• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is there any way to change the primary holding of a county? because alot of my vassal counties have Bishopirics as the primary holding, is there any way to change it to the barrony?

is there any way to change the primary holding of a county? because alot of my vassal counties have Bishopirics as the primary holding, is there any way to change it to the barrony?

If you hold the bishop title, you can make the Baron the primary title holder, by giving the county to him. This will make the Barony the primary title and he will give the bishop title to someone else.

There is no way to do this without gifting the county.

Revoke the county title, then give it to the baron in the county.
if only I could afford to take the hit to my opinion... about half of France is ruled by bishops, thats ALOT of titles to revoke

And how do I do that? (It's my first time playing CKII...)

Use plots (under the intrigue menu) or pay assassins to kill the current king. If his heir is still underage, or someone rebels against him (civil war) you can press your wife's claim.

Otherwise you could wait till your son inherits your wife's claim, and then declare war to press it.

WTF!!! I thought that if I gave my son heir a bishopric (which I had to forcefully take), he would be disinherited. But the game won't let me disinherit my heir. I thought this was common practice.

WTF!!! I thought that if I gave my son heir a bishopric (which I had to forcefully take), he would be disinherited. But the game won't let me disinherit my heir. I thought this was common practice.

The only way to disinherit your direct heir is to imprision them. Granting bishopric's and making heirs to Bishoprics are to remove others from the line of succession.

The only way to disinherit your direct heir is to imprision them. Granting bishopric's and making heirs to Bishoprics are to remove others from the line of succession.

In the end, I killed him. He sucked and my second son's son will inherit the Kingdom of Rus.

I didn't know that imprisoning him would do the trick, thanks.

Does imprisoning an heir actually stop them from inheriting?
No. The only way to prevent them from inheriting is appointing them as heir to a Bishopric or them being dead.
You can always imprison your heir and hope he dies in the dungeons/oubliette. Also it usually is easier to assassinate people in your dungeon, since they get a diplomacy hit and you can invite all your courtiers to the plot. A rather blunt method is executing him, but this will give you a quite large relations hit with your vassals/court.
Now you only need to find a good reason to imprison your heir...

Question: What effects does the difficulty settings have? So far I only played on the defaults.

How do I call for a Jihad as the Sunni Caliph, I only see holy wars currently, the year is 1068 and I can't jihad for any territories.

The character of special interest button is greyed out for every charecter and I can't use it. I can use the go to location button for example but I can't make a charecter of special interest. Any idea what the reasong could be?

I'm playing as Geoffrey Plantagenet, Count of Anjou, and I want to become King of England. Hiw can i claim the english crown? (I know my wife Mathilda as a claim)
The Plantagenets were a bad seed. Why whould you want to do that to England again? :p