

AAA titles like COD BO2 are always being patched and the Lag comp has ruined the game which the Treyarch Devs don't seem to care (where the Devs at CO do) plus my GTA V on the PS3 has crashed at least a couple of times.

CIM2 can become the AAA game . A lot of things is good. But we always wants everything is perfect . The CIM2 is very good simulation game in this year.

I also think people are being a little bit too harsh.

Strategy/Simulation games are tend to be a bit more difficult to build game logic than other genre (like FPS, Action and so on.)

Pathfinding is one of the most difficult one, and I don't know any other game like CIM2 which find path over 100k individuals simultaneously by bottom-up style :(

Dynamic city growth needs to be fixed, but every player has its own building style so developers are hard to get which and when the wrong things are happen.

Now I think the CIM2 is an unsuccessful work, I consider the official found this problem now, but I love this game very much, so I'm very much looking forward the game's developers can produce a new CIM give us in the future.

I'm very sorry you feel this way. Let me cut all rumours about a new sequel here :) Unfortunately, there are no plans to make CIM3 at the moment.

We feel there's still much to de done for Cities in Motion 2 so we'll keep at it :)

I hope there will be future plans for CIM 3 maybe around 2015? :p

I love playing CIM 2, the game has so much potential. Any news/tease of the next DLC? :)

Thanks for the support! There's one vehicle pack for Cities in Motion 2 still to coming during this fall. Then we hope to put our efforts to something slightly bigger, but we'll have to see what Paradox thinks of our plans. Let's hope they will go with it ;)

Unfortunately we can't develop everything that has been suggested, but we do our best to make even some of your wishes come true.
So all the things we have planned are suggested by you guys! We wouldn't do it any other way ;D

Unfortunately we can't develop everything that has been suggested, but we do our best to make even some of your wishes come true.
So all the things we have planned are suggested by you guys! We wouldn't do it any other way ;D

I have some suggest about the next package or the game . we can design the future package . sky street (the cim2 street is OK ,only we can make the new skin. because cim2 street can use page up/down to adjust the height) , future metro station( use cim2 station , in the future , teleport short distances technology is mature technology.) so, the CO need make some new future bus , metro , waterbus and etc. and the new Building.
we can called this "CIM3" or "CIM2 plus"

Last edited:
Actually, when this game came out with the title "The Modern Days", I had an idea about an expansion pack bringing us to for example 1950's with old vehicles and infrastructure. That would be really awesome. I must admit that I didn't like the present in CiM1 and I enjoyed the past a bit more.

I liked CIM2 I was something different compered CIM.
CIM and CIM2 had their strong point and weak points but they are still grate games and they would make it to my Top 10 list of the best games I have played.

I'm very sorry you feel this way. Let me cut all rumours about a new sequel here :) Unfortunately, there are no plans to make CIM3 at the moment.

We feel there's still much to de done for Cities in Motion 2 so we'll keep at it :)

I really love CIM and CIM2, I am also very honored to be selected as the “Alpha” testing personnel, so I will always support you. In fact, I know you really work hard, so I have to apologize to you. Anyway they are a game, so I should not be too demanding for it. Currently I have a full set of DLC in CIM and CIM2.:)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I understand you are passionate about Cities in Motion 1 and 2 and that's absolutely a great thing! We want to hear your feedback to improve the game. However we appreciate polite behaviour and your understanding that not everything can be changed or redesigned at this point. But we do our best to listen to you and work on Cities in Motion 2 still!

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I understand you are passionate about Cities in Motion 1 and 2 and that's absolutely a great thing! We want to hear your feedback to improve the game. However we appreciate polite behaviour and your understanding that not everything can be changed or redesigned at this point. But we do our best to listen to you and work on Cities in Motion 2 still!

My one and only suggestion would be to put something in the ruleset to allow me to place roads for free or at a reduced cost as I have plans to build a road network until the game makes it a town, make transport based around the buildings the game has put down, then expand the road network to make the city bigger, then build more transport. Repeat until map is full.

I know that I can build a town in editor before I put public transport down, but it's not the same, nor is unlimited money.

It's a minor touch which only I want probably, but it would bring my 20 hours of the game to 120 hours almost instantly. In a ruleset where we can change so much, why can't road cost be edited?

My one and only suggestion would be to put something in the ruleset to allow me to place roads for free or at a reduced cost as I have plans to build a road network until the game makes it a town, make transport based around the buildings the game has put down, then expand the road network to make the city bigger, then build more transport. Repeat until map is full.

I know that I can build a town in editor before I put public transport down, but it's not the same, nor is unlimited money.

It's a minor touch which only I want probably, but it would bring my 20 hours of the game to 120 hours almost instantly. In a ruleset where we can change so much, why can't road cost be edited?

Just for clarification, you'd like to be able to remove the cost of the road building, but keep the cost of building your network (vehicles, stops, depots, maintenance..)? I'll check with our programmers if this would be doable :)