• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:rolleyes:

Exactly. You fell for my lies. You were foolish enough to believe my empty promises (which were made for the express purpose of confusing you). I never intended to cooperate with Turkey...EVER. My moves throughout should have convinced you of that during my tenure as senior diplomat. You were to be destroyed. The fact that you see this as 'backstabbing' is interestingly illuminative of your own failings. In order to 'stab you in the back' in this instance, you had to willingly turn around and offer me your back...which you did.

I have always ACTED as your enemy. The fact that you were confused by my words says something fairly interesting about your style of play. Note also that Italy was highly satisfied with my moves in both of those turns. They benefitted me or my friends. Your insinuation that they were without benefit showcases how narrowly you look at the world. Austria is surrounded by four powers, and my movements may have been at the service of Germany, Russia, or Italy as well. Heck, at times, I could even have been trying to benefit Britain or France.

Now Italy has a legitimate grievance over Greece...caused by a communication breakdown between my minions, Italy, and myself. I was never told that Italy requested a 'transfer only' stance on Greece...and interestingly enough, ITALY NEVER MENTIONED IT TO ME. Why was that? I surmise that they had already decided to break off our heretofor amicable relations because they no longer trusted in our ability to grow at the same rate. This is a legitimate concern, and one I admit I handled poorly.

In short, and again I repeat....This is freakin diplomacy! If you don't expect to be lied to...you will end up small, insignificant, requesting the help of your fellow gullible players in trying to prevent the inevitable win of those who are much better at psychological manipulation.

The more I talk with the three of you, the more I realize that you didn't band together because I am some untrustworthy bastard that must be eliminated...you banded together because I am a BETTER untrustworthy bastard than you are alone...and your only hope of survival was an alliance of the fools.

It's actually hilarious when you think about it.

:rofl:

Egomaniac, much?

No, you are not better than us. You traded long term sustainable gains for short term gains which are unsustainable in the long run, barring foreign intervention (and if it's France, you're kinda dead anyway).

Greece...yes. That is as you say...

Of course, I wasn't the senior diplomat for that snafu. I was always against having Austria take Greece.

Venice was taken after it became obvious that you had joined up with the Turks.

esemesas said:
Egomaniac, much?

Exactly.

:D

Is TheExecuter leaving Austria?

Since this announcement may have been missed in the midst of the weeping and gnashing of anti-Austrian teeth...

TheExecuter, bane of Turkey, confounder of Russia, colleague of Italy, and close friend of Germany, has been forced to step down as Austrian diplomat...do to increased responsibilities in real life.

Rejoicing was heard in Moscow, Ankara, and Rome....while weeping was heard in Berlin.

A megamaniacal laugh has been reported from Paris, but this may just be an internet rumour.

This is a pity. Germany must reconsider her position.

Can I trust you or esemesas? I made my deals with TheExecuter, the rightful Senior Diplomat of Austria-Hungary. If he is indeed gone, so are our accords.

Assorted bullshit

If you are comfortable with the way that you play, why do you keep misrepresenting events? We've all agreed that it's not against the spirit of the game to play as you do. I don't even consider it unethical in some other fashion - it's part of the game. So why do you keep trying to say things happened that didn't?

For example you said, I quote: "Turkey I never agreed to anything to stab." I have presented two agreements we had after the one in which I got Greece. That's three off the top of my head, two of which you abrogated. Why lie about what you did if you think it was a good strategy? In the same manner you said that Reis begged you for the Lepanto, but now you say that you always intended to attack me - why the lies?

What we've said is that your strategy is a poor one. The game is called Diplomacy because you need to negotiate agreements in order to win. You can't do it alone. Your strategy has alienated most diplomatic partners. There's a reason the title is Diplomacy and not "Hobbesian Diplomacy". You have a potential 6 diplomatic partners to start the game and 50% (or more) of them now distrust you. I distrust you so strongly that in future games I'd consider you a lost cause and believe not a word of what you say. Leaving now is the best thing you could do for Austria, as it opens the door a crack to other people trusting you - although I cannot trust Esemesas, either, as he utilized the exact same "It was a misunderstanding but now I'm honest!" line.

As to me being gullible - and what would your strategy have been? Russia was in no position to do anything in the south when you offered me assistance, so that meant trusting either you or Italy. I could have approached Italy and asked for an attack on you, except that at the time my hands were tied by being Suirantes junior diplomat. I told him he needed to secure the support of another country, and to send relevant correspondence, but it never happened. Once you were working with Italy, I was totally boned. The only potential ally was Russia, who was otherwise occupied at the time. So much for your great understanding of other countries' needs, you don't seem to comprehend that I had no option other than to accept your deals - but clearly I didn't trust you because I repeatedly supported Bulgaria and thereby prevented you from getting everything you wanted.

You claim that you are better than Reis, Tai, and me. Please explain this then:

Diplomacy I you lost, as three countries agreed to a tie, while you had 1 SC left, which means you did better than only France, who was eliminated.
Diplomacy II you lost: you were eliminated first, which means you were dead last.
Diplomacy III you lost: you lasted until the end, at least, although as the weakest country on the board with 3 SCs, though that's better than France, Italy, and Russia (eliminated).

In all three of those games one of the three of us was a winner. I think that's enough said on the topic.

Just wear it: your strategy is to offer agreements to countries, then abrogate them immediately, in an attempt to wrong-foot them. It works short term, but now you've turned all but one neighbor against you. Everyone should be very wary of accepting anything you offer, because you've stated that you consider no agreement to be binding, and that you will abrogate any treaty for an immediate gain. Our reply is that you achieved nothing - that with a more consistent strategy you'd now own Russia and part of Turkey and have more SCs than you do. It's undeniable that your method led to the formation of a three-power alliance against you. Why, if you think it's a good strategy, do you keep denying the real facts of it?

Sadly, I was actually wondering which nation I had played in Diplomacy III. :s

Despite your best efforts, I think you may have lost Diplomacy III.

Europe is too big for both Vain and his ego. One of them has to go.

Alas, he did have to get the first solo win...

*goes to make bitter pie*

Last edited:
I really need to get away from playing Austria-Hungary, the problems seem so similar...

Could also be because I many of the faces are the same TheExecuter, Vainglory, and reis91.

I really need to get away from playing Austria-Hungary, the problems seem so similar...

Could also be because I many of the faces are the same TheExecuter, Vainglory, and reis91.

Accept our offer of integration into the Kingdom of Greater Italy, and most of those problems will be swept away...

Accept our offer of integration into the Kingdom of Greater Italy, and most of those problems will be swept away...

Yes, join the Italian pie. Seek to become one with it!