• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

henryjai

Field Marshal
28 Badges
Dec 22, 2005
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Darkest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
1. Wine don't make money, always foolish to build wine factories

2. Fish on shortage if you raise a huge army as canned food requires huge amount of fish, you can actually get famines by raising a huge army because the army ate all the food. :blink: (this might be an attempt to simulate North Korea)

3. Fishing industry do not need ships as input, guess they swim and catch fish with bare hands :D

4. Too easy to spam hundreds of cruisers and dreadnoughts, IRL, I think over 30 dreadnoughts will bankrupt you.

5. Synthetic oil factories can produce enough oil to satisfy your oil demand, screw oil rigs :eek:hmy:

6. I am surprised by the exceptionally low demand for paper even for a high literacy country

7. Automobiles eat all the rubber on market, at one point if your cappis expand those factories too much they collapse due to lack of rubber :sad:

8. The Chinese don't catch fish, they extract tea from the sea.

9. Brits are not especially obsessed with tea, they drank coffee too.

10. Immigrants swim to your countries, they don't need boats, truly...

11. Level 6 Navy base littered all around the world, naval bases must be cheap to maintain huh

12. Hawaii allows surprisingly few fisherman to fish consider the vast ocean around it, seriously...

13. Australian desert gold mine capacity is insane

14. Your national bank is lending money to other nations that are going to go bankrupt despite you are in a financial crisis with only 50 bucks left and your cappis have nowhere to borrow money from.

15. Bureaucrats and Clerks fly around with planes (and ride automobiles), but they don't travel with steamer boats (see demand)

16. Your officers smoke opium before going into battle, they also never ride on a boat before sailing a navy, no wonder ...

17. slaves are fairies that don't need food to work, more effective than perpetual machines.

18. soldiers consume surprisingly few tobacco, they drank beer instead! (no wonder...)

19. diamonds is metal (more like a chemistry issue)

Last edited:
(first post in the forum, loving this game!)

The conomics in Vic2 puzzle me too, sometimes, especially the fact that (i've only played Brasil so far) pretty fast you find yourself with infinite income. This and what you said:

2. The "Canned Food Industries" shortage of fish puzzled me the first time around, too! C'mon, can't we fish in BRAZIL? The prace is filled with immense rivers and has a ginormous coast, for cryingoutloud...

7. That i find, actually, pretty consistent with history... What i can't get my head around is the incompetence of AI in producing more RGOs insted of rushing to industrialize/craftsmenize a perfectly good RGO state (as happened to me in the Amazon). Well, it's within the objectives of the game - to have a high score is to industrialize - and since almost all have infinite income (except Ottoman Empire, always indebted) there's no reason to go after the rubber RGO income... Or am I losing something?

1. Of course, because everyone knows that only artisans make good wine
2. I blame the vikings
3. See above
6. Digital?
8. What?
9. I think there's a valuable lesson about stereotypes to be learned here :p Now maybe if we could convince them to drink more wine we could solve your first problem.

1. This depends a great deal on when. Say, in the early parts of the game I find wineries to be some of the most profitable investments there is. But the the AI seems to catch on in the later game so the prices plummet and there's an overflow of wine on the market.

2. I have never experienced this, but it might be so that you play as a minor with low prestige. If your prestige is low you will be the last one to buy goods from the world market.

3. Or spears. Never forget the many uses of a good spear!

4. Yep, totally agree on that.

5. Yeah, the synthetic oil factories could do with a nerf to output and a boost to input.

6. Just because people know how to read doesn't mean that they will actually use their knowledge. F.e here in Sweden, a lot of people learned to read in the 1800s but most never read more than the bible and maybe newspapers. Perhaps the game could use some new factory that uses paper.

7. I, too, find it strange that there's such low output of rubber considering how big the demands are. I don't know if the ai:s just incompetant when it comes to managing the pops and different techs/inventions.

backpain-1277406949.jpg

9. The brits like to pretend that they are really sophisticated tea-drinkers when, in fact, they are slobby cofee-drinkers like everyone else.

I'm not a Brit but I'm a really sophisticated tea-drinker huehuehue.

Anyway like others said, problems with input goods might be caused by low prestige/weak Sphere of Influence. Try adding some countries that produce a lot Fish and a lot rubber to your SoI or instead conquer such provinces and let them benefit from your advanced technology. Usually solves most issues for me, UK consumes huge amounts of goods and they are usually 1st place so they get priority before most other nations do. By the time it goes through USA, Prussia, France, Austria, Russia and even China, there's not much left over for minor countries. =/

I think it would be interesting for fish to be collected from coastal sea-zone RGOs, that would operate from POPs on adjacent land. This would allow the mechanic to function more realistically, and allow a land based RGO to exist in the land province.

EDIT: Perhaps with the edition of the Fisherman POP. Also, the RGO would have an efficiency modifer for number of clipper convoy per base output of fish rounded down owned by Aristocrats operating in the RGO.