• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Galaahd

\O/\O/\O/\O/\O/\O/O\/O\/O\/O\/
114 Badges
Apr 7, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
I've downloaded the patch. I must say I am somewhat disappointed by the new names of the buildings :sad: They are so generic and flavourless.

Now you have Keep I, Keep II, Keep III... they all have been replaced with a generic name plus the number.

I'm not sure how "Small Keep," "Expanded Keep," "Epic Keep" and so forth is any less generic. This way it's easier to keep track of your holding upgrades, and the building names will never be cut off due to their length.

As for descriptions, all buildings were given them when The Republic was released.

I'm not sure how "Small Keep," "Expanded Keep," "Epic Keep" and so forth is any less generic. This way it's easier to keep track of your holding upgrades, and the building names will never be cut off due to their length.

Why not use both?
Like "Expanded Keep (II)"

As for descriptions, all buildings were given them when The Republic was released.

I don't know, I preferred the old system.

Castle village instead of castle town can do a lot for immersion for instance, at least to me. And I never found it hard to keep track of the updates to be honest.

I liked the old way, but from a gameplay perspective I understand the change. With the descriptions it's not that much of a loss anyway.

I don't know, I preferred the old system.

Castle village instead of castle town can do a lot for immersion for instance, at least to me. And I never found it hard to keep track of the updates to be honest.

I usually kept track by looking at the price for the update.

this is one of the things i have improved through magnate lords.

The devs ability to name buildings (amongst other things) seems incredibly poor and uninteresting, if not lazy.. ?

But, didn't we have the roman numerals for how far along it was right there to the left?

I liked the old system, personally. It was a nice touch of flavor, and at no point was I left scratching my head.

But, didn't we have the roman numerals for how far along it was right there to the left?

I liked the old system, personally. It was a nice touch of flavor, and at no point was I left scratching my head.
This indeed. I was never confused by the names and liked the bit of flavour they gave. Names of Islamic titles/holdings is more confusing, but you don't remove that either :eek: