Today (Friday) We reveal Project Truman!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
This Friday the 10th of August at 4pm CEST/10am EDT/7am PDT will henceforth be remembered as the moment you all went from speculation to revelation :) Tune into our Twitch TV channel http://www.twitchtv.com/paradoxinteractive to find out what Project Truman is all about...

Kind regards
Susana

PS: Subscribe and get an e-mail alert when we go live!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready for EU4. PI's recent titles have been fantastic, but I'm more excited to see what they can do with a new engine which suceeds Clauswitz. Rome desperately needs a sequel, but I think I need EU4 more than any other game right now. Let's see what happens tomorrow! :)

Considering I only discovered the Paradox lineup of games 3 months ago, I can't believe how excited I am for this. Hoping for Rome 2 but pretty sure I'll buy it regardless.

I somehow don't think this will be a sequel.

In that case there can only be a Dark Ages or Alexander game, since WW1 is out and the rest is covered in already published games or upcoming games... I would LOVE a Dark Ages game...*drool*

But I wouldn't say no thanks to a sequel either. Preferably with a new engine so my multicore rig can be used properly.

In that case there can only be a Dark Ages or Alexander game, since WW1 is out and the rest is covered in already published games or upcoming games... I would LOVE a Dark Ages game...*drool* But I wouldn't say no thanks to a sequel either. Preferably with a new engine so my multicore rig can be used properly.

One of the hints kind of made it clear that exploration is a theme in the new game, yes? Doesn't sound like the dark ages to me. Hmm.

@>&~! I'm going to miss this!

Maybe you mods should form a union and demand to get access to this info in advance! :p

The game is not fun if you can't post "It isn't Rome 2" as a hint because it wouldn't be true. We kinda ruined it by expecting, wanting and demanding R2 too much.

I still don't know if it will be Rome 2 or EU IV. I also don't know which I'd rather it be. The mainline EU series is my favorite PDS series, and I'd love to see PDS 2012 give a brand new approach to the series, especially after seeing what they did with CK2. Also, Rome is probably my least favorite of PDS's games. On the other hand, I'd be very curious to see them try Rome again after their success with CK2 and such. CK1 was definitely among their weaker releases, so maybe Rome 2 could show Rome's potential the way CK2 did CK's. I'd also be a little worried about EU IV. IMO, it took two or three expansions before EU III became unambiguously better than EU II, and I'd hate to see EU IV look relatively light by comparison to EUIII+4.

At the end of the day, I guess I'd be (a lot) more excited about an EU4 announcement than Rome 2, but Rome 2 might end up making be happier in the long-run. I mean, CK2 completely pulled off what CK1 failed to do, and I never really experienced a game like it before.

Wow, you guys (i.e. Paradox) gave up fast once everyone realised it's going to be Rome 2.