• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pellaken

TheNewTeddy
109 Badges
Mar 24, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Sengoku
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Prison Architect
I decided to pre-order from the webshop
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/shop
and upon purchase, it told me:
To activate your game code you must enter it into your Steam Client. If you don't already have Steam installed on your computer please visit http://store.steampowered.com/about/ to download and install the application.

Once installed, open and login to the Steam Application.
In the bottom left hand corner of the program you will see "ADD A GAME"
Click "ADD A GAME” and then "Activate a product on Steam"
Follow the on screen instructions and enter the code provided on this page when prompted.
Which leads me to believe that if you want a steam pre-order, you must get it though the webshop.

Hmm, through the webshop do you also receive Victoria I Complete ?

A warning: do not activate your games!!! It will download something and then freeze you out of the game - likely until the 16th. >.< uugh

A warning: do not activate your games!!! It will download something and then freeze you out of the game - likely until the 16th. >.< uugh

Ok... but Victoria I is still okay?

Ok thanks

Yup, it automatically downloads many of the HoD files, and then chokes on some bad code or something. At least we'll know Steam has no excuse for being late this time.

Bought it from the webshop :D

Yup, it automatically downloads many of the HoD files, and then chokes on some bad code or something. At least we'll know Steam has no excuse for being late this time.
I thought that's what it was (HoD files that are not supposed to be released) the EXE however seems to not get updated; which I suspect is why it crashes, the EXE can not handle the new events (IE Newspapers, Crisis, etc)

Yes, there is also Vicky 1 - not that this is relevant, since for everyone that already own it it's useless.
But, since the webshop charges 15£, I'll go for it, it's less than 20€!

Another warning for those who missed it: DO NOT FOLLOW THE ON-SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS! Activating your game will make it no longer work.

Hi guys! We are aware of this issue and we are looking into it. In the meantime, do not activate HoD if you got the key, or you will end up like the poor fellows in here :/

If you verify and repair your install on steam it should now work as before even if you had activated the code (if verify doesnt work try a reinstall, but it shouldnt be needed). Still, we have yet to sort out the issue with the codes, so anyone who hasnt activated yet, dont do it until you hear more from us here just in case it creates a problem.

Sorry about the mess!

Thank you for fixing our games!

I'd de-installed yesterday in prep for a fix that would require a re-install. Re-installing works perfectly!