• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I think it'd be interesting, and I'd give it a go if it were made, but I'd wonder if there is anyone around here capable enough in Latin to do it accurately.

I could do it, but not alone, I'd need some help from others.

And please for Russia in old slavonic

Well, we'd probably need an Old Believer for that, and I don't think there are many of them on this forum.

A Latin translation would be beyond awesome! And about medieval Latin, it would be much easier than classical to those speaking romance languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian). I've never had Latin classes and still think I'd give it a go. It would be an extra challenge and an insanely powerful immersion factor.

Common guys, let's do a crazy languages mod...

"Quod Romana ecclesia a solo Domino sit fundata.
Quod solus Romanus pontifex iure dicatur universalis. [...]"
Would add so much flavour to get such a letter from the pope ^^

And please for Russia in old slavonic

Old Church Slavonic. And glagolitic fonts.

Aramaic might be nice, but in Latin script please, try as I might, I just cannot learn to read arabic, plus arabic letters are always so tiny, it all looks the same.

Common guys, let's do a crazy languages mod...

Would add so much flavour to get such a letter from the pope ^^
Let me try:

"That the Roman Church is founded by one God
That one Roman High Priest (Pope?) is considered universal"

Imagine what the Patriarch of Constantinople would think if he received letters bearing this =))

the game is set in medieval latin, it is the linga franca of the time and its pretty easy to get the jist of if you speak any romance language or had played the game lots before, saying it would be cool to have the option to play the game in it too isnt on par with saying it should also be in every damned obscure language you can think of.
As immersion things go, its as sensible as any of the other suggestions to have it in latin or church latin.
Greek wouldnt work cos they got different letters, and wasnt universal to a continent throughout the whole game, just a country.

That the Roman Church is solely founded by the Lord. That the Roman Pontiff alone justly be called universal.

Last edited:
Well a translation in french, which was a diplomatic language for many years, should be done too :p (and at least for french players, such as me, and please not something like a google trad - Yes HoI III in french is just awful).

Well a translation in french, which was a diplomatic language for many years, should be done too :p (and at least for french players, such as me, and please not something like a google trad - Yes HoI III in french is just awful).

The Frankish barbarians merit no translation :laugh:

The Frankish barbarians merit no translation :laugh:

Agreed!! :D What's more, there wasn't a French language per se in the game time-frame. You had the Langues d'Oc in the South and the Langues d'Oeil in the North, if my history serves me well... French wouldn't be a quasi-universal language for many centuries to come...