• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When a flank has multiple commanders from different armies ie. your own commander and your allies commanders, which commander will be in charge of a battle? The one with highest rank or prestige? I just lost a crucial battle because of my ally's incompetent commanders led the battle instead of my excellent commanders.

They'd marry into each other and because they all rushed for primogeniture the kingdoms would merge into mega-vassals and I'd have to fight a 20 year civil war to break them up.

Maybe I'll just join Francia so I can have my own laws.

Vassals will have primogeniture if your crown authority is high enough. I think if you stay at medium crown authority they'll all just keep gavelkind. I will say that I'm not sure if this is still the case with vassal kingdoms in an empire, though.

I realise this has probably been asked tons of times, but since it just happened to me for the first time and a look at the wiki wasn't entirely helpful.. I am playing as the Duchess of York in England, and like 10 years after game start Magnus of Godwin invaded with a massive army of thirty thousand men. Needless to say William the Conqueror got his ass handed to him since he only had like 12k troops. Magnus won and is now king, but the rediculously powerful army that he pulled straight out of his ass is still hanging around making it impossible for me or anyone else to do something about him.

Will those troops disappear after a certain amount of time or must we now bow to our new Anglo-saxon overlord and his magic troops? If I assassinate him will they go away?

I realise this has probably been asked tons of times, but since it just happened to me for the first time and a look at the wiki wasn't entirely helpful.. I am playing as the Duchess of York in England, and like 10 years after game start Magnus of Godwin invaded with a massive army of thirty thousand men. Needless to say William the Conqueror got his ass handed to him since he only had like 12k troops. Magnus won and is now king, but the rediculously powerful army that he pulled straight out of his ass is still hanging around making it impossible for me or anyone else to do something about him.

Will those troops disappear after a certain amount of time or must we now bow to our new Anglo-saxon overlord and his magic troops? If I assassinate him will they go away?

He'll eventually burn through them by fighting stupidly against uprisings or in other wars but no, event troops don't disappear (just one of the oft-complained about aspects of adventurers)...

After an antipope has been deposed, how many years do you have to wait till you can elect a new antipope? I have been waiting on my Ironman save for what feels like an eternity (over 40 years so far).

How does the game determine what kingdoms a prepared invasion will target? I want to prepare an invasion on either West Francia or Aquitane, but I haven't been able to do it so far. I saved just before declaring the invasion in case there was an issue like this, but despite reloading and waiting for different conditions I remain unable to target either kingdom. Each is the primary title of its respective holder, but declaring on the King of Aquitaine gives me an invasion for Aragon, despite that king only controlling one duchy in Aragon. Similarly, an invasion of the King of West Francia targets Swabia (a kingdom-tier title in HIP, which I am using), even though his demense is entirely within West Francia and the Swabian title hasn't even been created.

Under what conditions will I be able to target those two kingdoms? I have been holding off on creating the Kingdom of Norway because I want to declare an invasion before my realm is too large.

How does the game determine what kingdoms a prepared invasion will target? I want to prepare an invasion on either West Francia or Aquitane, but I haven't been able to do it so far. I saved just before declaring the invasion in case there was an issue like this, but despite reloading and waiting for different conditions I remain unable to target either kingdom. Each is the primary title of its respective holder, but declaring on the King of Aquitaine gives me an invasion for Aragon, despite that king only controlling one duchy in Aragon. Similarly, an invasion of the King of West Francia targets Swabia (a kingdom-tier title in HIP, which I am using), even though his demense is entirely within West Francia and the Swabian title hasn't even been created.

Under what conditions will I be able to target those two kingdoms? I have been holding off on creating the Kingdom of Norway because I want to declare an invasion before my realm is too large.

Maybe the Kings hold too many holdings in West Francia or Aquitaine. If I recall correctly in order to prepare an invasion there's minimum and maximum number of holdings the ruler can control in said kingdom. I don't remember the actual numbers though.

Maybe the Kings hold too many holdings in West Francia or Aquitaine. If I recall correctly in order to prepare an invasion there's minimum and maximum number of holdings the ruler can control in said kingdom. I don't remember the actual numbers though.

Thanks for the answer. I think you're right about that holding limit. It might be 40, which (I think) is the maximum realm size that allows prepared invasions to be declared. I wish it just told you in the tooltip what kingdom it would apply to.

Thanks for the answer. I think you're right about that holding limit. It might be 40, which (I think) is the maximum realm size that allows prepared invasions to be declared. I wish it just told you in the tooltip what kingdom it would apply to.

It's ruling over between 9 and 40 holdings in a specific de jure kingdom. If you open the diplomacy view of a potential target and mouse over the greyed-out option to prepare invasion it gives all the requirements.

Anyone know the answer to this?

objectives/00_plots.txt file states:

Code:
# Gain one of a vassal's landed titles
plot_gain_vassal_title = {
	type = vassal_titles
	vassal_rank_plot = yes

# Plotter scope
	potential = {
		is_playable = yes
		prisoner = no
		is_patrician = no
		is_merchant_republic = no
		age = 16
		primary_title = {
			higher_tier_than = COUNT
			temporary = no
		}
		NOT = { trait = incapable }
		NOT = { trait = imbecile }

OR = {
			ai = no
			war = no
		}
	}

...  ...

Answer: No.

After an antipope has been deposed, how many years do you have to wait till you can elect a new antipope? I have been waiting on my Ironman save for what feels like an eternity (over 40 years so far).

Bumping this one, anyone got any clue? I was hoping I could open the saved file since I saw that someone had done it and found out that way but since this is an Ironman save, it's not possible.

Hi. How to change country in game. I play whit Norway and concert England half and me king go to role the kingdom of England and his son go role to Norway I want play in Norway site

If you're playing ironman, then no...

If not:

hit ~ to open console

type charinfo and hit enter

select Norway's king and mouse over him so the info pop-up appears, note his character id number

type play (his character number) and hit enter

hit ~ to close the console

If you're playing ironman, then no...

If not:

hit ~ to open console

type charinfo and hit enter

select Norway's king and mouse over him so the info pop-up appears, note his character id number

type play (his character number) and hit enter

hit ~ to close the console

Can't you just save the game, than load the game and select what char to play as?