• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why was the farm size shrinking modifier removed from the industry technology? I liked how it represented the historical economic change :/

This thread is for questions relating to the release procedure etc. Not for gameplay/design discussions. Please find a suitable thread or start a new one. Thank you!

i know we just got Heart of Darkness but is another expansion possible? Or its the last one ? ^_^

Can Revolts by native populations occur in colonies/protectorates just say in Africa and others as this happened many times historically from the late 19th century through into the 20th century, plus also it would keep some of my soldiers in the colonies very busy rather than being idle for decades in those lands??

Also if they got serious then i would send my main forces to crush the revolts properly as i have only really had the Sepoy Rebellion as the really serious one in the UK campaign, which makes me surprised as Vicky I had many more revolts to deal as sometimes they got out of control that i had to send regular forces from the homeland to help crush them.

Hi I have a question. I am experiencing problems with the steam downloaded part of this game. So first things first. Steam says it cannot connect me to the key server, so I cannot get a key generated for my game. I have just downloaded all Vic 2 DLC and Expansions. So without that key, I cannot register it as one of my games here for further technical support, hence why I'm posting here. Then I tried to just play it from the .exe in the folder under steam then it failed at initializing map. Researched that and deleted the map cache (both locations) and proceeded to run it from the exe again. Again it stopped there. I am just wondering what my next steps are here. My specs are a Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50 Ghz processor with 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz and Windows 8. Just wondering what I'm messing up here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do I have to have AHD installed before installing HOD?

Yes

Hi I have a question. I am experiencing problems with the steam downloaded part of this game. So first things first. Steam says it cannot connect me to the key server, so I cannot get a key generated for my game. I have just downloaded all Vic 2 DLC and Expansions. So without that key, I cannot register it as one of my games here for further technical support, hence why I'm posting here. Then I tried to just play it from the .exe in the folder under steam then it failed at initializing map. Researched that and deleted the map cache (both locations) and proceeded to run it from the exe again. Again it stopped there. I am just wondering what my next steps are here. My specs are a Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50 Ghz processor with 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz and Windows 8. Just wondering what I'm messing up here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will have a look to see if Steam ran out of keys. Does anyone else have this problem?

You should be able to play the game without it though (meta server excluded).

I have not been able to play it whatsoever, even with the map cache fix (both locations) and utilizing the exe file within the directory. I'm just frustrated that I shelled out 60$ on something that does not work right now. Kinda bummed, is there some other solution out there?

Yeah, I just bought this from steam today and I am having problems with starting it up. I've re-installed it, registered it into this website and verified it (the last time 1 file was in need of correction) but I'm still having trouble. Should I just wait it out until steam corrects it somehow or can I do something about this now?

>There are two versions of Victoria 2,

Why?!?

There was one version for Steam and one for others.

Yeah, I just bought this from steam today and I am having problems with starting it up. I've re-installed it, registered it into this website and verified it (the last time 1 file was in need of correction) but I'm still having trouble. Should I just wait it out until steam corrects it somehow or can I do something about this now?

Are you having AHD installed? I can see that you only have V2 and HoD registered here on the forums. You need to have AHD to run HoD. If you have both installed, try deleting the "...Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria 2"-folder and start the game again. Make sure to backup any savefiles before you do this!

There was one version for Steam and one for others.

Are you having AHD installed? I can see that you only have V2 and HoD registered here on the forums. You need to have AHD to run HoD. If you have both installed, try deleting the "...Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria 2"-folder and start the game again. Make sure to backup any savefiles before you do this!

I'd have to admit that I do not know what AHD means. I searched it on the internet and in the steam store but found nothing relating to this. I backed up my files for Victoria 2 but I did not delete the folder stated by you just in case I should have the "AHD" before I was to delete it. Can you let me know what AHD means and how I can obtain it?

I'd have to admit that I do not know what AHD means. I searched it on the internet and in the steam store but found nothing relating to this. I backed up my files for Victoria 2 but I did not delete the folder stated by you just in case I should have the "AHD" before I was to delete it. Can you let me know what AHD means and how I can obtain it?

AHD means A House Divided, the previous expansion.

Before I go through with it and buy AHD for Victoria 2, has anyone else been able to play Victoria 2 with Heart of Darkness and without AHD because I do not want to potentially waste another $10 for this expansion if my game, as it is, should be working. Also, the dollar(U.S.) sign means that I am in the USA.

Before I go through with it and buy AHD for Victoria 2, has anyone else been able to play Victoria 2 with Heart of Darkness and without AHD because I do not want to potentially waste another $10 for this expansion if my game, as it is, should be working. Also, the dollar(U.S.) sign means that I am in the USA.

No; it's impossible. If you don't want to buy it then you will just have to contact Steam to get a refund.

Just like DBtotalwar said. You have to have A House Divided expansion to play HoD. There is no way around this. If you don't want to buy the previous expansion you may be able to get a refund for Steam.

Yes

I will have a look to see if Steam ran out of keys. Does anyone else have this problem?

I think I have a slightly different problem. I bought the game (Vic2 + AHD + HoD) at shop.paradoxplaza.com, but I only received the keys for Vic2 and HoD. On the order information under AHD it just says "Processing serial number or unlock code." in lieu of a serial number.

I went ahead and installed Vic2+HoD, but nothing happens after I click "Start Victoria 2" on the startup screen.

From the confirmation email:

Product SKU: VICTORIA2
Product Name: Victoria II
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00
Shipment Tracking Numbers:
Digital Rights: [deleted by me]

Product SKU: VICT2AHDI
Product Name: Victoria II: A House Divided
Amount: $2.50

Product SKU: VICT2AHOD
Product Name: Victoria II: A Heart of Darkness
Amount: $19.99
Digital Rights: [deleted by me]

Please make these available for Macs!

(Unsure if this is allowed to bring back an old old thread, but it seemed the right place)

Can you obtain a copy of Heart of Darkness NOT via Steam anymore? I play Victoria 2 + AHD (bought the CD gold edition I believe) on an old Windows XP laptop with no internet connection at all. My aversion to Steam also is part of this.

I'm wondering if HoD is worth getting but first is the question of whether I actually CAN buy it. Is it still for sale as a digitial download anywhere (I can download things - I have internet on my desktop and many, many pen drives - but no internet on my laptop)?