• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm 19, and I'm going to college for Electrical Engineering. History is my true calling, but I want something that I can make a decent living on.

I consider myself a casual gamer, except when it comes to strategy games like EU3 and Crusader Kings. I have been playing HOI3 recently for hours every day. I prefer being with friends more though.

My favorite time period is the medieval age, so I am very excited for CK2. I love CK but the dumb-as-bricks AI makes it a little disappointing to me.

"What proportion of paradox game players, who read and post on the forums,"

I'm saying that this is the selector-- people who read and post on the forums are more likely to have thinking-heavy jobs, or to be university students, because people on the internet are more likely to have thinking jobs or be university students. People who are interested in Paradox's games, which are not exactly the most accessible out there, are more likely to have a thinking job and be interested in economics, history, and run-on sentences. The fanbase is self-selecting, and not because people with lower-paying jobs are any dumber on average AND because it requires certain degrees of imagination

What I disagree with is this half-- "who feel like telling everybody else their age and job."

I might agree about the forum people being mostly people with thinking jobs. CK2 players are people who have a knowledge of history and interest in it and a degree of enjoyment for roleplaying. Roleplaying isn't for anyone, and history games aren't either, you need to have certain tastes and a degree of imagination that not many people have, otherwise you might find the game plain boring or too complex. I have a couple of friends who do not see anything interesting with this game, and rather play Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty, and it's okay with them. I know that the CK2 fanbase is very restricted, but it is because (as you said) a heavy thinking game for heavy thinking folk.

Last edited:
You are 3/4 economists. What does THAT mean?

I think it means high stewardship! :D

For me, 30 year old, naval engineer.

Huge fan of history (would have been my choice after engineering), especially middle ages. Roleplayer (as hobby).
And I LOVE P'dox strategy games, in they are not:
resource-resource-build-build-build-carnage-GOTO:start

CK caught me, I hope CK2 will be as the first, with elements from Rome and other small improvements in GUI (it seems so from vids and screens).

I can't wait another 45 days (about...)

33 years old, actually I'm working as a driver for a food-catering society but I've done several jobs before this, I was a textile entrepreneur, I worked as insurer, then I worked as coffee seller, actually I'm tired of this current work, I need an escape plan :p

Why I like CK2? Well, cause I can fantasize about reigning a country and the history changing factor open up infinite variants (if only it could be possible in real life), I really like RPG and strategy wargames, from tabletop games to videogames, that are related with history. I'm a huge fan of history but I'm more interested in ancient and medieval times than others periods, save for WW2 and Napoleonic era, for other general stuffs I like reading, writing, looking for girls and have as much fun as possible :-D

Last edited:
Well, I am 22 years old, I am a manager at a local pizza shop where I live in the US and I am currently studying to get my BA in Theology. Future plans include at least a Masters Degree and possible study for ordination into the Roman Catholic clergy.

I've been playing Pdox games since EU2 which led me to buying CK online as an afterthought. It quickly became my most played game. CK2 excites me for the same reasons that I have seen in the countless pages I've read, especially since medieval history and the history of the Roman Church are two of my passions in this life. I can't wait until Feb for this game to come out.

21 year old citizen of the "American Empire" as its soon to be known. Currently working as a pizza delivery boy, while I go to college studying anthropology.

I am 30 years old working in furniture delivery. I have a interest in history and plan to go back to college for a degree in computers and programming. I would love to someday work for a game company but i doubt that will happen. My interest in history lies in the 1800's and in ancient history, though paradox is making me having interest in the middle ages.

Just turned 46 few days ago. I am Surveying Engineer. Simply love that period of European history, and I was a big fan of original CK, hope I will not be disappointed withCK2. Looks promising, (although my second favourite Paradox game sequel Vic2 was worst than V1 so I’m keeping fingers cross that CK2 will be more like I would like).

19-year old student of Celtic Languages and Culture at the University of Utrecht here.

My studies focus largely on the medieval writings of the Welshmen and the Irish so CK2 comes naturally. What's not to like about an intriguing medieval politics and warfare simulator?
And it will certainly be satisfying to turn the tables on the English for a change. ;)

21 years old, from the Netherlands. I'm studying to be a history teacher.

I enjoy (alternate) history and roleplaying. I liked this in CK1, so I'll probably like it in CK2 too :)

26, American, Master's recipient working at a company that would not exist outside of DC; sick of the Beltway game, trying to get out of it in a meaningful fashion.

I never played CK1, but I enjoyed both Victoria and EU3 a great deal so I thought I'd expand my PI experience a bit.

28, history and game enthusiast, former game reviewer, played pretty much all Paradox games in the last 10 years.