• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, both ways should get rid of the antipope. Revocation turns him into a random courtier, successfully pressing his claim on the papacy turns him into the regular pope, while the antipapacy ceases to exist.

Regarding heresies, I don't know if it's applicable for you, but a successful crusade raises moral authority by about 15 percent. That's how I'm keeping the negative effects of my antipope somewhat in check in my current game.

Hi sorry to be a pain, but it will not let me revoke his title at all, the confirm button is greyed out, even though I meet all the criteria to (i have all green asterixs). Fighting the pope aint gonna happen as im too small

1) Do duchies count toward your holding limit? (I assume not, they are just titles)
2) For your personal holdings, should you stick to counties? Or should you actively control lower than that level? (I have a barony, but other than that, all of my personal holdings are counties.)

1) Do duchies count toward your holding limit? (I assume not, they are just titles)
2) For your personal holdings, should you stick to counties? Or should you actively control lower than that level? (I have a barony, but other than that, all of my personal holdings are counties.)

Duchies do not count. The limit based on the amount of baronies. If you hold the county seat that is one barony. You can choose to hold additional holdings, but that is a tradeoff and might not always be worth it.
You can hold castles without any penalties, but if you decide to hold cities of bishoprics you'll get a 75% penalty to tax income from that city or church. Now if you are under your limit it might be worth it to sack a mayor or two and take their cities for the tax income. Long-term you might be better off having that mayor develop their city for you, as an upgraded city will give you much more troops and tax revenue.

Hi sorry to be a pain, but it will not let me revoke his title at all, the confirm button is greyed out, even though I meet all the criteria to (i have all green asterixs). Fighting the pope aint gonna happen as im too small
I have to admit I hadn't actually tried it before and was just repeating hearsay. I just had a look and, apparently, simply revoking indeed doesn't work. You can, however, imprison and then banish him. That will end the antipapacy. It will also give you a rather large amount of tyranny, though.
There really is no easy way out, it seems.

I have to admit I hadn't actually tried it before and was just repeating hearsay. I just had a look and, apparently, simply revoking indeed doesn't work. You can, however, imprison and then banish him. That will end the antipapacy. It will also give you a rather large amount of tyranny, though.
There really is no easy way out, it seems.

Thanks! Tyranny now is better than heresy later.....i could do with juggling some duchy titles around anyway!

What should I do with my genius homosexual niece? I was planning on marrying her matrilinearly to someone with good traits, to try to keep the genius thing going, but now I'm afraid she just won't have any children. There aren't any strong/genius men who are both lustful and willing to marry her matrilinearly.

Is there any way of getting some easy CBs to conquer some land (at the moment I don't know how to get one)

Use your chancellor to fabricate the claim.

What should I do with my genius homosexual niece? I was planning on marrying her matrilinearly to someone with good traits, to try to keep the genius thing going, but now I'm afraid she just won't have any children. There aren't any strong/genius men who are both lustful and willing to marry her matrilinearly.

Do not despair. Fertility is only 15% less with homosexuality, which if you marry her young (age 16) means you should probably be able to have one or two heirs without much trouble. I would try to find a groom with +fertility traits like hedonist (a rather rare one) or lustful. Avoid chastity and of course celibate in a future mate for your little princess. As in other cases, having some traits in common makes for a happier marriage, leading to some fertility events AFAIK.

If your heir is female you need to arrange a matrilineal marriage. But if you are arranging a betrothal how do you do this. Do you get an option when the marriage is actually going ahead to specify that is should be matrilineal?

Edit - She just turned 16. So i am proposing a matrilineal marriage for her. But the only option i ma getting is two courtiers from my own court. I dont know whay there are no other options. There are if i go for a normal marriage

Do not despair. Fertility is only 15% less with homosexuality, which if you marry her young (age 16) means you should probably be able to have one or two heirs without much trouble. I would try to find a groom with +fertility traits like hedonist (a rather rare one) or lustful. Avoid chastity and of course celibate in a future mate for your little princess. As in other cases, having some traits in common makes for a happier marriage, leading to some fertility events AFAIK.

Marry two cellebate people together and see how many offspring they have. I bet someone has managed to get a sizable family without cheating. This game can be rather random. Ive seen two lustfull headonists who are both charismatic negociators fail to have children. it is just how the random number generator hits that makes it possible.

If your heir is female you need to arrange a matrilineal marriage. But if you are arranging a betrothal how do you do this. Do you get an option when the marriage is actually going ahead to specify that is should be matrilineal?

You can betroth and then when both parties are of age you get the option but you usually have to ask for it specificlly. If it does not allow matralinial and you cant invite them to court then unless you are happy in a regular marriage you have to break the betrothal which is not good for relations.

You can betroth and then when both parties are of age you get the option but you usually have to ask for it specificlly. If it does not allow matralinial and you cant invite them to court then unless you are happy in a regular marriage you have to break the betrothal which is not good for relations.

Edit - She just turned 16. So i am proposing a matrilineal marriage for her. But the only option i ma getting is two courtiers from my own court. I dont know whay there are no other options. There are if i go for a normal marriage

What is the concept about being able to revoke one title for free from a rebellious vassal? What are the specifics?
That's more or less it. One title, no reputation hit. Then the vassals feel the treason has been paid for. But if he or she rebels again, then he or she is considered a traitor again. Not sure what happens if you free them, though.

That's more or less it. One title, no reputation hit. Then the vassals feel the treason has been paid for. But if he or she rebels again, then he or she is considered a traitor again. Not sure what happens if you free them, though.

So basically, if you win the war of their rebellion and imprison them, you can take any title from them you want, regardless of level of the title, and your vassals take no opinion hit against you?

Yes, it also says so when you go to revoke the title ("Since ____ is a traitor, vassals will not object")

Is there any game incentive to sending troops to wars that your allies call you in to? I can accept the call to arms to avoid the prestige hit and keep the alliance going, but why should I even mobilize levies/vassals to help out?

1) Should I try to marry off my sons myself, or will the AI find them more suitable wife once they go independent? (ie giving them duchy)

2) When is a good time to give my son duchy/kingdom? I gave my 10 yr old son Kingdom of Portugal and once he matures, he leaves my court. I can only arrange his marriage with someone in my court.. but that's not beneficial for him. Then he considers me a "foreign power" too because he wouldnt let me tutor my own grandson! Plus he sucks at defending... all the lands I gave him are being invaded slowly :(

Also when I give people duchies, should I include all the titles below it? or better if I keep them to myself and just grant them whichever one they wish?

3) What should I do with daughters? Normally I try to arrange a marriage which will continue her bloodlines. But poweful males refuse this so I've to settle with normal Courtier. I'm thinking the heirs from that union are what will continue my Dynasty.

4) After I build a holdings, is it better to give it someone you specifically choose? I notice there's an option to "Vassalize" that holding.. giving it a random ruler.

5) How do I uncover more plots? The only thing left in ambition is to kill off my wife. Sometimes I get cool ambitions like lower crown authority, kill etc, etc.

Last edited: