• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Peter333

First Lieutenant
50 Badges
Nov 20, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
First off this really is the best of the mods out there for this game. However, since DH updated to their latest patch IC has become unplayable, with lots of crashes. :sad:. I have managed to do some tweaking but cannot get past the partition of Czech (as German) with Hungry without the game crashing. Is this a know issue. Please help:blush:

P:eter

Upvote 0
I have ZJKM and my game still crashes after a fresh install. Only when I choose partition czech with hungary option

I tried many times but I can't reproduce the ctd. I don't know the reason

I will do some changes in the event

I scrubbed all Darkest hour/Iron cross files rebooted and reinstalled the games with checksum ZJKM and it still does it. Consider me totally puzzled :)

Its not a show stopper as I go for the first option now which seems fine.

I get the same issue with partitioning. Just some info that may be useful.
Iron cross is over Darkest Hour, Windows 7, Darkest Hour in Paradox Interactive Directory(not C:/Games), UAC is OFF, Happens for me in single player and multiplayer with another host, Checksum ZJKM.

Do you have a savegame?
Yeah, just made one especially, how do you want it?

Quick note though:
This crash seems different from normal hoi crashes, most other crashes make the game "not responding" then the small windows 7 window comes up with a "loading bar" and then a cancel button and the usual end program option.
This "crash" however just freezes the game AFTER the event option is chosen but before you can click ok to the next event, therefore I dont believe its necessarily the "end of czech..." event(and the partition option itself) but something that happens AFTER that event has "successfully" been processed. After I click the option the land does get divided and Ger and Hun are allied(i can see their troops/land) but the mouse is frozen and the next event cannot be clicked, all i can do is ctrl alt delete and start task manager to quit the game.

Edit: I uploaded it to 4shared anyway http://www.4shared.com/file/S5EX-um7/Germany_1939_March_14.html

Last edited:
It says I should sign up to download the file. Please upload it somewhere else.
Where do you want it? I dont really know file sharing websites that well since megaupload is now gone and rapidshare is capped. 4shared came up at the top of a google search, so tell me which site you would like it on?

Try www.depositfiles.com

EDIT: this is ridicolous, I used it yesterday and now it's down???
Damn it, try with http://www.filefactory.com/, I made a quick check and it is possible to upload and download for free without an acoount (it asks to create one, but you can say no).

Last edited:
This is weird. I loaded the game, the event appeared, I chose the Partition option and... it worked without problems. :blink:
Anyway, this means that if there is a problem, we cannot solve it as we cannot reproduce it. However, I saved the game after firing the event and uploaded it for you, so you can keep playing. Here it is: http://www.filefactory.com/file/2zqjr257tmcp/n/Germany_1939_March_15.zip
Please do me a favour and let me know what is your checksum (if you didn't modify the game). You can find it at the top right on the main menu as soon as you load the game. For Iron Cross over DH it should be ZJKM. Also, if you could do the same for DHFull, the checksum for DHFull is KPNA. Please let me know if you have different values. Thanks.

Like i said i made the save especially so i wont play on. I tryed my save 3 times though and it always froze in the way i described above.
My checksums are the same as those listed IC ZJKM and DH Full KPNA I just double checked.
The freeze happens on both my Desktop pc and my laptop, so could it be the install method or the source the games and patches came from?(Games from Gamersgate and patches from these forums).

Is there nothing we can do to fix this?? It clearly is happening to alot of people so is there anything further those people(me included) can do to help please say(anything!!)?

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I used your save but it works for me on a normal 1.02 DH + 1.02 IC installation. If we can't reproduce the problem we cannot fix it. :(
It is possible that somehow a future DH patch or IC patch solves it somehow (perhaps fixing something else will fix this too), but it's a slim possibility. Unfortunately I don't know what else we can do. :(

Sorry, but we can't reproduce the ctd

I changed some effects in the event for the next patch