• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's

Aye: 7
Nay: 0

With such an overwhelming vote in favor, it seems foolish to let this wait any longer. I will sign CPO Act into law, and give you good Senators until Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT) to propose bills for spending.

The upshot is this -- we now need only 39.36 IC for CG spending, which will let us devote proportionally more IC to other stuff. The total is still 160 IC.

Aye to the Consumer Orientation bill.We should make the people not paying a lot for their needs.Certainly Aye

Thank you for your support, Senator. Voting on this bill is however closed.

President Roosevelt

((Forum sure is quiet... I can only assume you're all working furiously behind the scenes to create bills!))

Senators,

As ever, I am available should you need military input on your bills.

- General MacArthur

((Hey, don't look at me, I'm just waiting on a budget so that I can start complaining about how the Navy is getting too much. ;)))

Senators,

As ever, I am available should you need military input on your bills.

- General MacArthur

((Hey, don't look at me, I'm just waiting on a budget so that I can start complaining about how the Navy is getting too much. ;)))

((I am glad to see you've embraced the power of inter-service rivalry :D))

((I am glad to see you've embraced the power of inter-service rivalry :D))

((Heh, just wait until I roll out watertight tanks. We don't need carriers, we'll just roll along the ocean floor until we crash into Tokyo. :laugh:))

((Heh, just wait until I roll out watertight tanks. We don't need carriers, we'll just roll along the ocean floor until we crash into Tokyo. :laugh:))

((That would be the best idea ever!))

(( THIS is what the Senate is funding with American tax dollars?!?!?!

Save America, Fund the Navy! ;) ))

((If you are still accepting Senators, I am interested))

Senator Richard Newman from the great state of Georgia.

Foreign Policy: Isolationist
Build or modernize? Modernize
Proposed budget for IC: Jobs for my constituents. Build factories, seaports, airports, and roads/railroads
Leadership? Research the US should be the technological leader of the world
Proposed tech budgets: Favor industrial, supply, radar, nuclear, carriers/cags and fighters

((If you are still accepting Senators, I am interested))

Senator Richard Newman from the great state of Georgia.

Foreign Policy: Isolationist
Build or modernize? Modernize
Proposed budget for IC: Jobs for my constituents. Build factories, seaports, airports, and roads/railroads
Leadership? Research the US should be the technological leader of the world
Proposed tech budgets: Favor industrial, supply, radar, nuclear, carriers/cags and fighters

Welcome, Senator! Many of your colleagues would doubtless wish to know your party affiliation ((Republican, Democrat, or Independent)).

President Roosevelt

((I'll add you to the roster once I have that.))

((LOL, sorry about that))

Senator Richard Newman from the great state of Georgia is a proud Republican.

((LOL, sorry about that))

Senator Richard Newman from the great state of Georgia is a proud Republican.

((No worries, you're on the roster now.))

((Thanks, when is the next budget due?))

((Thanks, when is the next budget due?))

((Bills are supposed to be done Friday at 10 PM CST (-6 GMT), but there seems to be little activity on that front, at least visible activity.

Do I need to extend the deadline or is everybody working busily behind the scenes?))

Leadership:

Officers: 0 Technology should be our primary and overriding consideration
Diplomacy: 0.25 This should still be sufficient to cover our needs
Espionage: 1.0 Germany, the USSR and Japan should be our main targets
Research: 32.68 or the remainder

Technology Plan: Research efficiency should be our primary concern here. There is no use spending precious leadership on technologies that are too advanced to finish in less than a year.

IC Distribution:

Upgrades: 0 As we will be researching many new designs upgrading should be left until next year when they are complete
Reinforcement: .25 this should cover retirements and any other needs
Supplies: 0 as none are needed
Consumer Goods: whatever is required for zero dissent
Production: the remainder with concentration on new factories, roads, railroads, ports, airfields and other sources of civilian employment.

My proposal is designed to increase civilian employment and jump start the economic recovery. Our citizens have suffered enough with severe unemployment and a degraded standard of living. It is time to get our people back to work.

(( THIS is what the Senate is funding with American tax dollars?!?!?!

Save America, Fund the Navy! ;) ))

((You're just jealous that your carriers can't move on land. :p

And if you think submarine tanks are crazy, just wait until our esteemed scientists manage to float an artillery train.))

((You're just jealous that your carriers can't move on land. :p

And if you think submarine tanks are crazy, just wait until our esteemed scientists manage to float an artillery train.))

(( How did you know we were researching the land carriers?! Have you been spying on us?!

In all seriousness, I'd propose a bill, but I'm just an Admiral. ))