+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Europa Universalis IV OST: Favorite Tracks!

Serenissimo Leone Marco Dandolo's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Europa Universalis IV OST: Favorite Tracks!

Besides the great Main theme "Voyage" which was presented some months ago, we have now encountered more music in the demo version. Once again, Waldetoft has reached another level in his carreer, and amazed with some really interesting pieces of music. My favorites so far:

- The Voyage
    A great introduction, containing the atmosphere of discovery, expansion, and the full glory of an expanding empire. I really like the "lento" beginning, before it evolves and evolves in greatness.

- Discovery
    "The Voyage"'s little sister. Smoother, and full of nostalgia, as it is like a remix of "Conquistador", the main theme of EUIII. Not an aggressive, military and bombastic atmosphere as the original, but more intense in describing the discovery of the New World.

- The Stonemasons
    Once again, "Conquistador" is the theme, but this wonderful track is more of a variation of our old EUIII main theme. Refined, polished, with other aspects, and some interesting passages. After the first 30 seconds, this track grows, and has a fascinating atmosphere. Really, my favourite track of EUIV at the moment and one of the best of Waldetoft, in my opinion.

- Battle of Lepanto
    Has a little bit of EU:ROME and CKII in it. After a march-theme and epic chorus, the Holy Alliance comes in, fighting against the enemies of the christian faith. I liked the theme from the first time when I heared it in a review; now, that I know its name, I like it even more.
    Glorious Galleazze, I hear you call!

- Ride Fourth Victoriously
    Another battle-theme. Spanish and North German horses are all around, attacking flanks, with some very nice fanfares in the background.
    E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Serenissima Italia - An Italian Ambition for EUIV
    An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Lepanto. I'm a sucker for epic/heroic music.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

- Ride Fourth Victoriously
    - Lepanto

Definitely these two
    ..ali ko to tamo peva, leva leva leva leva...

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    EUIV: Art of War

I cant say enough how much I enjoy Mr.Waldetoft's music.

Edit: The Voyage is amazing!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I don't know what the track is, but it has a sister track in CK2 and also the trailer for EvW of all things, IT'S ALL CONNECTED!
    "History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

Serenissimo Leone Marco Dandolo's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A secret code, eh?

If bets were possible, I think Lepanto, RFV and Voyage would make the race.
    E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Serenissima Italia - An Italian Ambition for EUIV
    An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

The Voyage and The Stonemansons are both awesome.

The Voyage blew me away. I don't think I've ever been stuck on the main menu of a Paradox game for quite as long as the EUIV one.

It's really hard for me to make a list after that, though. It's all so good.

"The Stonemasons" and specially "In the Streets" which reminds be a bit on the god old Final Fantasy 9 Maintheme.

In EU3 i had allways fun to hear the "The Tudors Series OST" which was perfectly fitting in the early phase of the game.

To be honest, the songs of the Paradox Games are not enough to hear them all over again, when they are games which you play 200h +

Voyage is my absolute favorite.

I have to agree on Stone Masons, also one of the ones I really get motivated by in game.

Land in Sight and My king are also great.

Ride forth Victoriously is my favorite war song!

+ Reply to Thread