• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here's another one for the history section:

Zoroastrianism is not a dead or dying religion in 867 or 1066, or even today, and thusly cannot really be compared to Hellenic Paganism. In 867 and 1066, the majority of Persians were still Zoroastrians, and even Persians who converted to Islam still drew heavily on Zoroastrianism. Many rebels against Muslim rule drew on both Muslim and Zoroastrian ideas, and there were still Zoroastrian lords near the Caspian as late as the mid to late 11th century.

I like how you've broken it down into categories. I don't think spoiler tags make it more readable, just adds lots of annoying clicking.

I'll remove the spoiler tags for sub-categories then, I'll keep the top level ones for now. I was looking at it on the preview and it makes it slightly confusing because I count starting from 1 on each category. I could use bullet points instead, of course.

Last edited:
2) The Tribal Invasion CB is limited to Altaic, Magyar and Aztec cultures, and only if they aren't Christian
This isn't entirely true. Non-Mongol Altaic cultures need to be pagan in order to get the CB. Converting to Islam or Zoroastrianism will make them lose thee CB, unlike Aztecs and Mongols who will keep it. Just check the casus belli files, it's all in there ;)

Forming Hungry gives you units, however the amount of units is either scaled to your total number of units or surviving original units. If it is the former, than after winning the war, you should raid until you get enough gold to hire all the mercs and then enact the decision. Congratulations! You get to be Genghis Khan 4 centuries early.

Some? The entire idea comes off as less about helping confused inquirers so much as a smug take-that to those "guilty" of past lapses of attention, or failing to notice dev comments, missing something in the manual, etc.

Indeed. I don't really see the point in a thread like this. The game is about having fun, not telling people off for not reading what the developers say.

Indeed. I don't really see the point in a thread like this. The game is about having fun, not telling people off for not reading what the developers say.

Fundamentally disagree. I think you're disagreeing for the sake of holding a contrary viewpoint. I'm not a prideful person and I sincerely hope nobody else here is. It's helpful to have a thread where somebody can read things like this because they have to be corrected somewhere - posting the 50th thread about the English melting pot and getting incorrect answers doesn't help anyone, and in that case ignorance is not bliss.

Of course, it's unlikely that you're going to read this and do anything else but disagree again, so I'll check the OP and try to make the language even more diplomatic and conciliatory to try to avoid endless droning waves of "you're prideful, you're making pointless stuff, the status quo is best, I'm right you're wrong".

Fundamentally disagree. I think you're disagreeing for the sake of holding a contrary viewpoint. I'm not a prideful person and I sincerely hope nobody else here is. It's helpful to have a thread where somebody can read things like this because they have to be corrected somewhere - posting the 50th thread about the English melting pot and getting incorrect answers doesn't help anyone, and in that case ignorance is not bliss.

Of course, it's unlikely that you're going to read this and do anything else but disagree again, so I'll check the OP and try to make the language even more diplomatic and conciliatory to try to avoid endless droning waves of "you're prideful, you're making pointless stuff, the status quo is best, I'm right you're wrong".

Not my intention. Some of the language just comes off as condescending. Though that might be the only way to say most of these things. I do agree with the majority of the points. I just don't see the point in making a thread like this.

Wasn't trying to offend you. Sorry if I did.

Not my intention. Some of the language just comes off as condescending. Though that might be the only way to say most of these things. I do agree with the majority of the points. I just don't see the point in making a thread like this.

Wasn't trying to offend you. Sorry if I did.

Fair enough, never mind then - my own outburst of irritation was probably a bit much. Tell me if you see a specific point that sounds harsh, as I have difficulty writing in a gently or conciliatory fashion in long chunks of text where I'm not addressing any one person.

In the second last stream Doomdark said "Never say never" on this topic.
As such sounds like a potential DLC or whatever, this thread got created: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?691814-Jewish-DLC
There's a Judaism mod and a jewish courtier mod. Just sayin' before this dscussion blows this thread.

Thank you, that tends to support leaving the Jewish point as a short and snappy statement and nothing more. However, I think I will add another point, namely that the existence of a mod for a feature does not preclude its official implementation by Paradox, nor is it an excuse for not making a change. There tends to be at least one person getting annoyed when someone starts plugging their mod in a feature request thread (not saying you are lol).

Last edited:
Fair enough, never mind then. Tell me if you see a specific point that sounds harsh, as I have difficulty writing in a gently or conciliatory fashion in long chunks of text where I'm not addressing any one person.

I think it's partially because I was reading the whole thread, and the repeated points that you had already placed in the first post made it seem like everyone was being redundant.

Though honestly, I don't see the harm in people wanting Greco-Romans in the game. It's not like I would play them, but I don't see the harm in it.

I think it's partially because I was reading the whole thread, and the repeated points that you had already placed in the first post made it seem like everyone was being redundant.

Though honestly, I don't see the harm in people wanting Greco-Romans in the game. It's not like I would play them, but I don't see the harm in it.

I put that point in the history section rather than the part about suggested features because people often overestimate their size. I'll also make a positive point about them.

I put that point in the history section rather than the part about suggested features because people often overestimate their size. I'll also make a positive point about them.

Fair enough. Paradox just needs to push the timeline back another 200 hundred years. ;)

Fair enough. Paradox just needs to push the timeline back another 200 hundred years. ;)

I just updated the history section, I tried to be as fair as possible with the new point. Not too sure about history going back further myself, I'd quite like a more tribal or cultural focussed migration period franchise installment rather than trying to retrofit CKII - I don't think it'd do the time justice. (That's kinda rich coming from me though seeing as I'm plugging a mod to set time back 400 years in my signature).

I just updated the history section, I tried to be as fair as possible with the new point. Not too sure about history going back further myself, I'd quite like a more tribal or cultural focussed migration period franchise installment rather than trying to retrofit CKII - I don't think it'd do the time justice. (That's kinda rich coming from me though seeing as I'm plugging a mod to set time back 400 years in my signature).

Was mostly not serious about that.

I like the way Winter King does Saxon migration mechanics. It's quite the fun mod.

Was mostly not serious about that.

I like the way Winter King does Saxon migration mechanics. It's quite the fun mod.

Praise Luca for that, I was looking to improve it further my contributing a concept of migration push and pull factors, but then I realised I was a lazy bastard who also had exams around the corner.

This is not strictly true and I've proven it in a bug report

We'll see where that bug report goes. I'd prefer to make a separate section to list bugs and how they conflict with what I said earlier, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.