• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A SHORT MESSAGE WAS RELEASED BY THE SERPENT THRONE:

To Emperor Alexios I Komnenus and Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albrecht von Preußen:

It seems we all have plans for our historic continent. In light of your recent military measures, Russia would remind you both of our rightful claims to Moscow, as well as to warn against plans of Scandinavia. Any action by your militaries into Sweden, Norway, or Finland shall be taken as an affront to the throne of Russia. That is all.

General Annenkov, First Proprietor of the Rus.

OOC: But seriously. I want these lands. If you recognize my claims and do not move there in the next few turns, I will reward you handsomely. The same goes to anyone else interested in Scandinavia, or who is in range of it.

This is how I can picture next turn going:

From there, I don't know what yall are going to do. I've drawn what I would like to see for Russia, as well as what I would imagine the rest of you would do:

It's pretty visible where the hot spots are going to be. Lol at Eastern Europe being central, even in games -_-

One final thing: Based on our relative strengths, positions, advancement, and the like, this is how I can picture the world in around fifty years:

Yeah, not very good for some of us :(

Last edited:
OOC: But seriously. I want these lands. If you recognize my claims and do not move there in the next few turns, I will reward you handsomely. The same goes to anyone else interested in Scandinavia, or who is in range of it.

This is how I can picture next turn going:

From there, I don't know what yall are going to do. I've drawn what I would like to see for Russia, as well as what I would imagine the rest of you would do:

It's pretty visible where the hot spots are going to be. Lol at Eastern Europe being central, even in games -_-

OOC: An interesting forecast. I won't deny I've thought about Quebec. At the moment though I have something different in mind. I don't see why Germany would get part of Australia, nor why Russia would be in central Canada Iceland and Greenland.

OOC: Well, I need to expand somewhere, why not Canada; it would be accessible through Sweden-->Greenland :p And for Germany? It's accessable and will be one of the few free territories left, so I can imagine it happening.

proabablyiotpeshin50yea.png

OOC: So basically you expect everyone to gang up on you. Someone needs a hug. :D Still haven't guessed my future schemes though.

OOC: Well, kinda. As land runs out, I expect to be Japan's first target. From there, other countries will try to take my land, while competing over their own borders. Minor nations will be wiped out, and there will become the sort of dynamic stability of 1984. At least thats what I expect. From there, the largest nation will slowly but surely conquer the others, unless they team up; then, if two are left, the larger one will win. Just the way it works with our rules, I expect.

Then again, there is the possibility that every roll in the future will be in the favor of myself and the Confederates :p

Oh, and your future schemes? Hmm, I'll have to think on that. Maybe take The rest of the Mediterranean?

The Settlement of Ukraine

Five years after the Imperial armies first crossed into Ukraine the territory can now be considered pacified. A network of forts criss-crosses the steppe providing security against what savagery remains, more symbolic than anything else as the open terrain left few hiding places for those barbarians who survived the initial invasion. Civilian settlement is booming, fuelled by a policy of generous land grants to veterans, given in lieu of a portion of the military pension. So far as is practical, land grants are made such that veterans of a certain military unit are placed close to each other, and so small villages are springing up across Ukraine, populated by former brothers in arms. Since the units of the Byzantine army are formed on a territorial basis many of these villages are of the same ethnic/linguistic group, which helps to draw civilian settlers from 'back home' and has led to southern Ukraine becoming a patchwork of different languages. Initial administration fears over the complexity of managing this new multilingual territory have proved unfounded, the basics of the Greek language are so prevalent amongst veterans of the army that Ukraine has become the most Greek literate province outside of Thrace and Greece itself.

In a policy similar to the 'Protected Villages' seen in France proper, a number of fortified enclaves have been constructed in Ukraine to house those savages remaining after the initial invasion by Imperial forces. Many of these house large numbers of feral children who, once convinced that they will under no circumstances be eaten, have proved grateful for the shelter and regular supply of food provided, and are operated much like other orphanages across the Hegemony. Others house the occasional surviving family that came out of hiding once the Imperial armies had driven off or crushed the bands of savages that had come to dominate the region. In the far east, under heavy military guard, are the worst of the savages, those unfortunates who have survived their band's battles with the Byzantine army and are now working away in the coal mines, being considered beyond redemption.

To date the development of urban areas has been limited to small areas around Sevastopol and Kiev. The port facilities of Sevastopol have been extensively repaired and the town now serves as the principal port for Ukraine, with agricultural produce being shipped to the city by barge before being transferred to larger vessels to cross the Black Sea. Resettlement of Kiev has been a largely private affair conducted by citizens of Ukrainian heritage, with only lukewarm support from the government thus far, the official position being that investment into an area so close to an unsecured frontier is unwise and unlikely to been productive prior to the resettlement of the cities hinterland.

A SHORT MESSAGE WAS RELEASED BY THE SERPENT THRONE:

To Emperor Alexios I Komnenus and Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albrecht von Preußen:

It seems we all have plans for our historic continent. In light of your recent military measures, Russia would remind you both of our rightful claims to Moscow, as well as to warn against plans of Scandinavia. Any action by your militaries into Sweden, Norway, or Finland shall be taken as an affront to the throne of Russia. That is all.

General Annenkov, First Proprietor of the Rus.

From the Imperial Household:

In spite of the somewhat curt tone of your prior communique we shall remind you once again that we have publicly acknowledged Russia's claims to Moscow (and other Russian regions). While it is obviously a matter of duty to see civilisation returned to all Slavic, Hellenic and Orthodox territories, we are happy to see Russia perform this duty when it comes to Russian territories.

masthead1915.png

FALCON SCOTT: "BRITISH SUBJECTS ENSLAVED!"

The Imperial Metropole is ablaze with talk of Captain Falcon Scott's latest wire from South Africa, and indeed this publication may now confirm through statements of the Foreign Secretary, Sir Edward Grey, that a column has penetrated the vast Kalahari which lies between the Congo and the Cape. Aylmer Haldane's Congo Field Force has reportedly dealt a reeling blow to the Arab slavers at Kisangani, inspiring much fanfare and effusions of loyalty from tribes of indigenous savages; the swift and decisive intervention of those regiments, primarily comprised of Egyptians brought from their garrisons in the Soudan, has officially opened a route to the foot of Table Mountain. While certainly a treacherous affair, Falcon Scott's small company was able to resume its expedition without fear of molestation from slavers, and made rapid progress towards that desert crossing which marks the furthest extent of the Congo's irrigation. What he would encounter there is the subject of rumour-mongering among all peoples of the Empire, but it may only be said with absolute certainty that border guards of the German kingdom-in-exile halted his progress and proclaimed the authority of the Kaiser. Authority which encompassed the Cape Colony and other areas of British dominion - including the hundreds of thousands of British subjects dwelling therein.

congoconquered.png

Sketches of savage tribesmen encountered on the journey south, from our engaged correspondent with the Highland Light Infantry.

Outrage, recrimination, and a great deal of resolve have consumed Parliament since the Foreign Secretary's recitation of Falcon Scott's wire, relayed through Khartoum and Cairo. Reprinted for your convenience, it read simply:

"KALAHARI TRAVERSED. TURNED AWAY BY ARMED COMPANY OF GERMANS. CAPE COLONY SUBJUGATED AND BRITISH SUBJECTS ENSLAVED."​

Prime Minister Campbell-Bannerman, speaking in that day's session of the Commons, reiterated that he would "Do all within the power of this Ministry, indeed within the power of this Empire, to ensure that this matter is investigated and settled to the satisfaction of His Majesty's Government." Sir Edward Grey would later add that "There can be no response but one which restores the wholeness and integrity of our Imperial family." He was immediately dispatched, with Colonial Secretary Austen Chamberlain, on a diplomatic mission to Tanganyika; the rally which sent them off at Victoria Station was perhaps the largest since the Diamond Jubilee of Victoria. Opposition leader Mr. Balfour wished the delegation success, but castigated persistent rumours that Campbell-Bannerman's ministry intended to purchase the area, or offer compensation to what he termed "occupiers". Indeed a sizeable faction of Liberal backbenchers, author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle among them, demanded the area be immediately "rescued". He, like so many others, has lived with a gnawing uncertainty over the fate of family relations brought to Africa in the Exodus; for them, there can be hardly any cost too high for the reclamation of the Cape.

OOC: That's a terrible idea for all sorts of reasons that I can't currently think of :p
Can Germany even reach west Australia with current naval technology?

OOC: I thought it was two sea zones distant? Isn't that the distance from Madagascar to Austalia? And, can you really expect me to keep up with these recognitions :p

It looks like I wont have to worry about Germany; looking at you, Britain. Reminds me of the terror of Hyzenhok's posts about my mistreatment of Mormons :eek:hmy:

It looks like I wont have to worry about Germany; looking at you, Britain. Reminds me of the terror of Hyzenhok's posts about my mistreatment of Mormons :eek:hmy:

OOC: Not quite, I hope! :p

I am indeed making a (rather equitable) offer to purchase the Cape, though naturally the Honourable Opposition is waiting to pounce should the Liberal government fail.

OOC: Not quite, I hope! :p

I am indeed making a (rather equitable) offer to purchase the Cape, though naturally the Honourable Opposition is waiting to pounce should the Liberal government fail.

OOC: What would that offer be? I'm trying to discern that right now. IP? The Congo?

Kyoto Express

Success in the North

Japan seems doomed to take hefty losses in all their campaigns as once again massive losses have been sustained by our forces as during our attacks into Mongolia and Manchuria it appears Cannibalistic bands of men attacked steadily in waves inflicting heavy losses on our forces and somehow managing to defeat the Drive into Mongolia pushing it back into Japanese Held Territory. In Manchuria however the wave attacks despite inflicting heavy losses did not stop the attacking forces could not prevail and were wiped out after much fighting. However bruised it may be the Japanese Army stands strong despite according to some have the highest losses of any nation clearly a testament to the unwavering courage and the massed enemy forces that Japan has had to face down.

OOC: Well, I've been home for almost 24 hours, and have quite a few things still to do, especially in terms of work. Don't think I can get to any RP this evening, but maybe tomorrow night.

I know that I am not the only one pressed for time this week, perhaps a couple extra days for this turn to be entered? Up to you guys.

Kyoto Express

The Signing of the Shanghai Agreement

Years of Diplomatic anguish and anger were yesterday finally solved by the Agreement of Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Indochinese Delegates meeting in Shanghai to solve a behind the Scenes uproar affecting National Politics immensely and causing anger among many politicians. The Agreement finally solves what is now being called the Recognition Crisis comes from the Korean and Indochinese Regions under Japanese Controls desire to have more official status among the Various holdings of Japan. It formally agrees the Federated status of Japan's holdings, It makes Japan a Tier 1 leader nation in direct control of Foreign Policy of all the states that make up the New Federation. China is Considered a Tier 2 major member with significant sway in both how Diplomatic relations are organised and complete control over their Domestic Situation. Korea, Indochina and Tibet are classed as Tier 3 Members with limited Diplomatic Influence outside of their immediate area and virtually Complete Control over their Domestic situation unless it all goes wrong. Finally their are Tier 4 regions which either have not been categorised or who cannot be put into the Other tiers due to a lack of Domestic organisation too establish local rule. This is prominent in territories made up of large numbers of small kingdoms who can't pick a leader. They have no Foreign Policy Influence and their Domestic Situation is run primarily by Officials selected from the Other Tiered States. The Inclusion of Tibet Separate from China was Requested by a Delegation of Tibetan Officials who sort to point out the major differences between them and the Chinese, this motion was swiftly accepted by all including China whose Administration had run into problems governing such vast areas. It is also felt a similar agreement will be Reached with the Mongols of Mongolia once the Region is cleared of Cannibal bands. This Agreement could not have come sooner for the Japanese Administration as the Dispute had led to some regions restricting the manpower they provided to the Japanese State which meant with Japanese Manpower reserves reduced to dangerously low levels the ability to replace losses was in danger. The Solving of the Dispute has meant manpower from other regions has been freed up to Produce 4 new armies One Korean, One Chinese, One Indochinese and One Tibetan. However Korea is beginning to run into manpower difficulties of it's own and according to some may not be able to provide more manpower for another Army any time soon leading some Military advisors to Endorse ambitious Plans to annex high population regions where law and order has broken Down.

I don't think the turn change is eminent, because GBIT still hasn't give us CP for last turn.

I don't think the turn change is eminent, because GBIT still hasn't give us CP for last turn.

OOC: He may simply be having complications after his surgery. If he calculated the turn and posted a map, I like to think that he, and us, have extended to the next turn.

OOC: He may simply be having complications after his surgery. If he calculated the turn and posted a map, I like to think that he, and us, have extended to the next turn.

Yes, we are past 1920. But we can hardly issue orders without our CP from 1915-1920, so the turn change of 1925 is not likely to take anyone who is putting things off by surprise. :)