PI, now that you've broken up Germany, could you consider breaking up Byzantium too?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a 6.5 meg download, that's small. What are you, ant people?

At least people are playing his. This, what you're doing here knocking other people's works, is not a way to get people playing yours.
:rofl:

I was only saying it's not small. It's a great mod. Where's this hostility coming from?

It's a 6.5 meg download, that's small. What are you, ant people?

At least people are playing his. This, what you're doing here knocking other people's works, is not a way to get people playing yours.

Wait, what? How is that insulting... Or... Rude, or anything?

Back to the point, i vote that Byzantium should stay as it is.

I just parked east half of Byzantion's de jure duchies in the Kingdom of Naples and the western half in the Kingdom of Nubia :laugh:

facepalm.jpg

Oh god...

My 'fantasy kingdoms' was more pointed at things like Bavaria, Aquitaine, Pommerania and Brythonia. Anything that would be historically plausible is fine with me. But having all those things as de jure kingdoms from the start is just nonsense in my opinion.
Then what would Pommerania be? Certainly not german, certainly not polish and certainly not Danish.

Pommerania should be dead.
Africa is a place holder, just to say theres a kingdom there. But it shouldnt be creatable.
Kharazia is fine, place holder. Rus is fine too.
Finland is meh, very modern thing to be in this game. Pommerania, again, must die.

Sometimes i think, why didnt they use the "core" system from EU? Overlapping kingdoms look nice.

Pommerania should be dead.
Africa is a place holder, just to say theres a kingdom there. But it shouldnt be creatable.
Kharazia is fine, place holder. Rus is fine too.
Finland is meh, very modern thing to be in this game. Pommerania, again, must die.

Sometimes i think, why didnt they use the "core" system from EU? Overlapping kingdoms look nice.

What is wrong with the kingdom of Africa, it really existed in the middle ages. The Arabs just called it Ifriqiya, which is there name for Roman Africa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifriqiya

Pommerania would be ... not a de iure kingdom at all, at least not in 1066.

Same goes for all of Africa, all of Asia, most of Europe east of Poland and Hungary, and some other pagan places.

I very much disagree. Maybe Pommerania shouldn't be formable, but it should be clear its a separate region from germany, denmark or poland. Maybe that's the best solution to "fantasy" kingdoms (real fantasy, not africa fantasy which actually existed).

On topic to byzantium. Since the whole name byzantine empire is stupid and its system fictional (or well the same as western-europe, which is... not accurate), I think it is safe to say that we can safely split it up in 4 kingdoms for better balance (and make it easier for the empire to collapse, I still have yet to see that happen).

What is wrong with the kingdom of Africa, it really existed in the middle ages. The Arabs just called it Ifriqiya, which is there name for Roman Africa

Oh, didnt know that. Africa stays.

I very much disagree. Maybe Pommerania shouldn't be formable, but it should be clear its a separate region from germany, denmark or poland. Maybe that's the best solution to "fantasy" kingdoms (real fantasy, not africa fantasy which actually existed).

On topic to byzantium. Since the whole name byzantine empire is stupid and its system fictional (or well the same as western-europe, which is... not accurate), I think it is safe to say that we can safely split it up in 4 kingdoms for better balance (and make it easier for the empire to collapse, I still have yet to see that happen).

Better than nothing. But im sure Paradox will fix it...right Paradox?
About Pommerania, just make that area De Jure nothing. KINGDOM of Pommerania? Thats ridiculous.

... and it was officially recognised by the Pope as such and had a working and active diplomatic relation with the Papacy, right?

... Right?

Because that's what would be needed to make it a de iure kingdom (instead of "just" de facto).

Personally I don´t get why people bother playing with the ERE or the HRE since they are both so to say 'finished' from the start. Also from what I have understood CK is supposed to be a bit 'sandbox' so not everything have to make sense from a historical point of view. By demanding more and more 'historical' realms, kingdoms and so on the game will slowly transform into a 'RPG-EU III' which in my opinion is not the right way to go at all.