• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Case Faust

To: the Reich Ministry
Date: 1 June 1947
Re: Case Faust

Today, the research center can announce the completion of our atomic bomb project. The first weapon has been produced. In conjunction with the work at the Potsdam Army Research Centre, the latest series of V rockets are capable of carrying the bomb to England. As backup, the Luftwaffe - under special directive and without knowing the real intention of their orders - have put into service a 4-engine heavy bomber, which is also capable of carrying the bomb to England.

With completion of the first weapon, manufacture of the second is now underway. However, it will be several months before it is completed. This large delay has resulted in the weapon not being tested, but it is believed to be effective. Research is now underway to seriously curtail the delay between weapons, with the long-term plan being the mass production of such devices.

To: the Reich Ministry
Date: 2 June 1947
Re: Use of the weapon

The scientific personnel of the Dresden Army Research Centre believe that the world-wide social and political consequences of the power of the latest weapon cannot be ignored, and that it therefore demands considerable consideration before use.

A limited number within the team believe that use of the weapon could have far reaching consequences such as the ignition of the atmosphere and request that the weapon not be used at all, although the majority agree with our calculations that such a risk is far from probable. Most of the science team believe that the power of the weapon should be demonstrated to the world - leading to victory through diplomacy and fear of our weaponry. Therefore, the team recommends that before the weapon is used, its powers should be described and demonstrated to the Allies to deter them from their present course of action and end their war of aggression against the Reich. Such description and demonstration will heighten the effectiveness of the weapon, deter the Allies aggression, and be of tremendous effect in preserving the integrity of the Reich and prevent other nations from launching future aggressive actions upon us.

launch it over New York

Initially, I thought my rockets could reach that far (I was reading the wrong column, looking at the speed! :eek:o ) so DC, New York, and Boston were going to be my targets. After which I would have wrote the US out of the war. Sadly, I can only reach 1,000 miles with them. So deep into the remnants of the Soviet Union, or anywhere over the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

Initially, I thought my rockets could reach that far (I was reading the wrong column, looking at the speed! :eek:o ) so DC, New York, and Boston were going to be my targets. After which I would have wrote the US out of the war. Sadly, I can only reach 1,000 miles with them. So deep into the remnants of the Soviet Union, or anywhere over the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

That's still very promising though. :)

I'd go with London to pay the British back for their insolence in invading occupied France. The cities in the Soviet Far East are far too remote to make an effective demonstration, and the British war effort could easily be dealt a major blow in one swift stroke.

Da bomb over London should take the Brits out of the war

Case Clausewitz

To: OKL
Date: 22 June 1947
Re: Case Clausewitz

The defeat of our forces in Western France demands retribution. Furthermore, since the British seizure of Brittany, American troops have been landing – based off intelligence reports and convoys that our U-Boats have not been able to intercept – at an alarming rate.

New weapons have been developed that will provide us with the opportunity to completely defeat the British and knock them out of the war before they, and their imperial forces and American allies, can assemble enough forces in France to pose a serious threat to the Reich.

To facilitate this objective, the Luftwaffe is directed to seize control of the air above France and the United Kingdom. Once this mission has succeeded, the new weapon will be delivered to the Luftwaffe and launched against London from rocket or bomber.

With the British nation destroyed, our ground forces will proceed to exterminate the contemptible little British army in France and then wipe France clean of all remaining Allied forces ending this war once and for all!

To: Reich Ministry
Date: 23 June 1947
Re: Case Clausewitz

Since receiving the latest directive yesterday, a comprehensive review of our forces has taken place. All squadrons have been assessed and all Gruppe commanders contacted.

It is with all due respect, that the Luftwaffe reports it is unable to undertake the mission assigned to it. At present, all squadrons are up to strength as new machines and pilots have reached the forward units from the Reich. However, the massive redeployment of forces following the retreat has resulted in all units declaring themselves non-operational. The supporting ground forces have not reached all units, ammunition and fuel needs to be brought up, and airstrips made ready for major action.

This is a process that cannot be hurried up. The Luftwaffe will not be ready to take offensive action until the first or second week of July. At that time, the mission assigned can be carried out.

Wow! Where have I been the last few weeks? I have been busy at work and not keeping up on my favorite AAR's (this being one of them) and such large changes have taken place that it is amazing, and frustrating at the same time.....Being pushed back from France.....those damn Tommies and Yanks have to be taught a lesson.....luckily....the bomb is ready to be deployed.......Let em have it.............

PS....do you know if the USA or England have their bomb in development as well? How far along are they??

Thanks for the compliments!

I know the British have a reactor on the southern coast, and the Soviets had numerous ones spread out all over their territory (which I captured, well I think I got them all). However, everything I have seen in game suggests that the Americans, Brits, and Soviets are no where near at the technological or infrastructural level they need to be to develop a bomb.

are you still unable to bring a few Panzerkorps from the East?

With the Russian bear pacified for two years now, I don't see why the Wehrmacht would not be able to rail a corps or two of experienced crack troops in from the east.

With the Russian bear pacified for two years now, I don't see why the Wehrmacht would not be able to rail a corps or two of experienced crack troops in from the east.

+1

the faster he drives the Allies to the sea, the faster those troops will be in the Eastern front again

YES hit London and other high-value English VP's. Knock them out and you'll do fine. Do you have the Navy to at least keep the US at bay while you prepare for them?

Other than my U-Boats, not in the slightest. Research is underway, but it would be years before I would be able to put even a modest navy in the water.

As for the rest of you guys, an update later today will answer all points.

I propose to extend the end date, as I have my doubts about this interesting scenario being finished in half a year :sad:

Thanks for the compliments :)

As for the end dates, they have already been adjusted to the 1960s or something ... not that I envision this lasting that long!