• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is this "Warrior Cult" read everywhere? and how do I get it?

It´s a building (AI) Pagans get to bolster their numbers. It´s not available for any other religions.

To fabricate a claim on a dutchy, do I place my guy in one of the counties of the dutchy and just wait for the event? Or do I need to put him in the location of the person who holds the dutchy title if the owner doesnt "live" in the dutchy?

To fabricate a claim on a dutchy, do I place my guy in one of the counties of the dutchy and just wait for the event? Or do I need to put him in the location of the person who holds the dutchy title if the owner doesnt "live" in the dutchy?
You can place the chancellor in a county that is de jure part of the duchy and when you manage to fabricate a claim, there is a percentage chance that it will be a claim on the duchy based on your chancellor's diplomacy skill: 10% for 15-17 diplomacy, 20% for 18-19 diplomacy and 30% for over 20 diplomacy. You cannot fabricate a claim on a duchy if your chancellor's diplomacy skill is under 15. This is correct for patch 1.06b.

Last edited:
I thought that I had to put him in the Capital of the Duchy to get a claim... didn't know the DJ Area of the Duchy mattered... so if you wanted to make a claim for Carinthia on the Duke of Baden (primary) and Carinthia, you put your chancellor in one of his carinthian vassals and get a chance to have the claim on the duchy???

I thought that I had to put him in the Capital of the Duchy to get a claim... didn't know the DJ Area of the Duchy mattered... so if you wanted to make a claim for Carinthia on the Duke of Baden (primary) and Carinthia, you put your chancellor in one of his carinthian vassals and get a chance to have the claim on the duchy???
I should have probably been clearer. I think that you have to be fabricating a claim on a county controlled by the owner of the duchy for the event to trigger, but which one doesn't matter (his capital could be in another duchy entirely!). In your example, if you put your chancellor in any county in de jure Carinthia that is part of the Duke of Carinthia's personal demesne then you will have a chance of fabricating a claim on the duchy providing your chancellor has at least 15 diplomacy.

Code:
# Try to claim duchy title
			if = {
				limit = {
					diplomacy = 15
					NOT = { diplomacy = 18 }
					liege = {
						ROOT = {
							location = {
								duchy = {
									NOT = { claimed_by = PREVPREVPREV } <<< Not already claimed - by chancellor
									holder_scope = {
										NOT = { is_liege_of = ROOT } <<< Can not fabricate a claim on chancellors liege - I don't get this line seems irrelevent, but could mean dejure liege though
										NOT = { character = ROOT } <<< can not fabricate a claim on your chancellor obviously
										owns = PREVPREV <<< holder owns the location you chancellor is fabricating
									}
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}
				random = {
					chance = 10
					location = {
						duchy = {
							holder_scope = {
								set_character_flag = duchy_claimed
								character_event = { id = 20130 days = 1 }
							}
						}
					}
					set_character_flag = claim_done
				}
			}

As perptualmuse has said, yes you must be fabricating in a de jure province of the duchy, which is held by the duke.

Ah, I see; that's just defining bounds then. Awesome. I'm pretty sure I wanted to ask something completely unrelated to that before but now I can't remember it. Meh, it'll come back to me soon enoguh I guess

In my current game, I am the Holy Roman Empire. The King of Acquitaine is one of my vassals. The Duchy of Poitiers was held by a Muslim, so I pressed the claims of one of my courtiers. When I won, Poitiers became an independent duchy. When I offered the new Duke vassalization, he declined noting that I am not his de jure leige.

Is that right? His de jure leige is my vassal, and his de jure kingdom is part of my empire. Have I hit on a bug? Or is the thinking that my vassal could offer him vassalization as his de jure leige, but because I am only the de facto leige of his king, I can't offer vassalization?

(Also, has anyone ever suggested that the devs patch in rally points? Maybe it will be a moot point with the new combat system, but man, is it a pain massing all the troops from across the HRE)

In my current game, I am the Holy Roman Empire. The King of Acquitaine is one of my vassals. The Duchy of Poitiers was held by a Muslim, so I pressed the claims of one of my courtiers. When I won, Poitiers became an independent duchy. When I offered the new Duke vassalization, he declined noting that I am not his de jure leige.

Is that right? His de jure leige is my vassal, and his de jure kingdom is part of my empire. Have I hit on a bug? Or is the thinking that my vassal could offer him vassalization as his de jure leige, but because I am only the de facto leige of his king, I can't offer vassalization?

(Also, has anyone ever suggested that the devs patch in rally points? Maybe it will be a moot point with the new combat system, but man, is it a pain massing all the troops from across the HRE)

is aquataine de jure(so not de facto) part fo the HRE? if not, then you are not his de jure liege. you are your vassels de facto liege and thus not his de jure.

This is working as designed and not a bug. If you want to press a claim for the duchy in this case, you either need to land the claimant beforehand or press the claim for someone of your dynasty.

Levy management is a real pain for large empires, but we can only hope they will improve the interface for this...

Patch 1.06b - should sea provices around Barcelona named like PROV(number). Is it OK?
They shouldn't be named like that, they should be "Golfo de Valencia" and "Golfe du Lion". It sounds like some of your game files might have got messed up. If your checksum displayed on the title screen is not LFOE, try reinstalling the game, or verifying your game files on steam.

To Verify Files in Steam right click on game icon and select Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity...

So I did a Muslim Invasion of Italy against HRE. With the cities I demanded conversion but kept local rulers in place but this backfired on me later when one of the cities went back to the HRE. Why did this happen? The succession is Open Elective so how did HRE take the city back?

How do you fight crusaders that don't own land? In my game only 1 Country (Iceland) remains Catholic. The pope (Rome is controlled by Muslims) has called a crusade on France, close ally and a member of my Dynasty. so I offered my fellow Cathars the support of the Irish Empire :), Iceland fell, and the holy orders lost there troops in France before I even made it back down there. So here I am fighting a crusade against Iceland, the Papacy, and 4 or so Holy Orders. the problem. the Papacy doesn't exists outside the Vatican, and me and France Recently removed the last holy orders from the map. Do I have to just sit and wait, hoping they finally give up?

How do you fight crusaders that don't own land? In my game only 1 Country (Iceland) remains Catholic. The pope (Rome is controlled by Muslims) has called a crusade on France, close ally and a member of my Dynasty. so I offered my fellow Cathars the support of the Irish Empire :), Iceland fell, and the holy orders lost there troops in France before I even made it back down there. So here I am fighting a crusade against Iceland, the Papacy, and 4 or so Holy Orders. the problem. the Papacy doesn't exists outside the Vatican, and me and France Recently removed the last holy orders from the map. Do I have to just sit and wait, hoping they finally give up?

What do you mean? Is the problem that you're having difficulty bringing up a menu to interact with the Pope so as to Offer Peace? If that's the case you need to click on his Coat of Arms in any of various locations - and then click on the Pope himself. It should be clickable in the War pop-up for the war. Or you can search for the Pope in the Characters screen.

I am not the main target in the war so I can not offer peace. war score was about 40. (he has since canceled the crusade) the problem is/was that I was fighting against enemies who didn't have land to target. So how do you win, when you can't fight.