• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Barsoom
Hardly cheesey. Bohemia ought to have stomped on them with Holy War already, this is to encourage Milan to do so. It's then up to Bohemia to decide what they want to do about it. The objective is to have Bohemia and Milan fighting, so that England can preposition troops and attack Milan. I'd prefer additional cores on Thrace and the former Novgorod province as well. But that's just greedy!

Looks like France is about to make a comeback in Provence

Those pesky Khorasani rebels! I also like your stars, they imho look much better than the usual points.

Also:

Franconian, Edlar89, Yammka, zwitterion, Wayloss & Orlov Kruskayev - I've told Poppy all the nice things you've said. She went and had a crap. For those of you who missed her at the bottom of a page, here she is again Poppy, my fifth cat.

I am amazed that she showed anything at all. Be glad that your cat does not always come to you when you are on the pot and DEMANDS to be petted...

God, Poppy is a cute kitten. Aargh you make me want to get a kitten too... but my house is too small :(

Anyways, looks like the holy warring goes pretty well. You still have 50 years to go and the infidel world already looks very red. Btw are you going to go after Japan anytime soon?

What will you need for a war with Milan ? 8 cores + 2 Bohemian ones ? ;)

Ok, I agree that it is a nasty looking war ( unless Bohemia, for some reason, copes out ), but 4 European cores are a godsend at this point. BTW does Milan has cores on you, for a Reconquest CB war of them on you , as you suggest ? If so, maybe insulting them a couple of times + wars with the hordes and Brunei or Ming could make them act ...

WC is coming slowly closer, you still have a 130 or so years left to muck about with, so i think you'll make it.

Otherwise things are looking okay, if the Timurids would clean up their backyard so you don't get any more 1 nation minors :)

@Barsoom
Hardly cheesey. Bohemia ought to have stomped on them with Holy War already, this is to encourage Milan to do so. It's then up to Bohemia to decide what they want to do about it. The objective is to have Bohemia and Milan fighting, so that England can preposition troops and attack Milan. I'd prefer additional cores on Thrace and the former Novgorod province as well. But that's just greedy!
The cheesy bit is funding wrong religion zealots. I agree of course that a war between Milan and Bohemia would be very useful. I also think it's OK to engineer one if it can be done in an uncheesy way. Calling a crusade would be fine, and it would be lovely if Milan gave Bohemia a reason to declare war by taking HRE territory that Bohemia could then liberate. I just don't understand why you'd also want to fund rebels and I don't think Catholic England should be in the business of promoting Islamic zealots.

Also, I rather think that legitimate causes for war with Milan can come in handy if it took the wrong National Idea. Those claims aren't about to expire, I think, so PrawnStar can just save them up for the right opportunity.

@Edlar89: My thoughts exactly.

Milan being part of the HRE , they would get cores on it and I don't think Bohemia would go for the 1 year CB that goes with it.

FEEDBACK​

Chief Ragusa - I don't consider Brunei to be of any long term use other than holding down a lot of potential revolters in South East Asia. I need to dismantle them without revolters breaking lose.War with Milan is war with most of Europe if I DOW - too many enemies over too many fronts. One on One would be a different matter.

Wayloss - Quite, Milan + Bohemia = pain. I'd like Milan to DOW but an insult would be the wrong CB; I need reconquest so I can reclaim my cores BB free.

GaiusC - The Emperor will intervene :(

Barsoom - I'm certain Bohemia will intervene - there's an interesting screenie coming up about who would get called if I DOW Milan. When I say I don't have enough troops in Europe I do have 100,000. It's all relative - DOWing Milan means fighting over 400,000. Lots of stuff in the round up for you to have a look at. If they weren't such a pain to me right now I'd be cehering the Khorasani on myself.

Displacement - Yes, I think, unless I mean no.

homy_dog34 The only tribes anyone knows about are Mutapa, Mali and Kongo. I don't think anyone can get to them right now so they are probably safe.

Chief Ragusa - The likeliest beneficiary of a crusade against the Baltic Sunnis is Bohemia. There's plenty of time for consolidation in Europe.

Franconian - I'll try and remember to use the stars :) We keep the bathroom door shut - the cats sleep in the sink, play in the bath and two think they are dogs and drink from the toilet :(

Taylor - Cats don't need much space :) The Holy Warring is going well - not sure if I'll get to Japan but it's definitely possible if I put Brunei on the back burner.

Edlar89 - Train service? If this was ported to Vicky 2 I'd go LF - no way I'd want to have to rail up this empire myself!

sprites - Thanks, I'm hoping Japan won't be too difficult.

Ricardo Rolo - Ideally I want a defensive war with Milan :) They don't have any cores on me which is a shame because that would be my preferred war.

Tallfellow - 220 years to go and yeah the Timmies getting on top of the Khorasanis would be good.

Barsoom - Yeah, Milan is about taking advantage when an opportunity presents itself.

Chief Ragusa - I don't like attacking any OPM unless I've engineered a core! Using spies to turn OPMs into TPMs is an acceptable technique - after all easily conquered Muslims are much closer to salvation!

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE​

Let’s start with three screenshots about England.

The Economy

wlc6r4.jpg

The short term goal here is a bit more Trade tech, I’m pushing towards Level 5 & 6 buildings which will turbo my income once spammed. Gov’t Level 30 and the option to pick Cabinet (-1 BB a year) becomes available. That’s a 1650 tech and I’m already looking at 10 years ahead of time penalties for 26. I will aim to get Cabinet at least on time and probably a bit early.

The Military

1rwz03.jpg

Never enough, what more can I say.

Ideas and Sliders

2zel4iv.jpg

Ideas coming up likely to be Cabinet then Land of Opportunity.

Various screenshots from the Ledger coming up but before then here’s a little something to put the comparisons in context. This is what DOWing Milan will do BEFORE cascading alliances kick in.

21j7wyb.jpg

Ledger screenshots

National Comparison sorted by income

s1rrz9.jpg

Technology sorted on Gov’t Tech

34fmej4.jpg

Leaders

1zg6zwi.jpg

Fear Brunei’s navy.

Armies

ibaqdt.jpg

Navies

33mvpxs.jpg

The ever popular pies

6h58ab.jpg

Trade by COTs

m7q9mo.jpg

The Old World

2n0lr7k.jpg

Europe

uvr12.jpg

There you all are; some data to get your teeth into :)

Well... Good luck with that.

That Milan and that Bohemia look like horrible opponents to fight, especially in the same war... I hope you can find a way, eventually.

Edit: What am I saying. You're Prawnstar. Your only problem is not going over the infamy limit.

Last edited:
1 to 4 odds; That's fair. I see why you'd want to have a more even fight. Milan has a tech advantage. You'll take the cores from Bohemia and seek to draw the warnings. Brunei has some scary admirals. It's also reclaimed its home islands -so there's no reason not to go after them. If they get a toe hold on Japan's home islands, so much the better. There's a way into Japan through Sakhalin and north island and you should have finished colonizing them by the time you take the land off the Manchu.

Still looking good. On the upside it looks like you can DoW Milanhemia without fighting the mightly alliance of Cyprus, Riga, TO and Prussia (and I guess some of these are vassals). How are the Bohemians doing on uniting the HRE? Do your constant battles weaken their authority and slow this?

Edit: Also please disband your galley, it serves no purpose. You're currently 6 ships down on 100% tariffs but that will lengthen and that 5% gap is worth ~20 ducats. Are you planning on expanding your big/small ship navies or are you going to spend the money on land units to deal with the inevitable European war?

Last edited:
Also please disband your galley, it serves no purpose. You're currently 6 ships down on 100% tariffs but that will lengthen and that 5% gap is worth ~20 ducats.

You are mixing up trade income and tariffs. A single barque is worth about 0.6 per month in tariffs.

Also, I disagree about disbanding the galley. I like to keep some obsolete ships and pretend I'll put them in a museum by the end of the game.

Will it count if there are uncolonized territories in the end? I would.

Going over naval support limit with barque's looks to be cost effective. For 100% tariffs.
Will only take about 4 to 5 years to pay for them-selves.
What trade level enables 5 and 6 level buildings?
Things are looking good except Milan/Bohemia :eek: