• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dappled starlight, focused and scattered by shifting flitter-shades on a sweet water cistern. Still darkness. Trepidation, pause, embarassment. The older kids had already disturbed the quiet. The dark haired girl with honey eyes smiled at me; in a cold rush I was in.

Pitch 4 minutes contretemp.
Fuel burn 7% sub-optimal.

The rythmic chant of the subroutines surfaced through my memory in the cold dark sweet water. My honey-eyed heart smiled for me, and the sunlight warmed my belly as I play in reminiscence.

In my first decade, I spent only hours a day at my "helm." As many as I spent in my bed, or with my family. Aerope, the dark hair turned to white, the honey-eyes to milk. I had missed her physical death while at the helm, for she had died to me so many years earlier, or had I died to her?

The lights dimmed, the subroutines softened their whispers. I withdrew, pulling back from my gross and tangled self, to remember the boy who had been awakened by a cold rush of water and my decades resisting the Calling.

Pundi rice farmers glanced skyward as the flitter-shades shivered and then resumed their lumbering passage through the heavens, sparing no thought to the strange fits of their Psyker-Navigator called Atreus. The dark star-pocked hull of the Myces tilted gently in the starlight, turning towards her sister-exiles, turning towards Destiny.

Last edited:
I actually started with Chapterhouse: Dune...was the first one I found lying around the house as a child. Ever since then, the Bene Gesserit witches have had a special place in my heart.

Witches hold a special place in my heart too. Although I usually refer to them as "ex-girlfriends".

Just formulating it in my head. One day I'll set (digital) pen to paper and write it out, either in novel form or just as a timeline to use later, I'm not sure which.

Incidentally, have you ever encountered the Fading Suns setting?

Can't say I have...

You might enjoy it. It's a Dune / sorcerors / psychics / demons mash-up used for a whole series of RPG books, a space battles miniature game, and a turn-based strategy game ("Emperor of the Fading Suns").

I used to dream of GMing a campaign in it...though it is always hard to find people that have the time.

I had never been the popular one, a bright light to draw moths; dull moths who aspired to be butterflies. I had been certain, reliable, stable. The perfect psychological profile, the Magister had told my grandfather. Tantalo was a grey whiskered man who smelled of the blinding slurry-gin the engineers made from space slimes found in the dark recesses of the Myces. He had a broad chest and a broad manner, an easy way with women and a way to put men at ease. After not long the Powers found him, cut his hair, dressed him up, and soon he was an Archon.

Though not of Myces...I still felt the twitching tendrils of exposed wire, brushing the star dust. Myces was a district then, a module, a massive lumbering production and engineering facility, the stinking breadbasket of the Olympia Astral Liner, her fungal vats pungent and ripe with the raw material to feed, cloth, and shelter a quarter million humans dancing and dallying in the glittering habitat module.

My brother was the flame that drew the fluttering souls of mankind, yet he was the younger, and I the elder. We fought over everything, like sun and moon, never content to share the same room, the same team, or the same woman. But in maturity, as we settled into the deep grooved career channels chosen for us, that rivalry dimmed and faded.

Or perhaps it was only blotted out by the brighter lights of my life, the eternal sun of my honey-eyed Aerope and the billion brilliant stars of my helm. In truth, I dreamed, as only the young can, in spinning technicolor, in pinwheel hues, till sun had gone, stars turned cold, and Olympia died that Myces might live.

Last edited:
Taii, can you update my listing in the roster please:

Atreus, Psyker-Navigator of the Myces

Tai's a bit of an odd fellow, and I'm certain this game will be terrible, but he BEGGED me to join, so let me introduce myself.

I am the mighty Navigator Lokir Sigrin of the Valhalla