• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jburns

Second Lieutenant
19 Badges
Jun 23, 2004
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
I think there must be some kind of transit treaty bug in the game. In a game as West Germany, I signed all possible treaties available with all the different NATO powers (all agreed to all treaties, there are no more treaties available to be signed with any of them) and then declared war upon East Germany. The war went fine and in the end I ended up taking East Germany, Czechoslovakia and Poland.

No treaty related movement issues were noticed until the war ended. As you can see in the below screenshot, all the NATO troops near Warsaw have green move plot lines to move to their different barracks back in their own home countries. But it has been over a year since the war ended and not a single troop has moved from the spot it was in when the war ended. This includes air units, none have left the bases they were at when the war ended.

transitbug.jpg

Is it possible transit treaties only apply during times of war, and in peace times troops are prevented from moving into or within each other’s borders for some reason? If not I think I’ve run into a bug here. Note all West German troops and planes are in reserve, everything you see in this screenshot is a NATO troop/plane.

The only moves any of them have made in the last year is occasionally a few air units at the overstacked fields do a short patrol route. Other than that everything has remained frozen in place with the green move plot lines displayed the whole time. I did build up some supply bases near the blob of Nato troops thinking it might have to do with low supply, but most hexes now have well over 90% supply and still none of them have moved an inch.

I tend to have the same thing happen but it is usually (as the USA) the huge stacks around Berlin. I think it is part of the stacking bug--you get a pile of units there and the AI gets confused and they just keep stacking in. The only way I found to get rid of it is break all the treaties with the allies and then wipe the units out. :(