• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TKFS

Major
74 Badges
Jul 11, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I feel like this is thread worthy. Because, hot damn, I find the music in the demo to be epic as all hell.

My girlfriend was humming it after I finished playing. I think that's a great endorsement.

It's nice to have a piece with a solo male voice for a change. All those dramatic chorals are nice, but they do get a bit samey after the first six thousand years or so (in-game).

I agree totally! Some of Waldetoft's finest work, and that's high praise! :)

Plus Paradox are very nice to put all the music in the demos like this. Technically, because its in a demo in an open format like this, even those who choose not to purshase the game are still entitled to listen to the tracks as much as they like... Its amazing free classical music, in a way.

The music is great, besides a song some dude starts singing. It's really irritating me!

You can delete it from the music subfolder. Or you can tweak songs.txt in that folder to lower the odds that this specific song plays.

And unless I'm wrong, the existance of this new file (songs.txt) that uses standard event modifiers to decide what song to play next, means we can script complex odds around when to play what song. I could add a song to the directory and script it to be 2000 times more likely to play if Im fighting a crusade, I think. This is full of potential.

Lol! I don't know you and I already hate you.
But seriously, a human voice as background really doesn't work well. It draws too much attention. Only if it were an angelical, smooth and soft woman voice!

Lol! I don't know you and I already hate you.
But seriously, a human voice as background really doesn't work well. It draws too much attention. Only if it were an angelical, smooth and soft woman voice!

Then again, you werent too specific about what part... :)

Last edited:
I like "in taberna" (that should be the song with the singing) very much. This song gives a great medieval feeling and fits perfectly to the game!
btw: One song reminds me of the immortal sound track, I think it was siege of krebak or so...

Good work for the sound!

Not sure what you mean. What part I didn't like? It's not a part where I didn't like how the voice sounded, it was the fact that there was a voice. The music (the voice) comes forth and the game goes behind it. It's difficult for me to disconnect from the voice and pay attention to the game, it's distracting.
Maybe it's personal, something I don't get along. DOn't know if other people think the same way.

EDIT: It's not exactly only the voice, it's the singing. I don't understand but it looks like there are words in there. That draws too much of my attention.
EDIT 2: It's "in taberna"

Last edited:
I, too love the music. I've been looking forward to it since the game was announced and I love the King is Dead requim. What's the tribute to Falalan called? I even like that one :D

I've actually had three different people (a friend and both my parents) complement the game's music...which has never happened before. So, congratulations on a fantastic job!

(And of course, I love it too) :)