• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2wd63rc.jpg

F4AFCA67AE5E4EB8582C0EF6D0BA9E797C4C91A4

The Lollard Emperor who is leading the Frankish Empire that Charlemange created in my game to hersey. It already is the largest hersey ingame and hes converted all his possible heirs to it. If Lollard converts all of Francia I think it may even threaten the legitimacy of the Catholic Church since im encroaching on the lombards in italy making the lands of the British Isles the last kingdoms ruled by Catholic nobility if Lombardy falls.

rNmwkOs.pngp

This isn't really weird, but I had to laugh. Even in another timeline, England is still eager to quickly marry Mary of Scotland. Literally the day after she turned sixteen the English were like, "OHOHOHOHOHOHOH HEYA!"

Napoleon? Frederick the Great? Hannibal? Amateurs, all of them.

nrW3A1W.jpg

Well, he's at least quite confident...

Never seen that event, cool!

This is a story about the man who saved Christendom.

So I was playing a Charlemagne playthrough. Was playing as Charlemagne's grandson, the third Holy Roman Emperor, Emperor Karl II, when I decided that since things were going well I would attack the Ummayads.

Unfortunately due to them being on good relations with all the Muslims in the world, I ended up fighting a few more people than I thought I was going to.

1BFF20FF3DCC1BE3085E7FDA695594239C2ABD90

So just to clarify, out of 987 Muslim vassals and rulers in the world, I was at war with 907. There were only 80 Muslim landholders in the world, that were not at war with me.

I decided I would press forth and try and defeat the Umayyads before the rest of Islam got to me.

I was happily trouncing the 19,000 strong Hispanic armies with my 17,000 strong, loyal, Christian army trying to win the war before this guy arrived.

28D23A5B475C4632AF4F5B4545E3A459CECC6137

Caliph Mahdi 'the Great', Conqueror of Africa, Subjugator of Persia, and Bane of Byzantium, at the head of his 35,000 man armies.

I carried on fighting the Umayyads and smaller allies in Aragon, defeating about 20k of troops whilst losing about 5k myself. Had a good 55% warscore.

Then it happened...

The Crown Prince of the Abbasid's, heir to all of Islam from Tunsia to Kashmir began his invasion of Hungary.

FE3BEB9443187B55820FA539E1A4FD8AECBDC8A9

Well his Highness' armies 'brutally' tore through my unguarded provinces, with no one stepping in his way.

Then after six months of strolling around hungary his armies pulled back to his own lands and the Abbasid's sent no more troops.

So I continued my battle with the Umayyad armies when I realised that the real threat had only just appeared. The Great Caliph himself was sailing straight towards my empire, ready to land in the Bay of Biscay and surround my troops in spain.

98ABCE3D7A00934027B537CFBA3153916CE10C59

So the Caliph had landed with his 'army' but fortunately a Navarrese noble rode forth to do battle with the Great Caliph.

3CA0DEB2602BD91980E883A76D83AA63C3DB3B19

And the brave count defeated Mahdi the Great, ruler of the most powerful Muslim state since the Umayyad Caliphate at it's greatest extent.

Mahdi the Great retreated through Spain and never returned, leading to the success of Karl II, Emperor of the Romans in Liberating Aragon.

And that is the story of how an Amateur Plotter defeated the forces of Islam. All hail Saint Frances of Bearn, savior of Christendom!

DA99B8C46C920B365CB2FBA31695044C86FBFEBC

Last edited:
FC3A7184AB9FAB7AB460848A0364207C1405AA37

92D95DB03C13C644899D5B3C1BADDFB7BEAED509

Well, good luck with that.

Are you sure it is female or just a guy with really long hair that looks like a female ?. Which sometimes does happen in games . Still is strange indeed

It's actually not to too strange :p I was Norse, which can employ female court chaplains, then I converted to christendom while the female priestess remained employed :) but it looked strange first!

FC3A7184AB9FAB7AB460848A0364207C1405AA37

92D95DB03C13C644899D5B3C1BADDFB7BEAED509

Well, good luck with that.

I don't know if its, 'the wise' nickname, or the fact he's also a heretic. Not that heresies mind in Persia. God save Saoshyant Gausbert the most and truly Wise! All hail Fratizoaster!

The War of Five Kings:

C6OfUJV.jpg

The "real" king is some bastard nephew of Harold Godwinsson named Hacon. The pretenders are Harold Godwinsson himself, William the Conqueror (who apparently were booted right back to Normandy after his conquest), and two Hwicces in the north. Hacon's only supporters are another of Godwin uncle and an underage cousin, earl Harold de Vexin-Amiens of Dorset (that has changed culture to Anglo-Saxon), and William the Conqueror's oldest son down in Maine.

And in addition to this clusterfuck of a civil war we also have France, who also wanted in on this free for all and pressed his claims on Normandy. The only corner of the British Isles that's still in relative peace is Cornwall, which is under Norwegian control, and even then Norway is busy wrecking havoc up in Scotland.

The War of Five Kings:

View attachment 116942

The "real" king is some bastard nephew of Harold Godwinsson named Hacon. The pretenders are Harold Godwinsson himself, William the Conqueror (who apparently were booted right back to Normandy after his conquest), and two Hwicces in the north. Hacon's only supporters are another of Godwin uncle and an underage cousin, earl Harold de Vexin-Amiens of Dorset (that has changed culture to Anglo-Saxon), and William the Conqueror's oldest son down in Maine.

That is actually quite cool. I am not sure if I should be glad or sorry that such thing never happened to me. It would have been epic.

0gxeRcq.jpg

-Well, maybe we didn't have rain in the last couple of years, but fortunately the snow is coming regularly.