• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not the most unusual of screenshots, compared to some crazy maps, but I do love when random, unrelated events link together.

Young Despot Porphyrios, ascended to the throne not even half a week old when his father died from an incapacitating head injury. No father figure to raise him right, his Frankish mother embezzling royal funds... Thankfully, his tutor steered him down the right path, raising him in his father's absence to be a diligent, gregarious king-in-making. Unfortunately...

CfaVTeU.jpg

PSfb8lz.jpg

Come on, it was his first time :p

Yy2a2JR.jpg

A meager twelve years of age and the young king has to be a father before he's even fit to rule the kingdom.

His noble tutor dies infirm, leaving the education of Porphyrios undetermined. He's 15 by now, diligent, zealous, honest, gregarious, and fantastic diplomatic tact. For his final year of study, he will focus instead on the stewardship of rulership. Who in the realm would be most qualified? The Baroness that hooked up with him in a drunken fling when he was just a boy. Typically, she taught him to let loose, indulge, and enjoy life, enforcing his gluttony.

No worries. A few ways to take care of that. The boy has become a man, and now it's time to carve out his own destiny! History will forever remember--!

WnCbkDn.jpg

...oh. Live fast, die young, leave a pock-marked corpse.
This kid sure is a playa...

QZzCW1i.jpg

Playing as Rashka, I looked over at the Middle East real quick, and I saw a pagan coat of arms over Galilee. I thought it was a Norse prepared invasion, but it turned out to be something else.

RtOOz1b.jpg

While I was looking at Vyacheslav's page, he died from disease and this guy inherited. So now we have Russian Slavic pagans in Galilee. His vassals are all Norse culture and Slavic religion too.

nBfKf7R.jpg

Then, one of the nearby Sunni dutchies declares a holy war for their lands and they convert. One of his vassals is still Slavic, by the way.

I have no idea how they even got there in the first place. I think it could've been a Norse religion adventurer who converted to Slavic while he was invading, and he had "the Conqueror" nickname successful adventurers get.

I have absolutely no idea. I was playing custom dynasty christian, german ruler and I had christian wife. Maybe its a conspiracy stating that there is more than one god?

Like that event with Satan and Shaytan... only there both are named.

We both want children..

Interesting. The third choice is supposed to trigger for muslim group only.

Sometimes..

event in spoiler

Code:
#Childless marriage
character_event = {
    id = 64090
    desc = "EVTDESC64090"
    picture = GFX_evt_lovers

min_age = 25
    max_age = 40
    only_rulers = yes
    capable_only = yes

trigger = {
        war = no
        in_command = no
        is_married = yes
        NOT = {
            num_of_children = 1
        }
        spouse = {
            is_alive = yes
            is_abroad = no
            prisoner = no
            any_lover = { character = ROOT }

NOT = {
                num_of_children = 1
            }
        }
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
        months = 120

modifier = {
            factor = 0.5
            NOT = {
                fertility = 0.4
            }
        }
    }

option = {
        name = "EVTOPTA64090" #Ask for God's help with our childless marriage
        trigger = {
            NOT = {    religion = buddhist }
            NOT = {    religion = jain }
            NOT = {    religion_group = muslim }
        }
        random_list = {
            70 = {
            }
            20 = {
                spouse = {
                    fertility = 0.2
                }
            }
            10 = {
                spouse = {
                    fertility = 0.1
                }
            }
        }
    }
    option = {
        name = "EVTOPTB64090" #Meet with X every night
        add_trait = stressed
        random_list = {
            40 = {
            }
            30 = {
                spouse = {
                    fertility = 0.2
                }
            }
            20 = {
                spouse = {
                    fertility = 0.1
                }
            }
            10 = {
                health = -2
            }
        }
    }
    option = {
        name = "EVTOPTC64090" #Ask for Allah's help with our childless marriage
        [B]trigger = {
            religion_group = muslim[/B]
        }
        random_list = {
            70 = {
            }
            20 = {
                spouse = {
                    fertility = 0.2
                }
            }
            10 = {
                spouse = {
                    fertility = 0.1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

BF9B3C4CD58283381C513B197F0D8F6795744E7D

So she's called "The Chaste" yet she's lustful and cheated on me twice?

91E07605BB6FE9019E8DBAB3B81BDEA9493F97FE

This is so wrong. My King just had the "Might fancy me" event with his own bastard daughter from his first lover. Naturally I had to go through to see what happened.

B7A155E43526C4930B2A9BC989E85A7AAA85176D

A little while later, following my first king's death, I'm offered an affair. It's my dead father's lover's bastard child/also lover. Like mother, like daughter. Like father, like son.

Ooh, I'd guess "Kingdoms and Titles Abound" (/similar) mod with a shattered world scenario.

Correct. I made Kingdoms creatable at 2 duchies and empires creatable at 3 kingdoms in the parameters and then did a full history generation. After loading up, I spent the first couple in-game months messing with the setup to get a pretty cool scenario then started playing as the duchy of Orleans. It's a pretty awesome tool and will definitely help with what was getting to be a pretty stale gameplay experience after 300+ hours.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-(and-Empires)-Abound-Titular-Title-Generator

Never realized this was in the game, makes me inexplicably happy. :laugh: Bonus points for it being a Karling!

I3vh1he.jpg
Damn Karling popes...