• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've read several places about a method of vasselizing independent rulers if they are in your dejure lands.

In my game I'm the Kingdom of Italy, overflowing over my borders. But there are still a few counties claimed by others. (2 of the 3 counties of Pisa, and Sardinia) How do I generously "offer" my lordship over them? (Or is this only capable with a mod) Is there some menu option somewhere I'm missing?

It's in the diplomacy screen, "Offer Vassalization". Counts will probably say yes if you hold the de jure Duchy title, and it's tougher if you are just the King overliege and have already given away the Ducal title to another of your vassals.
edit- if their primary title is outside your realm and just hold provinces within your deJure kingdom, you won't get the option.

Yes during rebellions or whatever kind of war between a vassal and his liege the borders display all rebels as independent factions.
You can check out what kind of war is ongoing where in several tooltips and screens, for example the "Current Wars" Screen (Button below the minimap) or by clicking on a county and moving your mouse over the symbol of wars and truces the owner is running at the moment.

If the rebels do not fight for independence, but to install a new liege for example, or to change a law (lowered crown authority or elective succession usually, sometimes seniority in case of an old dynasty member) then the Realm indeed reunites when the war is done, no matter who won.

Oh yeah I believe someone with a Dev tag claimed the opposite somewhere yesterday, Tournaments are still broken

CBCBF21CF6E59D9918DB3CA91C285959638EDEEB
(The precice quote was "I haven't been troubled by it in quite a while".)
Days without a tournament accident (even if I did not die this time:happy:): 0

Last edited:
How do I get rid of a county I don't want? I'm England and have a single county in the middle of France and the HRE which is more trouble than it's worth.

Also some people gave me advice about inviting people to my realm but none of them want to come even if their opinion of me is at 100, how do you get your man?

How do I get rid of a county I don't want? I'm England and have a single county in the middle of France and the HRE which is more trouble than it's worth.

Also some people gave me advice about inviting people to my realm but none of them want to come even if their opinion of me is at 100, how do you get your man?

Give the county to someone who hates you and/or make the count hate you via repeatedly council firing (vanilla) or honorary title revoking (CK2+). When they get rebellious, Grant Independence (diplomacy). Make sure he's not content, preferably find someone who's ambitious - some personalities won't rebel even at -100.

Regarding getting people into your court, the best way is to find someone with claims, but if not it's got to be someone who is negative towards their lord and loves the hell outta you. It takes a lot to overcome 'no reason to move' + 'general reluctance' and it can be frustrating sometimes cuz you'll count up the plus and minuses and it's positive and they still won't come.

How does the Pope get elected? I want to get a family member on the Papal throne but I don't know how the mechanics work to do it short of making an anti-pope.

I am the King of Ireland. I have the opportunity to marry my male heir to a vassal of the King of Scotland. When my current character dies and my heir becomes King of Ireland, what will happen to the county he had previously occupied? Will it stay in the Kingdom of Scotland or will it transfer over to Ireland? Will my heir be a vassal of the King of Scotland?

Hello, i been collecting kingdoms and creating kingdoms for a while in my game as norway i have quite alot and thats why i get problems with my vassal, because the penelty for desire kingdom i so big, is there anyway to stop them for wanting my kingdom and ploting for it? i currently have: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, Finnland, England, Ireland, Jerusalem and Egypt.

I also get the penelty for a farway kingdom, is there anway to not have them hating me for just be oversea?
another strategy i was thinking about was taking the holy roman empire and giving my sons the kingdoms.

Anyone have here have a suggeistion on what i can do to inscrease my relationship my underlings. Since i always give my heir a lot of land he starts getting pissed at me for not dying soon enough and he start to rebel even when he is the heir to everything:<

I am the King of Ireland. I have the opportunity to marry my male heir to a vassal of the King of Scotland. When my current character dies and my heir becomes King of Ireland, what will happen to the county he had previously occupied? Will it stay in the Kingdom of Scotland or will it transfer over to Ireland? Will my heir be a vassal of the King of Scotland?

I think once you marry him you should give him some land. Once a character is landed they become your vassal and won't switch to a new liege. Your heir won't control the county in Scotland, his wife will, so it will remain part of Scotland. But, their child will be the heir to the titles of both parents, so if this child is the heir to Ireland and the county in Scotland, when he ascends to the throne the county will become part of Ireland.

Edit: A question of my own. Is there a way to tell who is the heir of other kingdoms? I'm King of Ireland and some other stuff, and the King of Norway is also the King of England. His heir is only listed as heir to King of Norway, it does not mention England, so I'm not sure who will inherit England on his death.

Edit 2: Never mind, the King just died and his heir inherited both Kingdoms so I guess it just wasn't listed for some reason.

Last edited:

The county will stay in Scotland and your character will go back to Ireland to rule. The heir of your heir and his wife will inherit both Ireland and the county in Scotland assuming the inheritance laws are set up the right way.

Hey everyone. First time playing any Paradox game so I'm a little out of my element. I've been reading guides and watching videos so I understand some strategy, but I'm struggling with something I know has an easy answer.

I can't figure out how to attack. As I said, I have been reading and watching, so I understand you need to fabricate claims, declare war, raise levies, etc. But once my army pops up, I don't know what buttons to push to physically have them move to the area I want them to attack and siege.

Thanks in advance for any help with this question I even feel a little silly for asking. Have a good day.

Hey everyone. First time playing any Paradox game so I'm a little out of my element. I've been reading guides and watching videos so I understand some strategy, but I'm struggling with something I know has an easy answer.

I can't figure out how to attack. As I said, I have been reading and watching, so I understand you need to fabricate claims, declare war, raise levies, etc. But once my army pops up, I don't know what buttons to push to physically have them move to the area I want them to attack and siege.

Thanks in advance for any help with this question I even feel a little silly for asking. Have a good day.

All you need to do is select the unit you want to move and right click on the county you want it to move to. :)

I have a silly question too.

Just loaded CK2 1st time, and actually decided to read the manual.
Page 9 states "Video function allows you to custom-ize screen resolution, refresh rate, multisample, and gamma. You can also decide whether or not you would like trees in the game. This checkbox is not just for hippies and loggers: the trees enhance the visual appeal of the game"
I find no Trees checkbox option. Error in manual?

tnx

Win7 64
I7 3.4 GHz
Sandybridge
8 GB ram
Radeon HD 5970 Black

How does the Pope get elected? I want to get a family member on the Papal throne but I don't know how the mechanics work to do it short of making an anti-pope.

A courtier in the popes court is chosen as the new pope. Its Open Elective, the same as for republics.

The only way you can put a family member on the papal throne is by creating an anti pope then pressing their claim, their is no realistic way of doing it through politicking.

My wife, a vassal of the King of England, has rebelled against her lord and invited me to join her in her war for independence. The King of England is showing a negative warscore (which I think is bad?) on the icon which appears in the lower right hand portion of the screen. I read somewhere that the way to win via warscore was to hold/acquire key objectives. Where are these objectives listed? I don't see them indicated anywhere.

My wife, a vassal of the King of England, has rebelled against her lord and invited me to join her in her war for independence. The King of England is showing a negative warscore (which I think is bad?) on the icon which appears in the lower right hand portion of the screen. I read somewhere that the way to win via warscore was to hold/acquire key objectives. Where are these objectives listed? I don't see them indicated anywhere.

The +/- % in the bottom right icon is the war progress, having negative means your side is losing. Wars are won by two main things:
Battles
and Occupation

Occupying enemy counties gradually raises your warscore over time, some counties count for more (such as London's county if its England's capital). You can click on that icon and it'll bring up the screen from that war, then hover your mouse over the middle part of it that shows the % and a tooltip showing exactly whats granting warscore should pop up.

Can I get some tips for playing as Sweden? I've just started a new playthrough as them and I think they're harder to play as than they were in CK. Also, how do I fight the big armies of the neighboring pagan regions? I'm stumped... my only idea is to combine every army I have into a massive superarmy and go from there.

Also also, what are some easier nations to start out as?

Last edited: