• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Belgiumruler

Comrade Belgie
95 Badges
Aug 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Tales of Sun Tzu

Version: TFH 4.01
Difficulty: Normal CGM

I gonna try a History Book style AAR, It will based on the art of war from Sun Tzu.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State.
It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.

Xinhai Revolution:

1911 was a Difficult but Glory rich year for China. Revolutions happened in the country against the Empiror Pu Yi. In October the revolutions reached his most glorious point and the Repbublic Of China was formed in january 1912. Many Warlords declared themselves indepent from the new republic. The biggest ones are: Yunnan Clique, Ma clique, Shanxi clique and Guanxi Clique. During the revolution a young warrior called Hung Wa proved himself In many Battles. He was fascinated by Sun Tzu and his book the Art of War. In 1915 he wanted to go to France to fight but he was to young. ( he was 16 at that moment) In 1917 he volunteered for the Army and he was accepted by the Cavalry. He learned much their and was disappointed by the state of the army. In 1918 he was promoted to the rank of Corporal and in 1920 he was already a Captain. During the same year he writed a book about the state of the Army. High command wanted to let him execute because he writer in that book that the generals never fighted before and buyed their positions with Money. But the commander of his military Discrit sended him to the government to Tell his ideas. The government promoted him to Major because they believe he was a military genius. He become the man who planned everything for the Army. 2/3 of the generals are executed by his hand. The small Nation turned into a big Industrial Power by 1936. In 1935 he was promoted to General.

Last edited:
Just finished listening to Art of War last night. Let's see how well you can apply his principles.

Chapter I:

1) the industrialisation:

Hostile Armies may face each other for years, striving for a victory which is decided in a single day. This being so, to remain in ignorance of the enemy's condition simply because one grudges the outlay of a hundred ounces of silver in honors and emoluments, is the height of inhumanity.

The Technology was up to date at the start of the New Year, only a few techs of Weapons not. The armies militia was disbanded and the garrisons upgraded to real Soldiers . The Cavalry regiments are equipped with the finest Weapons, such as flametrowers and Trucks who can lay bridges and Mines. This new type of Units are called engineers. The standard division was 3 INF Brigades and 1 ENG brigade. "This is the best combination in the lands of the east", says Hung Wa,"Our armies will not be stopped by rivers, Jungles and Bad Infrastructure." The army in January 1936 exist out of 3 Divisions of that combination.
images

Hung Wa

hoi3373.png

hoi3372.png

hoi3371.png

Production of 6 new inf Divisions is ordered by Hung Wa in February, the reason for this was that the existing army can't make a stand against the Chinese Army. Hu Hanmin Dies on the 4th of July, this is the beginning of a series of border Incidents.

2) Border Incidents
In battle, there are not more than two methods of attack--the direct and the indirect; Yet these two in combination give rise to an endless series of maneuvers.

After the dead of Hu Hanmin 50 Chinese soldiers crossed the border With Guanxi Clique and begin to march to the Capital. On the moment they are deep into Guanxi territory Guanxi engineers in Jeeps Attacked them and every men was killed by the bullets of the machine guns. The reaction of China is that 12.000 soldiers moved to the Guanxi Border. Hung Wa ordered 36.000 new men to move to the border, many will follow.
images

Chinese soldiers in Guanxi

3) The Tabei treaty:
Camp in high places, facing the sun. Do not climb heights in order to fight. So much for mountain Warfare.
Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory you gain you will also suffer in defeat. if you now neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

On the 15 of august 1937, leaders from Japan, Guanxi Clique, Manchuoko, Yunnan, Xibei san Ma and Tibet signed the Tabei treaty in Tabei. The Rules of the treaty:
1) During the Campaign against Nationalist China, nobody attack a nation who is attacking.
2) Every Body can attack China, but nobody is responsible for the fate of another Nation.
3) Every nation need to Cancel all the trades with China.
And on the 16 of August Soldiers from Japan and Guanxi attacked the unprepared China. Guanxi attacked with 15 divisions of 12.000 men. the chinese border units are destroyed by several encirclement and entire armies are captured.
hoi3374.png

images

hoi3375l.png

China falls on the 8th of October because the Guanxi Clique spies lowered their NU to 50, The Northern Cities are captured by Japan and the southern by Guanxi.

Sorry for the delay of this update, but i hope you liked it, please let me now what you think about it!

China falls on the 8th of October because the Guanxi Clique spies lowered their NU to 50, The Northern Cities are captured by Japan and the southern by Guanxi.

LOL, I hope you won´t stop here! :D Also more screenshots would come in handy :)

Looks interestng, I foresee a new world power arising in the far east...

Next week is my last week school and after that i got 2 Weeks holiday. So you can expect many updates soon and thanks to all who are reading this AAR!!

Chapter II

1) The war of unification

When the common soldiers are too strong and their officers too weak, the result is insubordination. When the officers are too strong and the common soldiers too weak, the result is collapse.

After the fall of China, everybody now that Guanxi Clique will continue their expansion. there are rumours that the Guanxi Clique will not rest before China is united under one Banner. and on the 21 of December 1937 a declaration of war is delivered at the Dalai Lama of Tibet. The Guanxi soldiers invaded the next day and defeated the small army very fast, but the Tibetan Army will fight long and the march to their capital will take weeks. Tibet is annexed after a slow war.
hoi3376.png

images

Tibetan militia

In Europe Germany annexed Austria, this is good news for Guanxi because the eyes of the world are now looking at Germany.
hoi3377.png

on the 24 of march 1938 Guanxi forces crossed the border with Xibei Xan Ma, the Ma clique is enemy number one of Guanxi because they supported China and violated the Tabei treaty. The war is also slow But Ma clique surrender because the people supported Guanxi and a declaration of war is send to Sinkiang. 10 days after the declaration they joined the Comitern. Also 3 light Cruiser entered production.
hoi3378.png

Shortly after the production of the 5 CL starts, the first 5 transport flotillas are ready. The Guanxi Navy is formed. And on the 9th of January 1939 Sinkiang finally surrender but their government fly in exile in Moscow. the war was slow but luckily without intervention of Soviet forces.
hoi3379.png

2) Naval Power
Hence the saying: if you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you now heaven and know earth, you may make your victory complete.

In April a heavy Cruiser entered Production together with 50.000 marines. the world was shocked by the news that Australia is at war with Guanxi. But a month later War is in Europe, Australia joined the allies but they don't declare war on Guanxi because the war in Europe. On the 9th of October the light Cruiser 'admiral Peter Hoi' is ready. The people of Guanxi are so proud on their navy that that day become the national day. 1 day later the 'admiral Superjames' and the 'Admiral Feye' are leaving the harbour for the first time.
hoi3380.png

hoi3382.png

After a long delay Guanxi marines landed in New-Guinea.
images

hoi3383.png

Many Australian Islands fall into the hands of Guanxi clique, the world doen't see the tread and is thinking that an invasion of the Homeland of Australia will be impossible.
hoi3384.png

But they are wrong, Sydney is taken by Guanxi on the 7th of January 1940. Britain and France now it is to late to win a war, Guanxi is becoming a Major power, but a long way is still to go. On the 29 of June 1940 Australia is annexed, the world is in shock.
hoi3386.png

Later the CA admiral Ikarases is ready.
hoi3388.png

Please tell me if you like it and feel free to ask things!

Great update.

You are planning to go at war with the Axis, Comintern or the Allies?
Axis, comitern will cost me to much MP, supplies and resources and allies are necessary for defeating Germany.

I suggest starting to build two more light cruisers, and a battleship. Make sure the battleship is the third to finish, though, and make it your only battleship for years to come ;). Anyway; look at all that land, and look at the complete lack of IC.... I guess you've got 57 IC on an area the size of Canada...

I suggest starting to build two more light cruisers, and a battleship. Make sure the battleship is the third to finish, though, and make it your only battleship for years to come ;). Anyway; look at all that land, and look at the complete lack of IC.... I guess you've got 57 IC on an area the size of Canada...
I dont gonna Build a BB because my LS is also limited and i cant afford me building and resaerching that, i gonna use CA And CL.a New CA is almost ready and it Will be yours general!!

Canada would be jealous!

I got a little problem, my mother installed a ***** program called Child Control. She has installed the timer on 01:30 daily limit and in the weekends and holidays on 03:00, if the timer expired the PC shut down. I can't delete it because every file is protected by a Password, if anybody have an idea please let me now it.