• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alfred Packer

Off Again
45 Badges
Jun 3, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
The Wehrmacht News & World Report
a brand new AAR by Alfred Packer
an HOI3+SF+FTM+DI:G game
Winner: Best Character Writer of the Week 15 April 2012
AARLand Choice Award for HOI Comedy, Q1 2012
AARLand Choice Award for HOI, Q2 2012​

Throughout 1935, Oberst Martin Werner with the OKW Department of Recreation, petitioned and planned a brand new quarterly newsmagazine designed to inform and bring the soldiers of the Wehrmacht together as never before. Now, collected here for the first time, is the entire print run of the newsmagazine, beginning with volume 1, issue 1: January 1936.

-------
All updates will be links to pdfs of the WN&WR. This post will also be updated, for your convenience and the 'Current Year' in game will also have a thumbnail insertion of the pdf for ease of use!For double page spread maps (more common after 1938), you can print the pages and place them next to each other, should you feel so inclined.

All updates will follow the conditions of this board (ie: no swastikas, SS imagery, terror bombing, etc...)

Issues

Jan 1936 (pdf)
Apr 1936 (pdf)
Jul 1936 (pdf)
Oct 1936 (pdf)

Jan 1937 (pdf)
Apr 1937 (pdf)
Jul 1937 (pdf)
Oct 1937 (pdf)

Jan 1938 (pdf)
Apr 1938 (pdf)
Jul 1938 (pdf)
Oct 1938 (pdf)

Jan 1939 (pdf)
Apr 1939 (pdf)
Jul 1939 (pdf)
Oct 1939 (pdf)

Jan 1940 (pdf)
Apr 1940 (pdf)
Jul 1940 (pdf)
Oct 1940 (pdf)

Jan 1941
Apr 1941
Jul 1941
Oct 1941

Jan 1942
----------
Jan 1992 - Epilogue

Last edited:
good to see you back. Its rather scary to see the Third Reich reduced to a sort of corporate happy-clappy publication but the sturmkittens are a superb touch.

Not sure if this is going to be a problem but I had to sign into google docs to get the pdf. This is fine for me as I use that to shift and share large files I'm working on, but not everyone will have an account?

Not sure if this is going to be a problem but I had to sign into google docs to get the pdf. This is fine for me as I use that to shift and share large files I'm working on, but not everyone will have an account?

If anyone has any issue getting the issue, please post here...I'd hoped google docs would be a simple solution for storing the pdfs, but I'll find another way if necessary!

If anyone has any issue getting the issue, please post here...I'd hoped google docs would be a simple solution for storing the pdfs, but I'll find another way if necessary!

Apols for starting this hare running, given Baltasar's comment I think it asked me to sign in because it recognised my IP, so I did automatically, hopefully its a false alarm ... if so, again, apols.

I don't have an account there, so loki is most probably correct.

Is there a bandwith restriction or something on this?

Drop box is handy for hosting files if you don't want people to need to have accounts to use it.

EDIT: I also was able to get to the document without any issues. I do have a Google account, but the website had `Sign In` in the upper right so I don't think it needed to be used.

I was hoping to be the first to use a Kitler in my own comedy AAR, but I've been beaten to the punch! Oh well... maybe I can find a `cats that look like Stalin` website.

Fascinating concept; loved the first issue. I will follow!

Great, with firefox i need to sign in & with IE it only displays the top (1/8) part of the pdf..

I've embedded the file directly in the update...since we can only store about 10mb on the Paradox forum directly, I'll probably have to pull down old files over time, but I can just leave the pdf links to googledocs.

Last edited:
I love the "Spies, please do not read" on the top of the most important pages. As we all know, spies are unfailingly polite and will never read anything if you ask nicely enough. :)

My only pet peeve is that reading from a PDF makes it a little harder to quote all the quotable stuff. :) Excellent work, sir, your demented genius shines brightly as ever!

I do have to ask, with some trepidation: do you write a corporate newsletter for a living? The kind of forced cheerfulness seems to come very naturally to you...

Liked the 'Chinese mercy mission' and Leutnant zur See Ritter's very subtle suggestion that someone might perhaps be considered for a promotion, possibly? :)

Excellent idea Alfred Packer.....sturmkittens are a hit!! Here is one of my favorite kitty photos....

Attachments

• thumbnailCAT7874K.jpg
    thumbnailCAT7874K.jpg
    11,6 KB · Views: 275
you should add sturmkittens as political leaders to the game..

They would rule the world if I did...Roosevelt, Stalin and Churchill would be all "awww, thats so cute...the little fellow wants to rule the Ukraine and play with yarn all at once" How could they refuse?

I love the "Spies, please do not read" on the top of the most important pages. As we all know, spies are unfailingly polite and will never read anything if you ask nicely enough. :)

:)

the sturm kitten really is showing its dedication to the cause isn't it

sturmkittens are ALWAYS dedicated to the cause!

My only pet peeve is that reading from a PDF makes it a little harder to quote all the quotable stuff. :) Excellent work, sir, your demented genius shines brightly as ever!

I do have to ask, with some trepidation: do you write a corporate newsletter for a living? The kind of forced cheerfulness seems to come very naturally to you...

Liked the 'Chinese mercy mission' and Leutnant zur See Ritter's very subtle suggestion that someone might perhaps be considered for a promotion, possibly? :)

You know, I really wrangled with the pdf idea specifically because I knew it would make it harder on commentators, but in the end, I felt the AAR would work so much better as a readable newsletter that I had to go for it.

And yes...I have written a corporate newsletter (school newsletter, newspaper headlines, etc...) or two in my time ;)

Excellent idea Alfred Packer.....sturmkittens are a hit!! Here is one of my favorite kitty photos....

You can expect to see that one again in the October 1939 issue!