• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
99% of all mods ever made are half-assed, unfinished and most of the time not really thought thru. in other words they are most of the time just bad and 81,5% of the players know this.
I totally agree. It's entirely evident that every single person that plays ck2 posts on paradox forums and therefore has actually seen the modding boards :rolleyes:

Why do you have to have all vassals be at certain level of relations with you to change some laws? Why should a ruller care about 1-2 weak idiots that hold some grudge. If most of my vassals support change, i should have the ability to ram the laws even if there is minor opposition, and opposition can try to leave the kingdom, to hell or to heaven, as far as i care.

That does sound like a good idea, if you pin it with a few down bringings, like the people who hated you get another -20 or something modifier, as well as any of your vassals with the just trait.

Now, to not make this whole post off topic, what about Lux?

I really like Lux. The only problem I have is that they have so many unnecessary building levels that add incremental bonuses. I really only want to build the ones that are required for other buildings and not the levels in between. I would say they could do with about half the levels for things like scribes control and temples. Most of the military ones are okay. The farm ones could lose a few levels.

I would do a complete overhaul for a personal mod if I weren't so busy with my own project. Paradox only charged me 10$ for the complete set of content, but they stole 200 hours of my life I could have spent on something productive.

Paradox, you are bad and you should feel bad.
/trout slap

I really like Lux. The only problem I have is that they have so many unnecessary building levels that add incremental bonuses. I really only want to build the ones that are required for other buildings and not the levels in between. I would say they could do with about half the levels for things like scribes control and temples. Most of the military ones are okay. The farm ones could lose a few levels.
the original mod author's design was based on "building up" the holding from provincial nothingness into a feudalistic place, so it's less incremental bonus and more "filler posting as role-playing" :p

the original mod author's design was based on "building up" the holding from provincial nothingness into a feudalistic place, so it's less incremental bonus and more "filler posting as role-playing" :p

I get that part, that's why I said only drop about half the levels. I would be fine with doubling the costs and the build time for each remaining level. And the name are annoyingly generic. If it was RP stuff it should have more flavor.

Also the bonuses counteract each other, like you get one with a tiny tax raise and then the very next thing nerfs that tax boost and more. Same with garrison and levy boosts. It would make sense with disconnected chains. One for garrison and levy and one for taxes and so forth but it doesn't work like that.

Also the values need to be equivalent to what you get for conquering more land. Even with my small changes like 3 levels of great administrator and my ruler designer abused stewardship stats conquering more land was almost always more useful than buffing a holding. If it weren't for the build speed boosts I had it would be even worse.

I mean with everything set to duchies war isn't even good. You are lucky if you can grab 3 counties for a holy war costing hundreds of prestige and piety and that's still better than leveling holdings. I max leveled my capital for lulz and I did get some value from the retinue bonuses but otherwise its pretty meh.

Well once shouldn't expect more than accidental brilliance from a mod I guess.

I get that part, that's why I said only drop about half the levels. I would be fine with doubling the costs and the build time for each remaining level. And the name are annoyingly generic. If it was RP stuff it should have more flavor.

Also the bonuses counteract each other, like you get one with a tiny tax raise and then the very next thing nerfs that tax boost and more. Same with garrison and levy boosts. It would make sense with disconnected chains. One for garrison and levy and one for taxes and so forth but it doesn't work like that.

Also the values need to be equivalent to what you get for conquering more land. Even with my small changes like 3 levels of great administrator and my ruler designer abused stewardship stats conquering more land was almost always more useful than buffing a holding. If it weren't for the build speed boosts I had it would be even worse.

I mean with everything set to duchies war isn't even good. You are lucky if you can grab 3 counties for a holy war costing hundreds of prestige and piety and that's still better than leveling holdings. I max leveled my capital for lulz and I did get some value from the retinue bonuses but otherwise its pretty meh.

Well once shouldn't expect more than accidental brilliance from a mod I guess.
I won't argue with the naming scheme, since it does tend towards stretching the limit ("Incipient Administration? what?).
In any case, I think Shaytana's main intention in adding tons of buildings is to make late-game play viable, ie. prevent all buildings from being built early with enough money as with vanilla, aside from flavour of course. Events that trigger with each building chain completion would be nice I agree (though slightly low on priority of course since there is a lot to improve on besides that).
As for bonuses and maluses, most of the buildings with maluses are those that add military power (I'm guessing it's to represent upkeep), while the tiny-incremental tax bonuses mostly represent a "backstage" gradual buildup of both governmental and economic infrastructure. I considered reducing the levels to five each myself (I somehow ended up overhauling them for the mod), but discarded the idea after seeing how much work it would entail (and besides, having 7 levels of administration build-up that take a year each is better than 2 levels that take 3 and a half years each since it allows some degree of flexibility in the part of the AI and player [basically baby steps]).
As for upgrading the demesne vs conquering land, I kinda have to agree with you on that. Though lately, I've been trying to balance things such that expanding horizontally (ie. conquering) is not as profitable as expanding vertically (ie. demesne improvement), as Shaytana intended. Of course, it's a vanilla issue anyway, since there isn't a direct way of making the AI prefer turtling.
In any case, your feedback is appreciated since it's any feedback is a good reference for balancing (I did say that I ended up balancing the building system). Of course, it'll be better if you could try out more recent versions and post it directly on the LI forum instead, so that we could notice them and note them better.
(btw ... you ... wouldn't mind testing out the more recent module I've made right? Criticism is always valued[sub] ... at least I do, but I'm a masochist[/sub] :laugh:)

You wish I could test your module :p

No seriously, the game I am currently playing, with mongols re added because I'm untouchable and they will have much better power with nothing but duchies to smash, is probably my last. Even if you consider that I played 12 hours a day for my 200 hours, I've spent way too much time on this game. I was supposed to have a series of units and buildings added to my game's demo faction, so players could see its advancements over other forks/versions, out like two weeks ago. "But CK2 is so awesome" is not going to cut it as an excuse for why I'm 2 weeks behind.

Note that one way to have improving vertically be valuable is to have a good capital and stack the merc integration upgrades. Then you can abuse your council steward because the build speed and econ tech buffs, and the military tech buff to, will ratchet up tech super fast. Each 6 or 7 space capital is worth like 15000 retinue. With a decent sized demense focus on just a few castle stack counties you become effective invincible.

Many of these mods have some kind of "Gender Equality" feature.

No thanks....

You are able to turn that off tho, atleast in Ck2+

Well I am one of the poor suckers stuck at the low end of tech specs and though I loved Prince and the Thane, after 100 years it just started to crawl.

I have stuck with Vanilla since, though it has issues, most of the time they are small enough that I can ignore them.

Quick question re. the survey: if I start the game directly rather than via steam, will Pdox still get my results? IIRC, I signed up for the survey one time when I opened the game through Steam, but I rarely do that.

Its not Steam sending the data, its the game.

Will stats like this be released for January?

Well I suppose there is no harm in asking, but do you think they will be substantially different?

The fact is CK2 is a great game, and is great in vanilla. Any mods, like CK2+ are awesome but i do not feel the need to abandon the vanilla. I belive with many people think so. But in future i will certainly play with mods.