• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Hi!

Here is some statistics from december from people who played CK2 and had opted in to send statistics.

81,5% - No mods
8,5% - CK2+
7,1% - Game of Thrones
2,9% - other mods

I'd be one of the "other mods", I used to use the "Nerf Fatimids" mod before the latest patch made it incompatible. Other than that one I don't care for mods and I HATE CK2+.

I'd be one of the "other mods", I used to use the "Nerf Fatimids" mod before the latest patch made it incompatible. Other than that one I don't care for mods and I HATE CK2+.

How so? It sure nerfs the Fatimids, and pretty much everything else too infact...
I only really play it because I can't stand vanilla events aka "Do you pick the good or the bad option?"

So I'm the 8,5% :)

81,5% - No mods? Must be so boring.

Most people tend to not know/care about communities in games - so I'm guessing at least half of those ~80% have never even looked at a mod :mellow:

Too hardcore? :rolleyes:

It's events are mostly just annoying and tedious and I don't like the visual changes. Forgive us for not all playing the game exactly as you CK2+ people like it.

Mods are a hit and a miss for me. For every one feature I like added to the mod, there are two I dislike. Where as with the vanilla game, I like it all besides the Mongols revoking 90% of the land they conquer in favor of Mongol courtiers. Although I am hopeful that will change in the near future. :happy:

Steam... Can't you boycott it Paradox?

What's wrong with DLing the game, and then just forget Steam and play like usual?

Edit: Oh, and I'm quite certain that Paradox wouldn't limit old-school modding just because we get Steam Workshop. It's all a nifty feature you don't really have to use, right?