• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, the Magyar culture group (it's just the Hungarians) can also use the Tribal Invasion CB if they're non-Christian, which is why 2.0.4 Hungary quite often ends up painting the map (especially under player control).

How do you get mods from the Workshop to appear in your launcher? Most of the descriptions say to start CK2, quit, and then start again and it will be in your launcher. This never happens for me.

How do you get mods from the Workshop to appear in your launcher? Most of the descriptions say to start CK2, quit, and then start again and it will be in your launcher. This never happens for me.

Did you put the folder and .mod file in the correct place? I.e. the \mod directory next to \save games?

A question about de-jure drift.
I hold the Wendish Empire title and Kingdom of Bohemia. There are no other Kingdom titles in my empire (i've destroyed Pomerania and never created Lithuania and Poland), but I don't see any drift (some counties drifted long ago).
In the wiki I have found that the duchy must be vassals of the king. Looks like the game doesn't understand that I am the king and emperor at the same time. How do I make a duchy vassal to my Kingdom title? Or the only way is to give Kingdom title to my heir and transfer vassalage to him (preferably when emperor is old and infirm, just before inheritance)?

A question about de-jure drift.
I hold the Wendish Empire title and Kingdom of Bohemia. There are no other Kingdom titles in my empire (i've destroyed Pomerania and never created Lithuania and Poland), but I don't see any drift (some counties drifted long ago).
In the wiki I have found that the duchy must be vassals of the king. Looks like the game doesn't understand that I am the king and emperor at the same time. How do I make a duchy vassal to my Kingdom title? Or the only way is to give Kingdom title to my heir and transfer vassalage to him (preferably when emperor is old and infirm, just before inheritance)?

De jure drift only happens towards your primary title. As you hold the Wendish Empire as your primary title, duchies will not drift towards the Kingdom of Bohemia.

AFAIK, duchies stop drifting once you form an Empire; then, kingdoms start to drift - if you or your vassals own every province in the kingdom.

1) Why does it matter if my character statistically likes someone or not? In example, if a person loves my character, but my character hates that person, what's the worst that could happen?
1) I believe some events and many ai actions look at that number but I could be wrong
True.
As a vassal, your liege could as an exemple transfert to you some de jure vassals to raise your opinion towards him (probably considering your power too).
;)

True.
As a vassal, your liege could as an exemple transfert to you some de jure vassals to raise your opinion towards him (probably considering your power too).
;)

That makes sense, thanks!

Another question: If I control a Duchy with 4 counties, is there any reason for me not to take control of all those counties, if I have the power to do so? I currently control 2 of them, and have a demense of 2/5.

That makes sense, thanks!

Another question: If I control a Duchy with 4 counties, is there any reason for me not to take control of all those counties? I currently control 2 of them, and have a demense of 2/5.

If you're running any succession other than Gavelkind, then no, there is absolutely no reason not to hold all 4 of them. You get more income and more troops for holding more counties in your demesne (because you've got more castles for your troops and more churches and cities for your taxes), and as long as you stay within the demesne limit (if you have a limit of 5, you'll be within it) there are no disadvantages to increasing the size of your demesne.

The mod files aren't even being added anywhere. The Workshop is supposed to take care of putting them in the right spot for you but I never get any files.

Well, I suppose you can see if any files are being downloaded? If something is being downloaded, then Steam is probably placing it in the wrong place. A little bit of detective work (searching for *.mod or even *.* files in your entire computer, ranked by most recent first) should enable you to find them. If nothing is being downloaded, that is a technical issue and perhaps should be brought up in that forum or on Steam.

If you're running any succession other than Gavelkind, then no, there is absolutely no reason not to hold all 4 of them. You get more income and more troops for holding more counties in your demesne (because you've got more castles for your troops and more churches and cities for your taxes), and as long as you stay within the demesne limit (if you have a limit of 5, you'll be within it) there are no disadvantages to increasing the size of your demesne.

I see, thanks for clearing that up!

One more question: I claimed the Duchy of Swabia from Karl the Fat, and then I claimed the county of Fürstenberg from him. Now he has no titles, and he's heirless. However, he has strong claims on a number of my holdings, so I need to see him dead. On his diplomacy screen I can pay 350 gold to have him assassinated, but is there a way for me to establish a plot to assassinate him instead, through the intrigue screen? There isn't an option to do so at the moment.

With one caveat: If his total realm is bigger than that one duchy, every title you revoke without cause will incur the tyranny penalty, and that's going to make folks none-too-happy.

I see, thanks for clearing that up!

One more question: I claimed the Duchy of Swabia from Karl the Fat, and then I claimed the county of Fürstenberg from him. Now he has no titles, and he's heirless. However, he has strong claims on a number of my holdings, so I need to see him dead. On his diplomacy screen I can pay 350 gold to have him assassinated, but is there a way for me to establish a plot to assassinate him instead, through the intrigue screen? There isn't an option to do so at the moment.

Not through the intrigue screen. Go to his character screen. There's a little icon below his picture. Click it, it will allow you to start a plot to kill him. For what it's worth, though, unless he's ambitious, he's unlikely to strike back at you on his own. I assume he's not already in your realm?

De jure drift only happens towards your primary title. As you hold the Wendish Empire as your primary title, duchies will not drift towards the Kingdom of Bohemia.
Thats bad... I want big kingdom and no more revolts trying to restore kingdom of Poland etc...
May be I should destroy Empire? But vassals penalty, various bonuses for emperors... Looks like thing to improve in CK...

Thats bad... I want big kingdom and no more revolts trying to restore kingdom of Poland etc...
May be I should destroy Empire? But vassals penalty, various bonuses for emperors... Looks like thing to improve in CK...

Can't destroy your primary title, and unless you have another empire, you can't switch. So... you're stuck there. Only alternative, as someone pointed out, is to give a king the region. Only easy way to do that is to give a Kingdom to the Duke whose duchy you want to drift. Which will make for a heck of a powerful new King...

I don't suspect this is going to change in the future though. There's not a great reason to change it. Gamer desires to have everything under one Kingdom title is not enough. =)

Thanks to all replying for the invasion CBs. I did not even realise there were so many :D

Another question: I have been checking the dejure kingdoms today and on the Iberia peninsula I noticed that the Andalucians had captured some dejure land from the kingdom of Asturias. Mousing over said territories I noticed a counter: 2/100 years till territory becomes part of the kingdom of Andalucia (or somesuch cant remember the exact words). Is that the dejure drift? The territories were already occupied, but not culturaly shift (only religius)

Thanks to all replying for the invasion CBs. I did not even realise there were so many :D

Another question: I have been checking the dejure kingdoms today and on the Iberia peninsula I noticed that the Andalucians had captured some dejure land from the kingdom of Asturias. Mousing over said territories I noticed a counter: 2/100 years till territory becomes part of the kingdom of Andalucia (or somesuch cant remember the exact words). Is that the dejure drift? The territories were already occupied, but not culturaly shift (only religius)

Yes, it is de jure drift; at the moment they're controlled by Andalusia and part of the Andalusian realm, but only after those 100 years will those lands become de jure part of the Kingdom of Andalusia forever more.