• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm on the side of the cat :)

They seemed like the worst advisors a girl could have had right from the beginning. Off with their heads (after you escape the corridor, of course!)

Pirineo the rightful property of Augsburg! Next every German town will be claiming its own holiday resort in Spain!

Thanks all for your replies, and your patience. Glad to see that folk are still reading this :)

@ sprites: So it seems. Not an enlightened cat. Too stuck in his ways.

@ loki100: Indeed, the missing cable turned up, so art returns!

What do you mean, 'it was better when it was only badly written?

@ Dauth: Hi Dauth, glad that mister H-B has persuaded you of his virtues (undoubted as they are). I kind of miss Dobczyński too - it's been far too innuendo-free for the last few months.

@ Omen: Such is the traditional fate of traitors - but then, as we know, cheats do sometimes prosper in Tver.

@ Avindian: Too kind :) Sorry I haven't been commenting in any of your work lately, barely had time to work on my own AAR!

@ MarkusH: Thanks mate :)

@ PrawnStar: They're treacherous backstabbing thieving bastards - and yet strangely lovable at times as well. (and hope that your cat is doing well)

@ RGB: Aye, sadly one can't always pick one's advisors/family. That's half the fun!

@ homy_dog34: In future I'm thinking of creating some characters based on my in-game advisors. I wonder what Don Pedro would count as in game terms. A 1-Star Diplomat probably.

@ Chief Ragusa: Bad omen? Never! It's not like there was a comet sighted. And I'm definitely allowed to look at the sky.

@ Barsoom: I love it when the game imitates reality, but that's one of my favourites so far. I think the Poles might want to reconsider their immigration policy though :D

Episode XXXIX: Sic Semper Tverannis Part II

‘So this is what it has come to, Elena?’

Lady Elena Rurikovich smiled as only an evil Russian can.

‘I’m afraid so, Aleksandra. Well, that is a lie. I am glad that it has finally come to this.’

‘So you kill me, the rightful ruler of Tver, and then what?’

‘And then, Aleksandra, I will be lauded by the people of Tver as the one who delivered them from your tyranny.’

‘The people love me, Elena.’

‘The common people. Not the ones who matter. You have been useful, though – your centralisation of power has had its advantages – and now I will be the one to reap them.’

‘So you kill me for being a tyrant, then continue in the same vein?’

Don Pedro smiled. ‘Absolutely. There will be unrrrest in the wake of your trrragic assassination – a perfect excuse for the extension of Imperial power.’

‘I shouldn’t be surprised, Don Pedro. Treachery seems to be in your nature.’

‘It’s a family business, my Czarrrina You promised me riches and power if I helped you to the crown - and I received rejection and humiliation.’

Elena nodded. ‘You are unworthy of being an Empress, Aleksandra, but after I save this nation from anarchy – I may, reluctantly, be persuaded to take the Imperial crown.’

‘While exprrressing a desire to rrremain as a mere Queen, of course.’

‘Indeed, Don Pedro. Come, Aleksandra – it is time for a change of leadership…what do they call it, Don Pedro?’

‘A hostile takeoverrr?’

‘Precisely.’ Elena grinned. So did her cat. ‘Don’t worry, Aleksandra. Caesar’s fame was far greater after his death. So shall be your infamy…’

‘You’ve all got it in for me.’

‘Nothing personal, Aleksandra.’

‘Liar.’

‘All right. It is personal. I’ve been looking forward to this opportunity for a long time.’

01elenaadvances.gif

‘So have I, Czarrrina.’

02DPreadytostrike.gif

And so have I.

03dptackled.gif

04lekasmackselena.gif

05mijsmackdonped.gif

‘What the hell arrre you doing?’

‘My duty, Don Pedro.’

06peddodges.gif

‘Duty? You agreed to help us!’

‘You asked if I was behind you, Don Pedro.’

07mijblocks.gif

‘Since when could you talk?’

‘Always. But unlike you, I can keep my mouth shut when it’s prudent.’

‘How can you betrrray me? I brrrought you here, Mijado! You owe me morrre loyalty than her!’

‘On the contrary, Don Pedro. I was fortunate that you found me during my studies. That I impressed you in your search for a chaplain. But I’ve been loyal to the Czarina all my life – and your enemy for almost as long. ’

08mikickdpdown.gif

‘Ouch! The Czarina? You’re Spanish, Mijado!’

‘Ah, yes. Mijado. I adopted it when I was studying in Seville. Sounds much more Spanish than Mirin…’

09mijhooddown.gif

Janusz…

10mijunrobe.gif

Dobczyński.’

11dobrevealed.gif

I thought that nothing can be done to surprise us at this moment, we have seen failed assassinations that ended bloodily for the attacker, we have seen successful assassinations (but not after a cliffhanger, I admit)... but the return of Dobczyński's in this fashion is more then brilliant. It is epic!

AWWWW YEAH:excl: He is BACK!

At least the cat appeared to escape - which isn't a surprise :)

I've got 5 cats now - any more and I'll need a bigger house!

I did not see this coming omg!!!!

Moar! Moar i say!