[Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1804 EXPLORATORY THREAD

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Current sign up list:

Austria - Mastercheef
Prussia - Suirantes
Ottoman Empire - Dyranum
USA - Frymonmon
Russia - Jacob Lundgren
Bavaria - Spitfire
China - Muskeato
UK - Duke
Thanks. Though some people are a bit unset for sure so feel free to try and talk someone into a different nation if someone is REALLY set on wanting to be someone, mostly I am wanting to make sure anyone that missed irc but has shown interest here is not left out in the cold.

If its ok with you i be United Kingdoms of Denmark & Norway
I also offer aid in writing Press-Like Updates on certain events

Last edited:
I would like Sardinia Piedmont then Spain if nobody minds
If sardinia you will be pretty much just an island until nappie is beaten. You CAN take them but will be bored until the early wars are over.

If sardinia you will be pretty much just an island until nappie is beaten. You CAN take them but will be bored until the early wars are over.

Actually, Spain sounds fun, trying to prevent the breakup of the colonial empire and the such

I wouldn't mind helping GM, but it seems we've already got regional GMs for most locations, map, thread, and so forth. Do you think there's anything else we need?

Most of the major nations are taken already, too, and it's a little too soon for Poland or the Spanish revolutionary wars. Hmmmm...the Italian Republic looks like it could be really active, even if it's not long for the world. It seems that, if that's alright, we'll be working together, Spectre.

The Batavian Republic or the Dutch In the east Indies?

Just to say, there isn't really I can play in this anymore, just won't have the time. Therefore China is free to anyone that wants to see their nation fail and fail again.

Just to say, there isn't really I can play in this anymore, just won't have the time. Therefore China is free to anyone that wants to see their nation fail and fail again.
*ping*
China, here.

I would join as Italy if I knew how to play. Could someone explain it to me?

Simply you assume the role of a country from 1804, and use this thread as an area for diplomatic talks and generally simulating the internal courts of Europe, to talk to other nations. Each turn, you send in orders to the GM who will read them, and roll dice on how well they succeeded or didn't. In turn, the GM will write a long update detailing everything going on in the world for that year.

So I could just say "I, Italy, attack Austria," and whoever roles higher wins?

Er... More or less. Many people would put a bit more into it such as.

1. Attack the Austrian Empire, advancing from City to City, making sure communications are cut so that word of the invasion cannot get out.

Things like that. A lot of strategy has to be put into it as well, as well as certain historical aspects

Er... More or less. Many people would put a bit more into it such as.

1. Attack the Austrian Empire, advancing from City to City, making sure communications are cut so that word of the invasion cannot get out.

Things like that. A lot of strategy has to be put into it as well, as well as certain historical aspects

And troop numbers. Otherwise, you're assuming you're attacking with your entire military, which wouldn't necessarily be a smart move (especially in a multi-front war).

Ohhhhhhh. That sounds great! Can I join as Italy? I might suck, but I'll give it a try. Is it okay if I have never done anything like this before?

AFAIK, there is not really an Italy in 1804. There is a Napoleonic puppet Republic of Italy in Northern Italy though, if I recall correctly.