UPDATED 14/06/18 - *** Rules for User Made Mods and Edits of PDS games ***

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You use vBulletin, right? I'm pretty sure it handles that.
They are switching to a software they develop themselves though.

I do not see this question asked before, so let me ask it. If for example someone makes an ad.fly link that goes to the mediafire, is that banned?

If you are posting the DL link Hot Linked , typed out, as an image, basically in anyway, then it is not allowed, outside of the user modding forum.

They are switching to a software they develop themselves though.
Yes and No, We are using a purchased forum software as a base and having a third party heavily Modding it for us, then we need to mod it some more internally and place additional security.

If you are posting the DL link Hot Linked , typed out, as an image, basically in anyway, then it is not allowed, outside of the user modding forum.
While ad.fly technically provides hotlinking to the Download outside of the modding forums, finding the adf.ly page without accessing the modding forums is as difficult as finding the download directly on mediafire. ((Adf.ly is basically just a Adsense banner between you and the download allowing someone (usually the modder) to make half a penny for anyone downloading the mod. Even for extremely popular mods that's probably like a coffee or two per week.)) Still not allowed?

While ad.fly technically provides hotlinking to the Download outside of the modding forums, finding the adf.ly page without accessing the modding forums is as difficult as finding the download directly on mediafire. ((Adf.ly is basically just a Adsense banner between you and the download allowing someone (usually the modder) to make half a penny for anyone downloading the mod. Even for extremely popular mods that's probably like a coffee or two per week.)) Still not allowed?

If it is commercial then definitely not allowed. We are actually looking at ways our modders can make money, technical limitations are still in the way currently.

If it is commercial then definitely not allowed. We are actually looking at ways our modders can make money, technical limitations are still in the way currently.

This is also another problem your "rules" make : 9) You may not solicit directly or indirectly donation in any form.
What about Youtube LetsPlay´s with with Mods ?
You sure know that there are some very popular Letsplayers make some good Money just with monetization of the Mods Letsplays.

Makes no sense to say "not allowed" for simple and very very low money making adf.ly links , but on the other hand Paradox themself promote Youtube Letsplays (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ersalis-IV-MP-with-Northernlion-Mathas-Arumba!) ... that a bit strange imo :wacko:
With promotions like this you somehow gives those YT Letsplayers indirect Money ... :ninja:

This is also another problem your "rules" make : 9) You may not solicit directly or indirectly donation in any form.
What about Youtube LetsPlay´s with with Mods ?
You sure know that there are some very popular Letsplayers make some good Money just with monetization of the Mods Letsplays.

Makes no sense to say "not allowed" for simple and very very low money making adf.ly links , but on the other hand Paradox themself promote Youtube Letsplays (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ersalis-IV-MP-with-Northernlion-Mathas-Arumba!) ... that a bit strange imo :wacko:
With promotions like this you somehow gives those YT Letsplayers indirect Money ... :ninja:
Do note that YouTubers have explicit permission from Paradox to monetize their content. It isn't an accident or oversight in any way. Similarly, I've got permission to monetize my wikis and license the content not owned by Paradox under CC BY-SA 3.0.
Though of course, that YouTubers (and to some extent, my wikis, but my costs are far higher than modders' or YouTubers') can earn money and modders can't is a bit strange.

Would there be an issue if I was to import the EU: Rome OST to use in my CK2 mod, Project Augustus: - A Roman Realism Mod?

There's no way I could limit the mod to people who have bought EU: Rome, but I could put down LoR as a requirement (It's already needed to access my mods content).

Would there be an issue if I was to import the EU: Rome OST to use in my CK2 mod, Project Augustus: - A Roman Realism Mod?

There's no way I could limit the mod to people who have bought EU: Rome, but I could put down LoR as a requirement (It's already needed to access my mods content).

Nope unfortunately this would not be allowed.

No Sorry, technically I was probably not even supposed to say that much.

Well, still good on you guys for trying to figure out a way. Regardless of actual value, it will probably be a very good incentive for user mod creation.

Anyway I think Johann already said something like that in a live stream around september last year.

Probably some bull that wont ever see the light anyway

ADMIN EDIT: For language

I don't work for Paradox. Nor am I an expert in contract law.

However, having worked as a Security Guard, and being told that since I'm a "contract employee" that many labour laws don't apply to me, I understand some of the problem.

I don't know how the game contracts are worded, but if, for example, PI contracts PDS, etc, then there could be clauses in the contracts that make such a thing (modders making money) impossible due to wording.

This is the discussion thread for the User Modding rules of PDS Games.
Hello I have read up on a few pages in this thread, but havent found any relevant mentions about the extent of coverage from these specific rule reminders. This applies to all PDS backed games only, and for rules on PI regular games, you have to check on dedicated subforum rule threads (on top of general forum rules) right?

Some of these rules would apply to third party games as well, basically it goes by studio, so some are Rules from PI and some from the Studio that released the game.

Hi, I am confused about steam workshop.
1. Do these rules also apply to mods in workshop?
2. Can I have a mod that is only on Steam workshop and solicit donations there?
3. Can I have a mod here and on Steam workshop and solicit donations only in workshop?

Did you read the OP of this thread? It's pretty clear, I thought:

Below are the rules you must follow if you want to Mention/Discuss/Plan or otherwise Market your User mod on our forums and or list it in the steam Workshop.

8) You may not charge to buy the mod or charge fees of any kind.
9) You may not solicit directly or indirectly donation in any form.