+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 vs EU 4 summary

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

EU3 vs EU 4 summary

Hey there!

So if you have followed the developer diaries, you should know the major changes between Europa Universalis III & Europa Universalis IV by now!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...iaries-Archive

But just to make sure, we have put together a document for you summarizing the differences between eu3 & eu4.

And yes, we have to confess that its nearly impossible to detail every single change,
    but we have at least tried to nail down the largest changes as well as smaller changes that impact on the gameplay

Click image for larger version

Name:	EU4_vs_EU3_Summary.pdf
Views:	43782
Size:	29.99 MB
ID:	86624
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4&d=1375444887

Enjoy!

cheers,
    regina
    Last edited by Regina; 03-08-2013 at 11:41.
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteImpireLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Brilliant! Reading! bai!
    Year of Birth: 986
    Culture: Dutch
    Education: Skilled Tactician
    Traits: attractive, quick, weak, lustful, poet, kind, content, just, paranoid, organizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallain View Post
    Honestly I think the prices are just right. 10 euros is not more than I'd give for a good pizza and SoA is a great pizza.

Thanks, Regina. Now give us a demo or we will rebel and waste all of your manpower~

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

it would have been better if you released this after eu4 released so we can put more detail summary and see the changes for our own eyes

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbad2010 View Post
    it would have been better if you released this after eu4 released so we can put more detail summary and see the changes for our own eyes
    wanted to prepare you so you know what to expect
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Xu View Post
    Thanks, Regina. Now give us a demo or we will rebel and waste all of your manpower~
    Interesting. Ill see what I can do

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Nice 1!

Decision: Release Demo
    -10 to Revolt Risk
    +5 Tolerance against Paradox.

I post.. it just doesnt count Adamus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    The demo's coming out soon!! very soon!!
    The Original Werewolf Amateur
    Wins: 12 Losses: Many GM'd: 3 Werewolf Lites
    Currently playing Banished!

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    The only real step backward IMNHO is the removal of the ability to recruit advisers as you see fit. This was one of the best additions to EU3 in the expansions as you had more control over your strategy.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

We kept the dynastic and heir system from the previous version of Europa Universalis
    intact, except for one interesting addition. If you play a monarchy, once your heir
    reaches adulthood, you can turn him into a military leader.
    Yeah, because your heir will totally survive to adulthood! Especially if he has some good numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    What about giving us the demo now. If not now, what about now? .. Or maybe just a bit later than now, maybe now?

I love you paradox!!

Have I ever told you that you are my favourite Regina? Well, you are! You're the best Regina we have!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Magnificent!

Question is, can we get a Eu4 map too?
    I have Eu2, Eu3 and EU:Rome maps, please don't stop making those!
    You could nice profits just by selling those maps alone.

Have I ever told you that you are my favourite Regina? Well, you are! You're the best Regina we have!

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Magnificent!

Question is, can we get a Eu4 map too?
    I have Eu2, Eu3 and EU:Rome maps, please don't stop making those!
    You could nice profits just by selling those maps alone.

I'd totally hit that!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

*laughs* well done Regina!

I think its safe to say most of the forum would do anything for a demo right about now :P

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Hm a lot of things are paid with monarch power. So what is money for?
    "You still manage expenses, of course, but these are the ones traditionally associated with empire building your army and navy maintenance, colonial support and missionary activities. You can adjust how much you spend here to increase or decrease cash flow."
    Is there something else you can pay for? And you don't pay for new buildings?

Very nice overview btw!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast