• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mclemente

is_emperor = yes
73 Badges
Jan 20, 2012
www.twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
Eug%C3%A8ne_Ferdinand_Victor_Delacroix_012.jpg

Screenshots on the next post

Latinokratia

Latinokratia for PB/PB+VIET

SWMH version coming as soon as Aasmul permits it!​

What is Latinokratia:

Latinokratia is a mod based for the period in history where the Crusaders took over Constantinople and established the Empire of Romania (Latin Empire in vanilla, not to be confused with nowadays Romania) and destroyed the Byzantine Empire for almost 40 years.

This mod only supports PB yet, as I started modding with it as base, I'll be releasing a vanilla version soon.

It's a simple mod that adds 2 historical empires to fight Romania, the Empire of Nicaea and the Empire of Trebizond, and the Despotate of Epirus (borrowed from VIET), some events so Nicaea or Trebizond get to restore Byzantium, or, if Romania can assert it's position in the region, Romania becomes de jure and gets a chance to survive and even form the Roman Empire! (and rip history books apart) and more to come.

I hope this mod can make other players enjoy playing with a nation that starts with a huge potential in the wrong neighborhood (and gets destroyed to Bulgaria, not that ahistorical, I guess) but has no chance to survive as they don't get any de jure land, no events, no nothing, and vassals with different culture so the Emperor can't get any troops out of Bonifacio.

List of Features:
*Play as the Emperor of Latin Empire (Imperator of Romania, in the mod) and conquer what's left of Byzantium after the 4th Crusade.
*Form the Roman Empire as the Latin Emperor, reclaiming fully the Roman Empire instead of just being a pretender.
*Play as the Empire of Nicaea,Empire of Trebizond and Despotate of Epirus and try to save Constantinople from the latins, or simply try to survive.
*Change the name of Rum, Roman Empire, Byzantium, Latin Empire in-game. (A VIET feature)
*Varangian Guard moves from your court to Constantinople's holder, if you lose it from your realm.
*Become de jure ruler of Byzantine lands as Latin Empire.
Compatibilities with other mods:
*Made to run with Project Balance mod.
*VIET (Only tested with PB module)
*Millenium (not entirely sure, but doesn't have any reason for not).
*Additional Objectives for Project Balance
*Clear Combat mod
*NBRT
*Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish - Zoroastrianism expanded
*Observe Lent mini-mod
*Any mod that don't mess with titles should be fine.
Compatitilities issues:
*Any mod that has a landed_titles.txt and doesn't have Kingdoms of Thessalonika, Epirus and Trebizond, to fix you can simply delete Latinokratia's landed_titles.txt and change e_latin_empire's allow clause to "always = no" and try to add them manually
*Any mod that has a e_trebizond and e_nikaea (easily fixable too, just merge them, but pay attention to the history files too!)
Related to History files:
*Titles of any de jure vassal of d_achaia, d_adrianopolis, d_athens, d_cibyrrhaeot, d_epirus, d_nikaea, d_samos, d_thessalonika, d_varangian_guard or it's de jure lieges.
*Character files of dutch, frankish, italian and greek.txt
*Unless the Crusade CB becomes invalid with Jerusalem (why?????), the wars should be fine
*Namespaces in use: LatinEmpire, latine and customization (from 21 to 29 so it won't have issues with VIET)
Integrated mods:
*jordarkelf's Form the Latin Empire by decision
*Parts of VIET's code
*Parts of Project Balance's code
*My own Crusades mod, that adds the First, Second and Third Crusades into the game, instead of having the First Crusade for Jerusalem on 1200's
(With due permission from everyone it's creators)
Future plans:
*A vanilla version (damn that Kingdom of Greece!)
*Coding a war (and a cb) for the 4th Crusade
*Simulate Bulgarian-Latin Wars
*Maybe a melting pot for Greek-French-Italian culture?
*Any suggestions that seen relevant and doable to the mod
*Flavour for Venice, Epirus, Trebizond, Nicaea, Romania, Bulgaria, maybe even Rum
*Depending on how players react, remove the Empires of Trebizond and Nicaea and simply change the name tier of the Kingdoms to Empires

Known issues:
Vanilla:
(none yet)

PB:
*I can't get the Imperial Reconquest CB to work for Latin Empire

Changelog:
11/8/2013:
v. 1.0
-Initial Release

Hope you enjoy it, also, suggestions to improve the mod are accepted, feel free to ask and point out any bugs! Remember, it's still for PB or PB+VIET yet, don't try it at vanilla!

Attachments

• kv9it1U.jpg
    kv9it1U.jpg
    149,5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
I promised more screenshots, there they are:
kv9it1U.jpg

Event after you get big enough

z835wNy.jpg

Political map, Latin Empire bookmark start

EuWvjtM.jpg

Direct vassals

pP8P55M.jpg

Latin Empire retakes Rum (just like Byzantium retaking Rum)
(yeah, the frame was bugged, already fixed it)

Attachments

• 7OuQF0u.jpg
    7OuQF0u.jpg
    180,7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
By looking at it, you probably have to paste them over vanilla PB mod's files.

Interesting. I will check it out.

Looks good. I demand pics too, cause pics sell.

Just now I realised I upload the .rar without the .mod file, I'm so sorry! I've uploaded a new file so you can check the mod while selecting your mod!

Pics right now!

EDIT: Now Latinokratia for vanilla, check it out!

Last edited:
Awesome. Pics look hot.

While that makes no sense as a sentance, from context, id assume, an event chain to Create the Latin Empire in game if there is a crusade happening and the ERE is in a civil war.
Maybe include a 'Massacre of the Latins' decision for the EREmperor which would be a requirement as well so it wouldnt happen if the byzantines didnt have it coming.

While that makes no sense as a sentance, from context, id assume, an event chain to Create the Latin Empire in game if there is a crusade happening and the ERE is in a civil war.
Maybe include a 'Massacre of the Latins' decision for the EREmperor which would be a requirement as well so it wouldnt happen if the byzantines didnt have it coming.

I mean the entire fall of the ERE during the fourth crusade it there involved with messy succession crisis at the time.