• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, my guess would be (if you updated to the newest patch) they're all wiped...

well, yes the old saved games from older than the new patch which i have installed. Yes, those would be wiped.

I was talking about the New saved games that i saved whilst playing the new 1.03 version of DH :p

Those saved games are NOT in the saved games folder. not even the auto saved games are in the saved games folder under scenarios.

Is there something about the "Compatibility Files" tab in Window Explorer too? I remember having to hit that to see some savegame files.

PS: mikey1871, I checked some notes I made about this. I apologize if I am telling you things you already know.

First, savegame files are NOT in DarkestHour\scenarios\savegames. Instead, they are in DarkestHour\Mods\DarkestHourFull\scenarios\savegames.

Second, if you do not see your savegame there, try hitting the Windows Explorer tab labeled "Compatibility Files"

If you see them then, right-click on one of the files you want and examine its PROPERTIES. On the Properties screen, you will find a tab labeled DETAILS. On that tab, check the files FOLDER PATH. If the patch is incorrect - that is, if it does not reflect where the file actually is, which is DarkestHour\Mods\DarkestHourFull\scenarios\savegames, CUT it and then paste it back where it already is. (I usually close the Window Explorer screen I am using and open a new one in between cutting and pasting. It may be dumb, or it may help because of the compatibility files thing. I am too computer illiterate to say.)

I hope this helps, and if it's really dumb, I apologize. It is the work-around I use when savegames don't show up when I run the game. HTH!

Last edited:
Is there something about the "Compatibility Files" tab in Window Explorer too? I remember having to hit that to see some savegame files.

PS: mikey1871, I checked some notes I made about this. I apologize if I am telling you things you already know.

First, savegame files are NOT in DarkestHour\scenarios\savegames. Instead, they are in DarkestHour\Mods\DarkestHourFull\scenarios\savegames.

Second, if you do not see your savegame there, try hitting the Windows Explorer tab labeled "Compatibility Files"

If you see them then, right-click on one of the files you want and examine its PROPERTIES. On the Properties screen, you will find a tab labeled DETAILS. On that tab, check the files FOLDER PATH. If the patch is incorrect - that is, if it does not reflect where the file actually is, which is DarkestHour\Mods\DarkestHourFull\scenarios\savegames, CUT it and then paste it back where it already is. (I usually close the Window Explorer screen I am using and open a new one in between cutting and pasting. It may be dumb, or it may help because of the compatibility files thing. I am too computer illiterate to say.)

I hope this helps, and if it's really dumb, I apologize. It is the work-around I use when savegames don't show up when I run the game. HTH!

No, your fine dude. Win7 screws so many games up it's not funny. Stupid microsoft and their... "regular people made Win7". Yeah it shows, it's screwed up. GODS, i hate win7 "compatibility" CRAP!!!

I didn't think of making sure that i actually look in the DH full folder for the saved games. My bad.

Thanks.

P.S.

You were right. They were there all the time... in the dang DH full folder :)