• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am currently having both the OIL & Supplies get hit in the first month, right after autosave, with a HUGE over stockpile modifier, -97K each, the MISC.txt file shows a stockpile limit of 2, neither were over 500 each, ?????

Currently using newest version as GER

barbarosa happened sov got 380 or so divs ( without the hotfix but with dr bob ai) I found all their units of 1939 level could not penetrate at all :( even with 4 or 5 pz div attacking one province put 7 more inf div managed to get trough but got counter attacked and pushed back could not get out of poland

does the hotfix make sure the sov does not update thier units much and spam lower tiered units?

Hey, I am a longtime DH player, mainly AAR mod these days. I have also played WIF back in the day but lag ended up being a serious turn off for me to keep going... I basically enjoy playing regional/small countries and the aggressive AI in this mod is simply amazing! I am playing a game with Italy and have reached 1942, and when the US joined the war I was very close to losing land battles in Italy for the first year... I have stabilised the front through naval planes and interceptors, but lost 3 of my 4 CVs... Unfortunately, Eastern Front looks like a stalemate so I am waiting for the USSR to steamroll their way through Europe and annihilate me gradually... As per ifail above, Germany never looked close to making headway on the Eastern Front and got as far as Mozyr, while on the southern front never made it past one or two provinces into USSR from Romania... In the north the attack stopped at Riga/Tallinn...

But overall, a fantastic mod.. Now to fine tune the AI to recognise that gaining air superiority is a must before launching naval invasions... And then supporting their naval invasions with a powerful fleet would be just perfect.

One question, I have always wanted to play a game with Brazil, where I join the Axis, the Axis gets crushed and then face the almighty assault of USA and the Allies, as I launch defensive warfare to protect my borders... The aggressive AI in this mod could make it work. Do you think they would launch such attacks on a country like Brazil or has it been "tailor coded" to fight on the European front and in Japan only? If so, this gives me idea of also playing with Australia in case of a strong Axis and Japan, and attempt to ward off Japanese attacks on Australia... This is what I have always dreamed of doing with DH and thanks to you, I am one step closer in doing so.

Got the latest version with Bob's files running, no more probs.
Gotta say though, as Germany you get spammed with new, mostly trivial, events that alter dissent by +1 or -1. In 1937 I had a wave of -1 dissent events. At that stage you won't need the dissent reduction anyways, so it becomes a pure flavour event. While I endorse some of them (like Hitler's Berghof), many are just so not interesting and simply interrupted the game flow. I can't even remember what events that were, that's how interesting they were.
I would probably reduce the amount of single choice events with little to no impact. Most of us won't just play Germany once. The more often you play a country, the less flavour events do for you. They quickly become a nuisance.
Instead I would rather review those events, delete some of them and think about re-doing others. A multiple choice event is by nature more interesting than single choice.

#Kinder, Küche, Kirche
This event is still pretty bad. It hits you with -2% IC and "compensates" you with +2 manpower. 2 mp are basically nothing. The Nazis were quite efficient at getting wommen to "mass-produce" children. +2 mp for 12 years of mass-production? If it had such little impact, why would IC drop by 2%? Can't you simply give Germany a constant boost to manpower? e.g. increase mp gain in one city. A one-time boost is kinda weird, but if you do a one timer, then at least make it worthwhile, like +100 or something.

Last edited:
...and the file needs to be pasted into WiF2/scenarios/1933

So there are now two sets of data for SOV and ENG in that notepad? Only difference being one is for AI and one not?

Very confusing where to put this hotfix, I'm guessing that I had to open up the WiF2 notepad and paste the hotfix under the existing data there?

Instead I would rather review those events, delete some of them and think about re-doing others. A multiple choice event is by nature more interesting than single choice.
I'm open to suggestions :)

As for the 3Ks, I simply intend to remove the MP boost which does not make any sense anyway as MP represents potential soldiers, not babies.

Hotfix goes to Mods/WIF/scenarios/1933

Hi all,

no idea on why stockpile reductions when starting from a save game.

@ ifail, wow, i have not seen the sov have over 325 divs at start of Barba. i have not played the game with gold version. first game and i'm in 35. I will check sov builds and events.

@ vajizz, play as Australia Japan should invade all over the pacific and may get to Aust. plus USA does not do much in the pacific, although i have written a new event for them. I haven't set any files for invading South America.

I will be setting up a thread soon for the ai update.

Oh, I like all the new events, excellent work Fernando.

Is there a way to prevent Soviets to move their capital to Sevastapol? (Couldn't find the decision anywhere) It is a gamebreaker really since they did it while i had sevastapol surrounded and they just started getting masses of units there and broke trough. Bitter peace fired anyway but think they would have been able to prevent it if AI hadn't moved capital to Sevastapol. Was on hard so was rather dissapointing way to finish it

new game about to do barbarosa with drbob ai and hotfix i cant managed to get romania and bulgaria on my side they have 200 friendliness but I cant seem to click the decision to align them to axis I have not idea how is it due to hundary joiing my quickly with the partition of czech lands?

new game about to do barbarosa with drbob ai and hotfix i cant managed to get romania and bulgaria on my side they have 200 friendliness but I cant seem to click the decision to align them to axis I have not idea how is it due to hundary joiing my quickly with the partition of czech lands?

Have you fulfilled the other requirements as written in the description when you hover the mouse over the "red x"? There is a relation-requirement and you need to station troops in certain provinces.

grr it dosent say when i hover it im not sure what province is needed what event txt does this come from?

9 divisions in a bordering province should be about right. Try that. To be sure, plant 9-stacks in every bordering province with Romania.

Error Report

Hi FT!

There are some errors in the savedebug:

Code:
	Line 50836: 	ERROR : Invalid event style [2v] defined [valid values: 0, 1, 2] in Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\events\Mods.txt, line 9239.
	Line 51167: 	ERROR : Missing command parameter ('when = on_upgrade') for [build_time] command in Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\events\Mods.txt, line ~ 11791.
	Line 51168: 	ERROR : Missing command parameter ('when = on_upgrade') for [build_time] command in Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\events\Mods.txt, line ~ 11794.
	Line 51173: 	ERROR : Missing command parameter ('when = on_upgrade') for [build_time] command in Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\events\Mods.txt, line ~ 11834.
	Line 51174: 	ERROR : Missing command parameter ('when = on_upgrade') for [build_time] command in Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\events\Mods.txt, line ~ 11837.

Also a broken code definition:
Code:
	Line 3025: 	ERROR : Broken code definition for language (4) at tag 9300296desc (716 - config\extra_text.csv)
	Line 3028: 	ERROR : Language (4) has mismatch in entries compatred to English at tag 9300296desc (716 - config\extra_text.csv)

In that line replace in the German section the '%' with 'Prozent'

eeeex

The MR-pact on "normal" still has the -50 relations requirement. IIRC you wanted to get rid of it. I'm again in quite a pickle due to it. July 1939 can't do MR, because of -200 relations with the Soviets. Anyway, I just changed it to -180 :D
wif mr pact.png

This is unfortunate: I blitzed Poland in 3 weeks, yet the campaign is a failure. In the initial decision's description the goal is < 50k casualties, in the result it's < 25k. This condition should be removed entirely due to the probable losses on the Western front caused by the aggressive French a.i.
t4imkdrb95gx.png

And the land fort blitz.
I do have an explanation for that now. My armaments minister is Todt (15% bonus), "Siegfriedline" event (25% bonus), 1940 construction tech (20% bonus). In total it makes for super fast land fort constructions.
v7ifp9ekhyj5.png

Last edited:
manged to start new game again everything went okay spain joined me when i offered morroco but the montiore meeting with the french never is checked in my event folder but i cant click it

about to go barbarosa got romania yugoslavia and Bulgaria axis ( i got spain portugal italy as well doing thier own thing) soviet got around 324 divisions lots of 1939 units (sadly me too)

tried barbarosa bogged down for 2months and cant seem to break one province at all 340 sov divisions with latest tech
looking at land unit speed on build screen it say speed 6 in the map one of my inf no brigades speed is 1.2 then if I put comander and the offensive button only 2.1 kmh @.@

Last edited:
tried barbarosa bogged down for 2months and cant seem to break one province at all 340 sov divisions with latest tech
looking at land unit speed on build screen it say speed 6 in the map one of my inf no brigades speed is 1.2 then if I put comander and the offensive button only 2.1 kmh @.@

You could assume military control of your Balkan Axis cronies and use them in 12-stacks to hold the line while your troops do the offensive ops. I always prepare plans for big pockets. Look for suitable terrain for quick encirclements, amass troops on the breakthrough point(s). I have 3 types of units ready for that. 6-stack Mots (with AC and Eng) are the fastest and thus the spearhead, 3-stack tanks (medium tank, eng) to fill the gaps and 6-12 stack infantry that I always strat-redeploy into the gaps. Never move infantry. If you strat-redeploy them they will fill the gaps very quickly and free up the tanks and mots to mop up the pocket.

The Soviet a.i. unit building logic is unfortunately scripted for maximum efficiency, not historical accuracy.
I always prefer the historical feeling even if it means weaker a.i. because I like to commit historical Hitler blunders myself. Nothing more fun than wasting resources on naval units while still knee deep in Russia.

To simulate the weakness of the Red Army in 1941, I would let the Soviet a.i. build a lot of garrisons. Then in 1942 have the a.i. switch to maximum efficiency. The ton of garrison units would simulate the inability of the Soviet High Command in 1941 to effectively defend in depth, but instead get overrun and encircled in masses.

with lots of garison tho will it be harder to pen trough rite now controling my axxis allies as well most of them are guarding beaches of the atlantic wall and the rest of em are placed in defensive areas where im not going to push trough initially.

does the mod have the annex captured territory like in hoi3 where i could annex slands taken by my romanian allie from the soviet so i could build infra etc?

failed 4 times now loading my game a month be fore barbarosa swtiching untis around i just cant seem to penetrate