• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice update! Allies seem to play as offesive as they can without taking dangerous risk. Like! Its good to bleed the Axis already at this point. Not that these losses will break them, but if it continues it will be taxing. And these small losses will hurt when attacking the Bear while trying to cover up the back. Axis seem to have been aggressive in Europe. I wonder how that how affected the US threat/netrality relation.

Axis seem to have been aggressive in Europe. I wonder how that how affected the US threat/netrality relation.

We will post our next AAR soon.

For the moment, I can say when USA reached the following milestones:

- "Limited Emergency" in July 1940... Yugoslavian/Bulgarian campaign
- "Destroyers for base" in November 1940... Spain/Greece campaign
- "Unlimited Emergency" on Jan. 3rd 1941... Switzerland campaign
- "Undeclared War" on Jan. 3rd 1941... sum of everything

... e.g. we are almost on total war economy since the start of 1941. So, the body is almost in the same mood as our spirit ("War!, War!).

:cool:

August 1940

With their lines broken, our brave armies stream past Paris as they cut off the lines of retreat from the fleeing enemy. An armor group led by Field Marshall Rommel heads southeast to link up with infantry, led by Field Marshall von Reichenau, near Melun.

HoI3_24.jpg

Paratroops from 10th Corps, led by General Student, captured the bridges over the Seine, and opened the way into Paris for the ground forces led by Field Marshall von Manstein.

HoI3_25.jpg

With France finally under our bootheel, our eyes have turned south. Our brave armies, once again led by Field Marshall Rommel, have conquered Spain, and besieged the fortress of Gibraltar. While the British sit smugly behind their earthworks, a special surprise awaits them.

HoI3_26.jpg

Last edited:
This picture is prior to September 4th 1940 (Fall of France).

Your AAR looks truncated. Is it ?

Having trouble with the pic.

There, much better now.

Last edited:
USA AAR
TOP OF THE 5th INNING

NEW POST MARCH 26th
NORTH AMERICAN MP GAME #2

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?584260-North-America-Series-2-FTM

THE UNDECLARED WAR!
Chicago Herald Tribune
Winter 1941

Between August 1st 1940 and March 4th 1941, the World was shaken like never before, as Democracies in Europe fell one after the other, conquered by ruthless Axis members. France on September 4th 1940, Greece on December 4th 1940, Switzerland soon after, and Spain on January 3rd 1941. As the Empire of the Sun’s aggressive and imperialist threat did in Asia throughout 1939-1040, the Fascist and Nazi threat rose in Europe in 1940-1941. The Free World is falling apart. Only the United Kingdom and its Allies stand firm against the oppression.

On January 6th 1941, US President Franklin D. Roosevelt, acknowledging the fact the USA won’t be able to stay out of this conflict very long, in address to the People of America, had those words:

"In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms:

- The first is freedom of speech and expression, everywhere in the world.
- The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way, everywhere in the world.
- The third is freedom from want which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants,
everywhere in the world.
- The fourth is freedom from fear which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a
position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbour, anywhere in the world.

That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable in our own time and generation. That kind of world is the very antithesis of the so-called new order of tyranny which the dictators seek to create with the crash of a bomb."

The President during his address to the Nation

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e6af355183388b4a#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A!156

(1) Click to see the picture
(2) Source: Wikipedia

This address was following a list of US decisions taken by The President in 19401-1941, in conformity with powers previously granted by the Congress:

- Limited Emergency Status declared in July 1940
- Destroyers for Bases agreement with UK, in November 1940
- Unlimited Emergency Status on Jan. 3rd 1941

Following his address to the Nation, The President, ordered the Undeclared War Status. According to this new status, the Navy is authorized to seek and destroy any ships with a German flagship. Moreover, full industrial mobilization was also ordered. Management of this was granted to the newly created Office of Production Management. With this latest set of decisions, the USA economy is now almost totally geared toward the war efforts. “We shall become the Arsenal of Democracy”, were the words of Secretary of Defense Wagner.

The Navy is out, sinking unauthorised ships in the Security Perimeter

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e6af355183388b4a#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A!157

(1) Click to see the picture

Workers unite to fight back Overseas threat [New image]

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e6af355183388b4a#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A!158

(1) Click to enlarge the picture
(2) Source:

Last edited:
Too late I'm afraid. I have removed the image in your last post, Paglia. Swastikas are expressly forbidden by board rules in any way, shape or form, so please do not post any more in the future. Thank you.

Last edited:
Too late I'm afraid. I have removed the image in your last post, Paglia. Swastikas are expressly forbidden by board rules in any way, shape or form, so please do not post any more in the future. Thank you.

Sorry, my fault. I'll post something different.

Edit: 3rd image of post #108 has been modified to be in line with the Forum rules.

Last edited:
@Confinement - I look forwards to see how you tackle Gibraltar. As you might have seen in my AAR I failed miserably to take it :(

@Confinement - I look forwards to see how you tackle Gibraltar. As you might have seen in my AAR I failed miserably to take it :(

Yes, will be interesting to see if he fares better than GER/ITA did in the latest Carnage serie. Initial assaults (last session) were not strong enough: acccording to UK, GER never got more than 10%. But, we shall see tomorrow.

Just to help readers follow the game, USA just announced that in case of a joint DoW by JAP & GER against USSR, USA will just observe for the moment being. As was agreed among players, we will wait for The Great Patriotic War event to be triggered to consider that USSR needs help...

Our initial HR was modified to postpone a little any USA intervention against JAP/GER in case they both DoW USSR. Our former rule stated that any DoW against an European Power was to be treated as a DoW against USA. But, since we were not sure as to whether our intent was to actually include USSR in the mix of the European nations... we had to discuss this again.

USA AAR
6th INNING

UPDATED POST APRIL 2nd
NORTH AMERICAN MP GAME #2

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?584260-North-America-Series-2-FTM

CLASH OF THE TITANS: THE AXIS vs THE SOVIET BEAR
Chicago Herald Tribune
Summer 1941

On June 23rd, Axis Nations declared war on the Bolshevik State of USSR, thus expanding the European and East Asian conflict to Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Previously, Axis forces closed the Gibraltar channel to Allies shipping and turned their attention to Suez.

The Offensive in Eastern Europe

German panzer divisions in North and Center, and Romanian army in the South, launched a joint assault on the Soviet Bear. Axis troops made steady progress during 2 weeks and then, the offensive took an unexpected turn… Reports of a “thin and stretched” German front were intercepted by US Embassy in Moscow and, as the invasion seems to stall quickly, the following reports can be made right now:

(1) In the North: Troops quickly hit a wall in the North and start retreating toward the Polish frontier after only 2 weeks of campaign. Soviet troops enter Memel in early July.

(2) Center: Initial push took the troops South of Kiev, capital of Ukraine. The OKW probably thought that, given the lack of fortifications in that sector, Soviet defences would be easier to crush in that region. Their assessment seemed to be right, so far, as the German advance is steady and is growingly threatening USSR bread basket. The bulk of the German panzer divisions seem to have been allocated on that front.

(3) South: Romanian Army made a strong push that took veterans of the Balkans war deep into the Soviet territory, while they almost reach the Dnestr. Combats were fierce and old style WWI assaults were frequent on that front as both sides relied heavily on infantry and artillery during the assault.

Der Öste Front

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e6af355183388b4a#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A!167

Central Asia

“Tora! Tora! Tora!”… As German and Romanian troops were crossing the frontier in Eastern Europe, Japanese troops launched multiple assaults all along the Sino-Soviet frontier, from Sinkiang to Vladivostock.

(1) Sinkiang: Japanese troops, heavily reinforced by their local allies, secured the area of the Irkutsk Dam in Central Asia, and took valuable energy resources from the Red Army.

(2) Manchukuo: While Japanese troops were attacking all Soviet borders forces and routing them rather easily, the STAVKA ordered an assault in the Southern Manchukuo to cut Japanese supply centers. As a result, combats are rather chaotic in that part of the world, as advances by both sides could modify the whole picture in the coming weeks.

(3) Vladivostock: The IJN made a huge port attack in support of a large amphibious assault on the shores of the Soviet Bear. Vladivostock garrison, overwhelmed, fought valiantly for 3 days before losing the city to the invaders.

As Japan is seizing gigantic chunk of USSR (Surrender progress is at 11% as we speak), The President of the United States, F.D. Roosevelt, asked the Congress to quickly assess if conditions for an USA entry in the war were met. The Special Committee on USA War Entry shall table its report in August 1941. Interest of the USA for the War rose dramatically over the last year, as American interests were threatened by Axis march to victory in Europe and Asia.

Empire of the Rising Sun expanding its sphere of influence

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e6af355183388b4a#cid=E6AF355183388B4A&id=E6AF355183388B4A!166

(2) Sorry for the typo in the picture, Japanese should have been written with 2 "a", instead of 3 "e"

Last edited:
Go Japan! Paint the world in white and red!

Nice to see the Russians putting up a fight, but not so nice to see Gibraltar fall. The Allies may have a tough time if Germany continues to advance into Soviet territory.

Just to clarify pagila, there is no russian counter offensive, i left that territory Russia occupied open there's a mountain line all the way down to korea which i set up a defensive line, he crashed into that and went no further as planned.

Just to clarify pagila, there is no russian counter offensive, i left that territory Russia occupied open there's a mountain line all the way down to korea which i set up a defensive line, he crashed into that and went no further as planned.

That's the main difficulty of trying to report from nearly outer space... :p

Revenge of the Germans!

Previously rebuked from Gibralter at a loss of several thousand men, the allies began the session believing that Germany had given up and was planning to attack lesser foe. We were wrong as the Germans once again turned their attention towards Gibralter.

German Forces massing
pic1zpx.jpg

Canadian CAS trying to weaken the Germans before the big attack. With this attack though the Germans quickly brought up interceptors rendering the large Canadian ground attack force useless. The Royal Canadan Airforce also suffered huge losses losing as much as 40% of their strength in some circumstances.
pic2bd.jpg

The German attack commences!
pic3bv.jpg

Gibralter has fallen!!! A crushing blow, but it came at a cost of 30,000 German casualties and perhaps more importantly several months of delays in attacking the Russian Bear. The British conducted an orderly retreat, and although exhausted, the men did their duty.
pic4b.jpg

Also, Canada widens its maritime empire seizing an important port and airfield to be used as a percursor to a potential Greek/Romanian invasion.
pic5ec.jpg

Overall, not much happend during the last session for Canada. Canada continued to build up its airforce and army, and while not having much of an impact on the war.

From the UK perspective, the Gibralatar loss was an ego blow (our latest batch of reinforcements was one sea province away when the German's finally broke through), but not really much of a tactical loss. While it requires British ships to traverse the length around Africa to get into the Med, this is a minor annoyance. The Axis are incapable of closing the Med, and I have no doubts they will eventually want the 3 months and 30k casualties they sustained assaulting the Rock back.

Outside of that, the British RAF continues to dominate the Luftwaffe, more subs sink everyday while British convoy losses have increased from last session but are still minimal in the macro picture, and opportunities abound for potential invasions in Romania, France, Spain, and Denmark. With complete control of the sea, the Axis have no option but to heavily garrison all of these areas, as the combined British/Canadian forces are now present in numbers that could dominate the Axis forces in any of these areas.

April 1940

Victory in the Mediterranean! Our armies have pushed the defenders of Gibraltar into the sea.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: