• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are deceived. Italy was the one begging for a Lepanto at the beginning of the game. I rebuffed him.

False. You merely suggested a regular Lepanto to be carried out in 1902.

Italy decided to cease communication

Again, false. We kept in communication and made proposals. Ultimately, we decided on another course of action. Shocking?

My God, everyone untwist your panties, ffs! :D

What really matters here is the first phase of the Germano-Italian War is passed. And Germany is winning!

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Euhrer

I love the Key Lepanto.

That's a lie. First, you agreed on Greece for me, Rumania for you. Second, you asked me to attack Russia with you.

I'd like to stab that Turkey between the breasts.

if'n ya know what I mean...

Austria-Hungary just seems to attract recriminations...why isn't anyone talking about the poor U.K., magnificent France, or retrenched Russia (incidentally, y'all are taking the long way to Portugal).

Austria-Hungary just seems to attract recriminations...why isn't anyone talking about the poor U.K., magnificent France, or retrenched Russia (incidentally, y'all are taking the long way to Portugal).

I do not enter into moral judgements, merely defended my most sublime nation from certain falsehoods which were referred to as truthful facts.

UK was poor, but France played into their hand. Germany, despite the civil disorder, is in a position to decide the Anglo-French conflict. They can tilt the balance pretty much with that F Den, who is perhaps the most important piece on the board at the moment.

Russia is in a curious situation. I will not comment further for obvious reasons, but if I was a spectator, I would be curious to how they will play out the next years.

Heh.

France isn't too active atm either. So no problems with an extension here ..
(Especially since we still would like responses to some of our communications. You know who you are.)

Okay then, deadline extended.
New deadline is Tuesday, March the 6th at 17:00 GMT.

I'd like some feedback: We haven't had a 24-hour turn since the game started. Mostly it's been one or two people per turn requesting an extension. My question is, do you feel we'll ever get a turn done without extension? Do you feel too rushed? Or are you impatiently waiting for the turn results? Should I just make it 48-hour turns with no extension? Or should I keep the 24-hour schedule and restrict extensions to a few per player? Other suggestions?

Okay then, deadline extended.
New deadline is Tuesday, March the 6th at 17:00 GMT.

I'd like some feedback: We haven't had a 24-hour turn since the game started. Mostly it's been one or two people per turn requesting an extension. My question is, do you feel we'll ever get a turn done without extension? Do you feel too rushed? Or are you impatiently waiting for the turn results? Should I just make it 48-hour turns with no extension? Or should I keep the 24-hour schedule and restrict extensions to a few per player? Other suggestions?

Towards the mid-endgame, when alliances are more settled, and a few countries swept off the board, 24 hour turns might be enough.

Leave it as it is, it hurts nobody to have the chance of a 24 hour phase and encourages people to get diplomacy done. And don't limit extensions per person, some of us have different schedules and that would be gimping our nations... Okay, so that wouldn't matter much for poor old Russia, but it would for others...

Im back. What did I miss?

Is amused at the self-serving comments of both Italy and Turkey.

Everything thing you say is true...but only from your own point of view.

<pops popcorn>

It is not possible for what I said to be true from only my point of view. Either it is a fact, or it is a falsehood, that you agreed to do certain things and did not do them. I shall refresh your memory:

================================================================================
To : Suirantes
Vainglory
Date : 2012-02-14 01:54
Title : Spring 1902
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings Sultan!

The opening year has been kind to both of us, with Russia's implosion, and the Italians content to do without the Lepanto. I am concerned, however, by your build of A Con this winter, as it is a build aimed at me, rather than our weaker neighbors. We have a great opportunity with Russia's weakness to gain Sevastopol, and also to strike down the Italians before they get too powerful. Obviously, however, we cannot both move in the same direction, as the gains are too meagre comparatively.

I am willing to support you in moves against either Russia or Italy, should you desire. I would consel against a frontal attack on my frontier, you will find the going slow, the way bloody, and that your neighbors will see your weakness and attack you.

Your best bet, IMO, is a combined assault on Sevastopol by our forces in the fall. With Sevastopol in Turkish hands (and the elimination of the Russian fleet), you will be free to move your black sea fleet into the mediteranean to deal with Italy's fleet superiority. Without this flexibility on your fleets behalf, the Italian fleets will eventually establish dominance in the Aegean Sea, which is detrimental to your defensive scheme.

Let me know your thoughts,
TheExecuter

When I agreed, you replied:

================================================================================
Vainglory
Date : 2012-02-16 01:23
Title : Re: Spring 1902
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly. My army Rum will support your F Bla in taking Sev.

TheExecuter

Here's what you did:

1902springorders.png

Here's your next communication:

Vainglory
Date : 2012-02-16 14:56
Title : Fall 1902
My apologies for the spring attacks. Your build over the winter seemed so obviously aimed at me that I just could not take Vainglory's offer at face value, it was offered so late, I just assumed it was a ploy to throw me off. However, seeing your moves has made me rethink things. I can easily return Greece to you by supporting A Bul into it, while cutting F Ion support with my F Alb. I can also support F Bla to Sev, but I think it would be smarter for us if I took Sev with an army, and we eliminated Russia's F Sev. You can then send F Bla through Con to join F Aeg and you would have parity to face off against the Italians (and we would outnumber the Italians when our fleets are combined 3-2).

Either way, we would then be stronger. I could assist Germany against Russia's invasion by simultaneously threatening both Mos and War, and with the British in StP, that would be the virtual end of Russia.

In any event, there are a multitude of areas where we could combine with great affect, and I await your desire as to how to maneuver our forces. Let me know how you would like this fall to go.

TheExecuter

I accepted that offer (what else could I do):

Vainglory
Date : 2012-02-17 13:37
Title : Re: Fall 1902
Sounds good. Let's make it happen.

TheExecuter

This is what you did:

1902fallorders.png

That second betrayal was the one that I couldn't work out. It didn't get you anywhere. You didn't gain any SCs through misdirecting me, nor did it improve your odds of getting an SC. It just proved that you betray people wantonly. I'm not saying that's immoral or anything - that is a way some people play. You play with short-term goals in mind and you do it without any loyalty, that's one way to play. But you can't wave away the fact that it is how you play.

whining...

:rolleyes:

Exactly. You fell for my lies. You were foolish enough to believe my empty promises (which were made for the express purpose of confusing you). I never intended to cooperate with Turkey...EVER. My moves throughout should have convinced you of that during my tenure as senior diplomat. You were to be destroyed. The fact that you see this as 'backstabbing' is interestingly illuminative of your own failings. In order to 'stab you in the back' in this instance, you had to willingly turn around and offer me your back...which you did.

I have always ACTED as your enemy. The fact that you were confused by my words says something fairly interesting about your style of play. Note also that Italy was highly satisfied with my moves in both of those turns. They benefitted me or my friends. Your insinuation that they were without benefit showcases how narrowly you look at the world. Austria is surrounded by four powers, and my movements may have been at the service of Germany, Russia, or Italy as well. Heck, at times, I could even have been trying to benefit Britain or France.

Now Italy has a legitimate grievance over Greece...caused by a communication breakdown between my minions, Italy, and myself. I was never told that Italy requested a 'transfer only' stance on Greece...and interestingly enough, ITALY NEVER MENTIONED IT TO ME. Why was that? I surmise that they had already decided to break off our heretofor amicable relations because they no longer trusted in our ability to grow at the same rate. This is a legitimate concern, and one I admit I handled poorly.

In short, and again I repeat....This is freakin diplomacy! If you don't expect to be lied to...you will end up small, insignificant, requesting the help of your fellow gullible players in trying to prevent the inevitable win of those who are much better at psychological manipulation.

The more I talk with the three of you, the more I realize that you didn't band together because I am some untrustworthy bastard that must be eliminated...you banded together because I am a BETTER untrustworthy bastard than you are alone...and your only hope of survival was an alliance of the fools.

It's actually hilarious when you think about it.

:rofl:

Last edited: