• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.60 for AoD Open Beta 1

I have made quick new version incorporating changes suggested here and on Terranova. Currently only available at gamefront:

** link disabled **

Version 0.60.14a is available via Rapidshare

** link disabled **

Checksum is:

NISU for 0.60.14a
QZQU for 0.60.14b

Changelog from 0.60.14b to a:
Numerous small bug fixes
Correction to ENG starting OOB armored car brigades

adj-devs:
Lübeck-Copenhagen strait now via Storebaelt rather than province 0

events:
war/peace attrition to -60/+60 rather than -100/+100
fixed part of the Swedish aircraft deals

gfx:
several new unit ills from Hagar

province.csv:
rares back to 0.60.12 settings (+11 worldwide)
Sortavala back to Subarctic climate
removed 2 IC from China
slightly increased Chona´s energy

2012-06-10
-> CORE 0.60.14b for AoD = Open Beta 1b
The version is meant to operate with AoD 1.07.

Denniss has published a 1.08 compatibility pack, please use it if you know what you are doing. This the version for AoD 1.08 Beta 6 from Post 161 in this thread:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2934013330/CORE_0.60_1.08_comp_pack.rar

Here is an installer for the new CORE 0.60 b/w Graphics pack:

** link disabled **

Alternate Download:

** link disabled **

This leaves you without the standard CORE tech pics. I´ll upload a complete set soon, at the moment you can either ignore less than perfect tech pics or use the tech pic folder from an 0.50 installation and then copy the 0.60 files over them.

Sorry for this confusion, but 0.60 has changed many things on a basic level.

Last edited:
What is new?

* Move from single ships to flottillas for destroyers and submarines
* Extensive unit redesign
* Full use of AoD´s brigade system, many new brigades
* Extensive tech changes to go along with the unit redesign
* Complete ai rewrite, both research and build ai for all nations to use the new tech setup
* Full use of attachment preference ai
* Dozens of new events
* Extensive ai rewrite for combat ai, especially GER, SOV, JAP, USA
* Integration of graphic elements of the Tripartite Pack Mod
* Synthetic fuel and rubber techs
* Full set of model icons, many nation-specific
* Economy overhaul
* I´ll add more if I can think of it ....

Last edited:
Request to Open Beta Testers:

We need lots of input from you, a Beta is a Beta:

* Reports on the game experience as Germany and USSR / Barbarossa
* Reports on the game experience as Japan and USA / Pacific
* Please look for graphics issues. There will be many, since almost all unit graphics need to be changed and this is far from done. Post screenshots, Hagar is known to watch this closely and is usually inspired by a strategicall placed screenshot to fix this right away
* There are erratic crashes between November 1936 and February 1937. We do not know why, but suspect several aircraft deal events. Playing as Portugal, Sweden, Norway, UK or Germany and taking a-historical choices on the 1936 aircraft deals may help us spot the error.

Last edited:
For synthetic oil and fuel production you need to research the matching techs first (new in the industry tech tree)...

Ok guys so this is like really funny, but I cannot use Gamefront. At all. With none of my 4 browsers, 2 computers, and 3 OS. It looks like I am the only one having this issue so I'm in no position to press any claims, but could someone be so kind as to upload the files somewhere else so I can use them too?

Hi,

I am planning to provide a different weblink, but it may be a day or two. Maybe a kindly soul provides a mirror in the meantime.

T.

Thanks for posting this ill give it a try right away. So japan and german barbarossa? are u looking on info for barbarosssa on players that bliz only or whit players that carefully push the front lines.

PS. By the way are there any custom ministers yet?

Regarding Barbarossa, we would like to know whether it is a challenge to a human player as GER. The AI is a "pusher of front lines", so we see that in hands-off runs.

So we would like to get reports from a "Blitzer" who gives it everything he has.

We would also like reports from a Soviet player, to see whether the roles are now reversed and Germany is a pushover to a human SOV. I assume this is the case, and we may need some AI only goodies for the Soviets.

Custom ministers:
There is a "Charismatic Revolutionary", currently only used for Mao-Desdong.
And a specific "Josif V. Stalin", used - you guessed it - for Stalin.

Could you please upload these files on different server (gamefront seems not workin for me)?
Do I need the CORE 0.50 installed? edit: yes I need it.
Is CORE 0.60 compatible with SKIF icons (have you done any changes in unit types ?)

Last edited:
As to graphics, notably the air units are still a work in progress. JAP, USA, GER and the UK should have full air units (the latter being finished only late yesterday, so I'm only presuming they made the installer). If you see any graphics glitches, apart from missing/wrong arial pics, please let us know. That goes especially to the tech imagery: I filled in several blank spots lately, but I might have missed a couple. If so please let me know so we can sort those out as well. :)

Could you please upload these files on different server (gamefront seems not workin for me)?
Do I need the CORE 0.50 installed? edit: yes I need it.
Is CORE 0.60 compatible with SKIF icons (have you done any changes in unit types ?)

a) as mentioned above, i will try a different upload location
b) you do not need CORE 0.50, but it helps with the graphics. So getting a clean graphics install (b/w) is best achieved by installing over an existing 0.50 installation
c) SKIF is not compatible with CORE

d) do not attempt to install the colour graphics pack, it will lead to disaster....

Oh, that was indeed soon! Cudos guys!

@mod users: Please help devs squashing the bugs as much as you can. Do post for all the things that seem not WAD.

a)
c) SKIF is not compatible with CORE
d) do not attempt to install the colour graphics pack, it will lead to disaster....

c) I have played CORE (all versions also 0.50) with SKIF based model icons - only few models I have to repaint ... (now with CORE 0.60 it will be transports, destroyers, subs and few more which I have to repaint) - an example here: Bez tytułu.png

d) what do you mean exactly saying "disaster" - ctd? thats just only gfx graphics in colour ....

what do you mean exactly saying "disaster" - ctd? thats just only gfx graphics in colour ....
Nothing that dramatic... :) But the model tree has seen some major reshuffling, especially in the naval units and to a lesser extent the air models. So whatever you do, don't install the 0.5.0 color graphics pack over the 0.6.0 setup, as that will only add to the confusion graphics-wise. We're working on a color pack too, but that's probably only to be released once the Beta has run its course.

Somehow it´s no longer possible to upgrade production lines for subs - at least for those subs the USA starts to produce, even after I´ve researched all sub techs of 1936/37.

Maybe the sub model number (there are two model 5 types) is responsible for this?

Nothing that dramatic... :) But the model tree has seen some major reshuffling, especially in the naval units and to a lesser extent the air models. So whatever you do, don't install the 0.5.0 color graphics pack over the 0.6.0 setup, as that will only add to the confusion graphics-wise. We're working on a color pack too, but that's probably only to be released once the Beta has run its course.

Yes, I was a bit dramatic there. You will just have a jumble of graphics, but certainly no CTD.

Alternate download locations now in first post.

Hi, just wondering at what point the fleet destroyer optimization brigade gets activated, I can see a lot of upgrades to the model in the tech descriptions but not where they are activated.