• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GizMecano

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Mar 8, 2005
gizmecano.net
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
My very first question for this new year is about the embed translations in the game. I would want to know if the official release will contain complete translation of the game (notably in French), because we have experienced some issues on this point during the precedent version release (if my memory is correct, Deus Vult was only available for the original English version).

Thanks to developper team or beta testers for any answer.

You could? :(

yeah, just go into the main menu and under language options select either french, italian, german or english. it works if you have english subtitles enabled otherwise you wont know what you're supposed to be doing.

Radio Finland ran an international 30 minute program once a week in Latin for many years, though I've no idea if it's still going on. So presumably you'd pick up at least a few Finns.

And the first Hungarian parliament in the 19th century conducted all its official business in Latin. So you'd probably also be able to sell Latin versions to Hungarian zombies who had served in parliament at the time.

Hope that helps.

But seriously, would anyone like a latin translation?

Can't read Latin, but this would seriously spur me on to giving Latin a go. I reckon that we should as, a community, try and translate CKII to as many languages as possible. We have enough people that speak multiple languages.

I would play a Latin version of the game in a heartbeat. From what I've seen of LPs and streams, it's a lot of work in terms of amount of writing, but the Latin probably wouldn't be very complicated. You only run into problems with modern words translating into Latin, but it doesn't come up a lot given the game's setting. I know I'd help translate Latin and Greek. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

There shouldnt be a latin translation, but there SHOULD be a middle-ages Church Latin translation.
anyone who speaks a romance language or was familiar with playing the game would be able to work their way through it and it would be beyond awesome, not to mention all the academics who wasted years of their life learning medieval latin finally getting something out of it

.... seriously guys?

You all disturb me sometimes. A Latin translation? Might as well have one in Aramaic while you're at it. Seriously.

there are tousands of user in this forum and only bunch of them had Latin at school or at Univeristy and most of that latin was ancient latin which is different than medieval one;)

Well I think it'd be interesting, and I'd give it a go if it were made, but I'd wonder if there is anyone around here capable enough in Latin to do it accurately. Since if anyone tried it with a translating tool thingy it'd be quite mangled.