• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sleight of Hand

retired modder
On Probation
14 Badges
Feb 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
Doomdark just said the next DLC "will be surprising to some people... not really a big one, but something fun... the one after that will be a big one"

Zoroastrianism, right?

And he just confirmed the Greek portrait pack as being Southern European in general, not just Byzantine. It's not ready yet and was actually only shown by mistake.

(I thought this information would be useful for those who aren't following the podcast).

He said that the Southern European portrait pack should be out "before too long" and the big DLC should be out "before Christmas."

I haven't even had a chance to play the LoR DLC yet and already there are threads about the next DLC?

Internet, you move too fast for me. :)

So assuming that the big DLC is released sometime around Xmas, does that imply that the smaller DLC will have to be released sometime in November?

I suppose we can start speculating now.

Zoroastrianism, right?

That'd be fun.

Zoroastrianism would indeed be a surprise considering the game has no playable Zoroastrian characters, as far as I know.

Maybe it'll be the Celtic empire DLC! The heart of King Arthur lives on forever in sons and daughters of Prydain!

I bet it'll be about Zoroastianism and be called Parsi kings: Call of Zarathustra
I suggested In the Shadow of Cyrus earlier, but it does seem a fun and pretty small (cheap) DLC to do, and it fits his description. He mentioned a Republic / Theocracy DLC in the live stream and suggested that the ability for Catholics to mend the Great Schism would likely be part of that, so that could be the next big DLC, or perhaps the one after that.

Although we'd need an earlier start date for that, since there is really no Zoroastrian characters in 1066.
Exactly. Expanding Zoroastrianism just wouldn't make any sense in this game. They'd have to pull the start date back to the 8th century for there to even be Zoroastrian nobles.
If they do Zoroastrianism, it would have to be an alternative scenario, set earlier and played separately from the rest of CKII

Exactly. Expanding Zoroastrianism just wouldn't make any sense in this game. They'd have to pull the start date back to the 8th century for there to even be Zoroastrian nobles.
If they do Zoroastrianism, it would have to be an alternative scenario, set earlier and played separately from the rest of CKII
Or they could just let Persian Muslims convert to Zoroastrian under certain conditions. :D

I bet it'll be about Zoroastianism and be called Parsi kings: Call of Zarathustra
The Parsis proper are an ethnic group in India. The map would have to be a lot bigger than it is, and would have to include the Indian subcontinent and Afghanistan. As well as a bunch of other local religions.
And I don't believe any of them have ever been kings

I demand a beard dlc.

Orthodox Bishops should always have beards, as they were traditionally past the 5th century chosen from the monastics and the monastics of the East always had beards by traditions, so the Bishops also did