• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about doing something about converting provinces cultural? Its too fast i hear...

They've made it harder to convert religion. You need to have converted religion to start convert culture.

There is an 80% reduction cost for overseas provinces. These are the only provinces that one should culture convert barring truly exceptional circumstances, since there are so many better uses for DMP. The fuss is because any mechanic that deals with culture is hugely controversial, and culture conversion even more so, due to different people's different beliefs regarding what culture represents.

80%, yeah that sounds a lot. I suppose it was made to represent native extermination in the Americas... it definitely doesn't fit for North Africa, Asia, and maybe not even for Africa in general. But hey, I just won't use it in those places then (and I'll actually try to be nice to the natives in my first game as France, but that's another story).

Are you saying the game was a buggy mess less than a week before release? :D

It's far more likely that the demo was a version from a month or more before release that was subsequently modified somewhat (nation restrictions added, cheats disabled, saves disabled, etc.) with only cursory checks for accidental bug introduction.

- It is now possible for some provinces to be impossible to convert religion in, without special ideas and abilities.

I'm guessing this was in response to the complaints that converting the balkans to Sunni as the ottomans was too easy? Either way great.

What are the "Impossible to convert" cultures/provinces anyway? Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, India and the like? I hope certain areas like Albania and Bosnia will be possible to convert.

To all the people that had complaints and to whom I replied "Relax, just wait, this is only the demo, not the full release yet", and who then replied to me that the demo is already the same thing as the full final release just with the no save limitation, I have one thing to say: "Ha!"

I love the random country option. Some of my best Vicky2 games have been with really unlikely nations (Haiti, Hawaii, Sindh).

I'd also like to configure it. In Vicky2 I made my own random country generator, I assigned every card in the deck it's own country (or released country), and leave the cards I pick out of the deck (yes, I write down my ranking after playing each country, Haiti rocks if you get lucky). I'd love the same in EUIV. Let me see a list of all the countries, check off the ones I want to skip, and when I play a random country, check that off the list for me (I can un-check it if I want to have it remain an option). When the random country pops up, give me a "re-roll?" button, too, please. I can then work my way through all the countries I find interesting, maybe eliminating some when I played something similar and realized I should have eliminated the Indian OPMs, or the eastern USA indians.

I'd talk about weighting the options, or making sub-groupings in case I want to randomly choose from among a certain type of country, but I don't want to sound spoiled.