• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flammehav

Colonel
8 Badges
Sep 9, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
I decided to start a game as Castille in the grand campaign. First quest was ofcourse to finish the requonsita, so I declared war on Granada and annexed it. This also put me in a war against several of the north african countries and among them Marocco that was the war leader. I shipped some troops over and took control over most of their land. I planned to make them my vassal, but for that I needed 156 warscore, so I decided to take their 3 richest provinces instead. Tangier, Ceuta and Fez.

A few years later I got government 4 and my first national ide and is now researching production so I can build constables. I'm clicking around on my provinces to find out wich one I want to build in first. I click on Fez and see it's distant overseas and I get tarrifs instead of other income. No surprice there, but when I click on Tangier and Ceuta, they are NOT distant overseas and I get tax income and production income from them instead of tarriffs. What's up with that???

I can accept that if you own both Gibraltar and Tangier that will count as a land connection, but why is then Fez overseas? All the 3 African provinces are connected, they all have a port and I don't have cores on any of them. Anyone have an explenation for this?

While we're on the subject will things like a dock. workshop, counting house, mint and stock exhange be just as usefull in overseas provinces as in regular provinces?

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed this too with Castille. I thought it was something particular to Spain and the reconquesta mission, but Notlupus' explanation would make sense too. I haven't seen anything similar with any other country... well, other than with landlocked Georgia, which somehow acquired a random province in Japan that wasn't distant overseas.

the provinces melilla, ceuta and tangiers are european for iberian owners, because they are the targets of the "continue the reconquista" mission-the rest of africa is distant overseas as you would expect. as castille, you should probably wait for that mission before invading africa.....

Yeah I noticed this too with Castille. I thought it was something particular to Spain and the reconquesta mission, but Notlupus' explanation would make sense too. I haven't seen anything similar with any other country... well, other than with Georgia, which somehow acquired a random province in Japan that wasn't distant overseas.
thats because georgia is in asia.

Yeah I noticed this too with Castille. I thought it was something particular to Spain and the reconquesta mission, but Notlupus' explanation would make sense too. I haven't seen anything similar with any other country... well, other than with landlocked Georgia, which somehow acquired a random province in Japan that wasn't distant overseas.

A province is only Distant Overseas if it meets all three requirements, not if it meets at least one. Georgia's capital province and that "random province in Japan" are both on the continent of Asia, therefore it doesn't matter that there is no land connection nor that they are far apart.

-Pat

A province is only Distant Overseas if it meets all three requirements, not if it meets at least one. Georgia's capital province and that "random province in Japan" are both on the continent of Asia, therefore it doesn't matter that there is no land connection nor that they are far apart.

-Pat

Aah! I forgot Georgia was in Asia! I guess I reckoned it was European because it was Christian. Though come to think of it, I think Armenia is in Asia too, is it not? I think those are the only two