• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear that Salzburg is using this coup.to further his ow ends.

By the authority entrusted with me, as member of the Emergency council, I issue a warant for his arrest and relieve him of all his duties.

In light of this I recall the Carniolan Militia, who will retake their posts at the Carniolan border. Due to the current crisis and the lack of clear leadership, they are to maintain their positions until I order otherwise - This does not change my view on the coup, I still support the Generals.

((Never drink and forum folks. I just read through this mess and it seems I was on the forums last night following the Superbowl. I apologize to everyone for my bad decisions (such as abdicating, deleting the abdication, than killing off my character.

I ask that the GM reset the clock to prior the Superbowl (6pm EST). I know this wont get through, but I feel bad for everyone in doing what I did))

((Nah, the government collapse made it all more interesting. Will the loyalist armies accept the coup due to the lack of a government, or still try to reinstall democracy??))

I will revoke that order should you consent to standing down as austrian chancellor. But remain as security minister.

I want something, security minister seems a little down played don't you think? Do i still retain me speaker of the council position? You did promise me vogel would be removed. So I don't think I can trust you so easily, but I will accept adding the position of minster of finance to my title.

((Never drink and forum folks. I just read through this mess and it seems I was on the forums last night following the Superbowl. I apologize to everyone for my bad decisions (such as abdicating, deleting the abdication, than killing off my character.

I ask that the GM reset the clock to prior the Superbowl (6pm EST). I know this wont get through, but I feel bad for everyone in doing what I did))

((Not opposed to this, though how we'd re-establish the status quo is beyond me. I guess we'd use Gloa's super-summarizing capabilities?))

((Nah, the government collapse made it all more interesting. Will the loyalist armies accept the coup due to the lack of a government, or still try to reinstall democracy??))
((Fun as it is, still destroys the federation (no help from you) and makes me feel like I ruined the game for a lot of people))

((I forgot about the NPCs! And mobilization. God damn it. If I kept my cool, I would have killed every single one of you little useless people. I am not happy right now))

((Yeah, there were quiet a few more options that the ones the de jure government took...ah well. If we carry on from here I think it'll be quite interesting.))

I want something, security minister seems a little down played don't you think? Do i still retain me speaker of the council position? You did promise me vogel would be removed. So I don't think I can trust you so easily, but I will accept adding the position of minster of finance to my title.

Vogel raises an eyebrow in Masaryk's general direction

I would remind the General that Frederick von Salzburg holds no position of influence in any capacity save as a Deputy of the National Assembly. He is not in any way essential to this effort, nor is accepting his increasingly-outrageous demands. A cell is waiting for him.

((We'll wait for GM ruling. I'm really quite embarrassed. If the current time line goes through, Codrinaru just had too much Molson following American sports))

Vogel raises an eyebrow in Masaryk's general direction

I would remind the General that Frederick von Salzburg holds no position of influence in any capacity save as a Deputy of the National Assembly. He is not in any way essential to this effort, nor is accepting his increasingly-outrageous demands. A cell is waiting for him.

The federal assembly is gone erich vogel, I am still the minister of security and I declare that our true enemy is in hungary. Not me, you though only stepped onto the boat when it was clear that we were going to win, I risked my life for this movement since the beginning!

Mr Salzburg now has the power to establish a 3 man supreme court to charge Kraus.

He does this in his capacity as Prosecutor-General.

The three members of the Emergency council shall now be reffered to as Marshals.

A telegraph arrives from carniola.

Gentlemen! We are in a crisis, be we must keep our heads. Let us act rationally, not slaughter or imprison men without care or reason.

((My my, things are getting interesting. Drinking is clearly the problem! Unless of course you are Australian, in which case it is a celebrated past-time! :p))

Kraus watches the debate swing back and forth, from his seat. He laughs and claps his chained hands

So Salzburg is not trusted by his own allies, Vogel clashes with the Marshals, and the Federation spirals into chaos. Bravo General Masaryk, you truly have brought stability to the Federation like you promised!

~ Victor Kraus, GCM, Prisioner of the Military Junta

Last edited:
((Fun as it is, still destroys the federation (no help from you) and makes me feel like I ruined the game for a lot of people))
((Not your fault mate. Half our army is in the coup, the other half is either unaware of what's happening or actually also revolting as part of Hungary going independant. We also happen to be in a war against the Ottomans. Honestly, even with mobilization, I think we were done the moment Hungary declared independance.

If anybody's wondering what's going on with Papp, I assume he's currently residing at the Hofburg trying to make sense of what just happened. Probably a lot of crying involved.))

Alfonz Aljaz after returning from the anarchy of the capital with barely his life, climbed onto a platform hastily constructed on the streets of Ljubljana, he held up a document he had written on the train which he saw as the only chance of averting bloodshed in his beloved nation. The crowds went silent as he read aloud:

Declaration of the South Slavs

The Danubian Federation has quite clearly failed. It is now that we must escape the bloodshed and the tyranny that this failed Republic has fallen into. We want not war, but peace. We want not dictatorship, but democracy. We want not this Federation, but independence. The Federation while built on high ideals has become since its inception a house of infighting and individual irredentism, the home of Austrian reactionaries and Venetian imperialism, Hungarian oppression of our Slovak brothers, it is not the place where us South Slavs belong. We belong united and in peace .

Thus I, and anyone who signs this charter, hereby declare the independence of the State of the South Slavs. Composed of and claiming the Danubian States of Carniola and Croatia, liberated Bosnia and the independent Serb Kingdom and the Venetian holding of Trieste.

I invite and humbly beg my fellow Slovenes, Croatians and Serbs to sign this charter for together we shall build for ourselves a new and free state.

- Alfonz Aljaz, Minister of the Treasury

Great cheers roared out and many in the crowd clamoured to sign this new document, soon copies would be printed and distributed all over the south slavic lands.

Last edited:
((I guess were doing this timeline then. Well, Ion was fun while he lasted))

A fresh young face enters the Hofburg, uncaring of the screaming Germans, the clapping prisoner, or the crying Croat in the corner. He steps up to the podiuma and addresses the slightly shocked crowd

"Members of the Provisional Military Junta, Austrian State, the country of insanity amongst others, wee forget what is happening. My name is Andrei Ivonaescu Popa, and I am the new Councilor for Transylvania, replacing the now deceased Ion Horsa Codrinaru. Now, as we are currently in chaos, with the Hofburg a madhouse, I will address the issues at hand, as they are currently being ignored.

Firstly, we seem to have a secession from the Federation. I recommend to the Marshals that it is dealt fortwith, before the Hungarians get any ideas that they can rule themselves as a seperate entity from the Federation.

Secondly, we are at war with the Ottoman Sultan, and the principalities of Moldova and Wallachia. I also recommend to the Marshals that this war be quickly and firmly put to an end. We need not war in a time like this,

Thirdly, I request that Victor Kraus be released. He is obviously in no control and is not copable to the previous administration in the slightest, as he was out of the country for most of it.

Forthly, I present the following bills to be voted on by what is left of the Federal Council. We have a job to do gentlemen, and I will not let such little things like war, anarchy, or tyranny get in the way of successfully running this country.

The Cleaning of the Hofburg
A) The bodies of the various dead Council members and guards shall be removed and properly buried in state funerals
B) The Hofburg will be repaired and cleaned by members of the Presidential Guard, as they seem to be out of the job now

The Stablization of the Federation Act
A) The Country of Hungary is declared an illegal entity. It will be re-admitted to the Federation forthwith.
B) The Armed forces not currently dealing with policing in the provinces and Hungary will quickly put down the troops of the Sultanate of Turkey.
C) Upon the annexation of Moldova and Wallachia, they will placed under Transylvanian administration until such time that peace has settled and a proper referendum can be held
D) Upon the annexation of Bosnia, it will placed under Croatian administration until such time that peace has settled and a proper referendum can be held
E) Upon the annexation of Albania, it will be placed under Junta administration until such time that peace has settled and a proper referendum can be held
F) A body of three (3) councillors shall work with the Marshals of the Federation to create a plan for democratic transition

The Federal Slovakian Act
A) The area of Slovakia, also known as Northern Hungary, shall enter the Federation as the newest state of the union
B) The councillors of Slovakia will be taken from the state of Hungary

The Pacification of Hungary Act
A) The State of Hungary shall be placed under direct military control until it is deemed safe for free democratic elections for councillors
B) The State of Hungary shall lose it's "favoured" status within the union, and be demoted to two (2) councillors
C) The Hungarian League and all of it's members, notably it's leader Count Bethlen, shall be tried by a military tribunal upon capture

The Pacification of Croatia Act
A) The state of Croatia will pacified through the use of police and the military
B) Alfonz Aljaz and all signers to the "Slavia Document" shall be tried before a military tribunal
C) Following the arrest to the "Slavia" leaders, the state of Croatia shall be restored

I am sorry to be brisk, but anarchy and internecine warfare is no way to run a country. We shouldn't devolve to animals just because we can.

Thank you"

Andrei steps away from the podium and sits in the chair marked "Transylvania" to a quite shocked Federal Council Chambers

((I thought I had some good one-liners here))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.