• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
3573560720_5565047213.jpg

The German Federation

It is with great regret that we announce we shall be sticking to the Pound. We cannot accept the money of the Prussian barbarians, while the Dollars are simply unstable. We would use the franc as it is probably the most stable currency. The French economy is also growing fast, however, the people are against such a move. As a result we are stuck with the pound.

OOC: Since the French economy is increasing rapidly and therefore the Franc doesn't that mean that anyone tied to the Franc will increase rapidly too?

OOC: Hmm, understood now. Indirectly we gamble a bit on the economic prognosis of the chosen nation...

OOC: Since the French economy is increasing rapidly and therefore the Franc doesn't that mean that anyone tied to the Franc will increase rapidly too?

If the Franc doubles in value, any money tied to the Franc doubles.

OOC: If it's currently at 0.7 and increases to 1, would that not be good? My knowledge of economics is poor though.

OOC: If it's currently at 0.7 and increases to 1, would that not be good? My knowledge of economics is poor though.

If it increases to 1, that would be good because it means all of their money is now more valuable. If you have paper money worth more than a Gold Unit, your getting VERY cheap things. Say Germany, who remains at 1, builds a factory. That's 100 Gold or 100 Marks. Now France, who's value is 2 Gold Units, pays 100 Gold or 50 Francs.

OOC: This could turn out very interesting.

OOC: How would that work for debt? For example: I'm 40 gold in debt right now. If for example I choose the dollar it means I have 80 dollar debt. If after a few turns the dollar rebounds to 1:1 parity with gold, would that mean that now I owe 80 gold and not 40 any more?

The bank does not change. If you are in debt 40 Gold, you are in debt 40 gold. This works like irl. If you want to pay off your debt, you need to convert your money into gold. (Or use your Income Gold). So let's say you turn 20 gold into 40 dollars. The Dollar just wet to parity with gold. You now doubled your gold units and can pay 40 gold off in debt.

OOC: Does this mean if we store up lots of gold and print less money than usual our local variation of our Currency will get stronger relative to other currencies.

OOC: Does this mean if we store up lots of gold and print less money than usual our local variation of our Currency will get stronger relative to other currencies.

More or less. I have a whole spreadsheet with the information.

The Empire of Brazil has decided that it will use the German mark as the basis for its new currency, the Real.

OOC : Btw, we all continue using our own currencies but they're tied to the one we are based on, right? So i could say i use a new currency, the Real, that is based on the German mark?

Last edited:
The Empire of Brazil has decided that it will use the German mark as the basis for its currency.

OOC : Btw, we all continue using our own currencies but they're tied to the one we are based on, right? So i could say i use a new currency, the Real, that is based on the German mark?

Correct. The Real will be paired 1:1 with the Mark. It will only change if you print more or less. OR if you Economy shits the bed.

There will ONLY be 5 Currencies at any given time. Once one becomes defunct or useless, I remove it and replace it with another one.

OOC : Ok, will edit and put it in that my currency is the Real, much easier to use than the old Brazilian currencies.

So it is possible that the Real ends up more valuable than the Mark, right?
*inserts Challenge accepted pic*

OOC: So if other nations build industry whilst their economy is based off the mark it will be good for the mark as well?

No, since the Mark is a benchmark, other currencies cannot effect it. But since it is a benchmark, it can effect other currencies. If the Brazilian Real has a massive boom in industry, and the value of the Real goes to 1.1 Gold Units, the Mark will stay at 1. If the Mark drops to .5, however, the Real will drop to .55.